ADVERTISEMENT

Richmond vs Wake Forest

Ooooo that hurts!!!
I am a wake grad but am rooting for spiders since i have a child currently attending U of R

Grateful for your persistence and glad to have you onboard. Glad to see that you can take care of yourself and return the unwarranted criticism with well-spoken sarcasm. I like that quality, especially on this basketball board which has a large population of unrealistic Pollyannas.

Reactions: Not-A-Homer
I'll be plenty impressed if the Spiders beat Wake! Not only WF has the size but it seems this year even better at hitting the 3s. Also their rotation has more floor experience. Hope UR starts today with being a consistently good outside shooting team. Go Spiders!

I thought that win was in the RC during a holiday weekend. I remember being there, but may be confusing years.
It was in '81 not late 70s, the years kind of run together. Wake was ranked 13th I was in a wedding with some UR buddies so I know I wasn't at the game but don't really recall was it home or away. Since the groom was a big spider fan, I hope he didn't plan to get married on the same night as a home game......

We battle back then tj silly to and some bricks suddenly down 6. Thats what makes me think we lose games we shouldnt. Its like the team feels good about themselves when on a run to tie or take small lead then get sloppy and play uninspired for a stretch to go back down by a bunch. Happened against Bucknell. I hope today we want to keep foot on throat when on a run and get a decent lead when we get the opportunity.

Why is JJ stuck guarding the buggest guy in the floor. Silly. It means there is a big hole innthe system

Out rebounded 32-19 so far. Buck can't make a 3 to save his a$$

announcers said it all can't make any stops. And our offense is nowhere close to last years team. I think we are actually worse than last year, who would have said that losing DT and TD.

Lets go on a run to only lose by six so guys and coach can feel good about themselves. Ohhh so close!! Lets give team a standing O as they leave the court.

Something is not working. Bottom line is we are not where we want to be. NCAA is dream, I haven't seen a legit NCAA team since the KA Harp days. If we don't have the all around talent, we need exceptional coaching. I really wish Mckillop was our coach, he gets more out of system night in and night out than anyone else I've seen.

Reactions: Not-A-Homer
announcers said it all can't make any stops. And our offense is nowhere close to last years team. I think we are actually worse than last year, who would have said that losing DT and TD.
All that emphasis on defense. ha

Something is not working. Bottom line is we are not where we want to be. NCAA is dream, I haven't seen a legit NCAA team since the KA Harp days. If we don't have the all around talent, we need exceptional coaching. I really wish Mckillop was our coach, he gets more out of system night in and night out than anyone else I've seen.
Mooney shows demeanor of a coach who knows his job is secure whether win or lose. No passion and it carries over to the team.

42.9% from FT line. Out rebounded 45-31

Last edited:
free throw percentage heading towards the top of list of worst teams in the country, something to be proud of, go Spiders

Could we finish the OOC with a losing record? Lets go back and review all those predictions.

As you can tell I am frustrated, not because of these 8 games, but because of 6 years of going nowhere north.

Wake was better than us at every position and 3 deep on the bench.

Think we all saw this coming. The really frustrating thing is we played really poorly and still had a shot to be in it at the end. In terms of the five things we have to do to win...
1) score 70 points or hold opponent under 66 = failed
2) have less than 12 turnovers = passed
3) even on rebounding = failed big time
4) hit at least five threes = passed
5) hit 70% FT = haha failed

Once again, we have to do 3+ of those things and we only did 2....reason we lost the game. Also, picking up on another poster's point earlier this week...poor FT shooting kills not just from a points perspective but also from a momentum standpoint. Once again we have a chance to cut the lead to 6 with 3 mins left and our senior leader Shawndre misses both...killed our momentum.

Just baffling. Wake is pretty good, but they just moved the ball quickly and were open all day or get into the lane with great ease. Not much resistance on D. TJ and SDJ are great, but not strong defensively. Geroit had veteran guys like Gonzo, Smitty, Harp, Garrett surrounding him with defensive ability and athleticism.

My dog can shoot 6-14 from the FT line.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT