ADVERTISEMENT

The Bonnies

Mooney accepts losing. He said as much in the post game press conference when he said something like “this is who we are at this point.” It doesn’t matter if a team is young, inexperienced, whatever. The expectation should be to win every game you play, and to be disappointed if you don’t. Accepting poor results is a dangerous attitude for a coach or any kind of leader to have. It’s to the point where we really don’t have a choice but to make a change. This is a total rebuild now.

More compliments from the Bonnie fans. Only reinforces the idea that we have a lot in place already to be successful. Just need a coach to put it all together

Mooney accepts losing. He said as much in the post game press conference when he said something like “this is who we are at this point.” It doesn’t matter if a team is young, inexperienced, whatever. The expectation should be to win every game you play, and to be disappointed if you don’t. Accepting poor results is a dangerous attitude for a coach or any kind of leader to have. It’s to the point where we really don’t have a choice but to make a change. This is a total rebuild now.
I hope you are right! Do not think I can stand to wait until the end of the 2021-2022 season!

If the A-10 is not very good this year, and we are 1-6 in the A-10, what does that mean we are?

But what if we “make some noise” in A10? Have you given up on that barometer? Unfortunately Hardt probably hasn’t. Hardt is like those guys playing the music on the deck of the Titanic.

But what if we “make some noise” in A10? Have you given up on that barometer? Unfortunately Hardt probably hasn’t. Hardt is like those guys playing the music on the deck of the Titanic.
Interesting...do you think that or know that?

Today would be a good time to start. Tell the world that UR isn't going to stand for losing anymore. Why not do it mid-season and make a statement?

Reactions: Eight Legger
Mooney with Robert Fish pre-game last night: "...we're working REALLY hard, but the results haven't come as quickly as we would want..."

Side Note:. I really like Robert Fish on our radio broadcasts. He's grown on me -- plus he doesn't yuck it up all the time as if he's at the air hockey table at Chuck E Cheese's.

Reactions: SpiderDaMan
We will be extremely fortunate to win 10 games this season.

#NoMoreMooneyTruthing
VCU and GMU twice, SLU or Davidson winning even one of these would be shocking.
LaSalle, Fordham, GW at home we should win and losing 2 would mean we are still trending down.
UMass and LaSalle away, should be close.

I think 10 is actually most likely...

Which equates to two 20 loss seasons in a row. Absolutely unacceptable for this program, and for a coach in their 155th season. They need to send a message that these results are not acceptable at UofR, especially with the amount of money being invested.

An announcement should come out less than 2 hours after we lose an A10 tourney game.

Reactions: Eight Legger
Which equates to two 20 loss seasons in a row. Absolutely unacceptable for this program, and for a coach in their 155th season. They need to send a message that these results are not acceptable at UofR, especially with the amount of money being invested.

An announcement should come out less than 2 hours after we lose an A10 tourney game.
I wonder if it will be 10-21, win on Wednesday, lose on Thursday. 11-22.
Exactly the opposite of what I consider the minimum for a good season, 22-11...

I wonder if it will be 10-21, win on Wednesday, lose on Thursday. 11-22.
Exactly the opposite of what I consider the minimum for a good season, 22-11...
That's exactly what I'm seeing projected. Wins at home vs LaSalle, GW and Fordham.

He sat on the front row with Queally most of the game.
Then he should have gotten quite an eye full of the weaknesses in the coaching strategies we employ - rebounding afterthought, leaving 3 point shooters wide open, etc.

I wish it wasn't so, but with the way we've played at home this year I think losing out at home seems just as likely as getting those 3 wins.

That's exactly what I'm seeing projected. Wins at home vs LaSalle, GW and Fordham.

With this season and the way things are going I will resort to the trite: "don't count your chickens before they hatch." Do hope we win the games you mentioned (and all the rest) but the way things are going the only way I will be convinced of a win is when the final buzzer sounds and we have more points than the opponent. Unfortunately this team has come out with ways to lose that many would consider unimaginable.

Reactions: SpiderDaMan
With this season and the way things are going I will resort to the trite: "don't count your chickens before they hatch." Do hope we win the games you mentioned (and all the rest) but the way things are going the only way I will be convinced of a win is when the final buzzer sounds and we have more points than the opponent. Unfortunately this team has come out with ways to lose that many would consider unimaginable.
These are not my projections, but those of a computer model which simulates all the remaining games tens of thousands of times. As the season wears on, its projections get more accurate - but each individual game is just a percentage chance, not a "pick." In Richmond's case this season it has been on the correct side every game since Wake Forest. It had us at almost 49% last night, and the game was tied very late. Games like Dayton and Davidson we were <25%.

Obviously, I only use this for recreational purposes and not on any form of illegal sports wagering.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT