ADVERTISEMENT

Richmond vs Wake Forest

Dec 1, 2016
I am new to this board I have been watching Richmond basketball ever since I was a kid.
Over the years, I know we struggle against Wake Forest. I really don't see Richmond winning this game. If Chris Mooney finds a way to win this game I will be surprised. Considering, how well Wake Forest is playing right now.

Based on our recent history the game will play out like this: we play solid basketball in the 1st half and keep it close, come out in the beginning of the second half and play inspired basketball to take the lead, lose the lead at the 8 min mark, lose by 7 at the end of the game.

Reactions: Not-A-Homer
Well, we are 2-2 in our last four meetings with Wake. It's a winnable game but UR will need to play like they should to win.

I am new to this board I have been watching Richmond basketball ever since I was a kid.
Over the years, I know we struggle against Wake Forest. I really don't see Richmond winning this game. If Chris Mooney finds a way to win this game I will be surprised. Considering, how well Wake Forest is playing right now.

Welcome, Palmer. I hope you have a good experience posting here.
Unfortunately, I think that you are correct in concluding that we will not win on Saturday. I will be at the game, but I am not optimistic that we can even make it close. I have seen Wake twice on TV this year and they look greatly improved to me. They will need to have an off night for us to be competitive with them.
That said, you never know how it will play out. But regardless of the outcome, I will enjoy watching our team perform, especially the freshmen and sophomores.

Of course, we have Wake on our home court. Totally different situation than playing Bucknell at home. Wake only beats us by 12 to 18 points, not 20. Huge difference.

Of course, we have Wake on our home court. Totally different situation than playing Bucknell at home. Wake only beats us by 12 to 18 points, not 20. Huge difference.
Interestingly enough we were a 1 point underdog at Bucknell and Wake is a 1 point favorite here.

Welcome, Palmer. I hope you have a good experience posting here.
Unfortunately, I think that you are correct in concluding that we will not win on Saturday. I will be at the game, but I am not optimistic that we can even make it close. I have seen Wake twice on TV this year and they look greatly improved to me. They will need to have an off night for us to be competitive with them.
That said, you never know how it will play out. But regardless of the outcome, I will enjoy watching our team perform, especially the freshmen and sophomores.
Wake will come out as if they Expect to win because they bow have a second year coach that has instiiled a winning mentality to his power 5 team. He would have convinced his team that UR is a low level a10 team that his boys will beat handily, This motivational tactic will give them a nice lead after the 10 minute mark and they will coast to a 10 pt win.
Spiders will come out like deer in headlights after losing to a patriot league team.

Well we lost by 10 to buck so we will lose by 12 to Wake
I would think you'd learn not to post such definitive predictions after calling fans who thought we'd stay within 15 of Maryland "delusional".

as I've questioned before, I really don't understand why many of you watch this team if it makes you so miserable. adopt Duke or Kentucky. or Golden State. you'll get what you want out of fandom much more often.

Reactions: Ulla1 and GKiller
I wish nothing but good things for Wake Forrest after Saturday. I will be eternally grateful that they agree to play us (and have continued to do so) back in the 70's. It was Tarrant's first big upset to his magical run. Nobody could believe we, the University of Richmond Spiders, could beat an ACC team, WF in Winston Salem

We will beat Wake Forest tomorrow. Please refer to my post in the Bucknell thread explaining how every season of ours goes.

Reactions: Ram Bal
I wish nothing but good things for Wake Forrest after Saturday. I will be eternally grateful that they agree to play us (and have continued to do so) back in the 70's. It was Tarrant's first big upset to his magical run. Nobody could believe we, the University of Richmond Spiders, could beat an ACC team, WF in Winston Salem
I thought that win was in the RC during a holiday weekend. I remember being there, but may be confusing years.

We beat Wake at home in 1981.

We will be lucky to keep the game close this year.

Wake will come out as if they Expect to win because they bow have a second year coach that has instiiled a winning mentality to his power 5 team. He would have convinced his team that UR is a low level a10 team that his boys will beat handily, This motivational tactic will give them a nice lead after the 10 minute mark and they will coast to a 10 pt win.
Spiders will come out like deer in headlights after losing to a patriot league team.
I thought you were a Wake Forest graduate. This is Manning's (if you even know his name) third year. Our horrible teams are 1-1 against him. Troll!

We beat Wake at home in 1981.

We will be lucky to keep the game close this year.

I expect we will have the lead at some point in the second half, 50-50 game for us. The game will probably be pretty close, I expect the spread to be 3.5 points.

I predict by game time the spread will be at least 4 or 5 points.

Hypothetical question here. If we win this game regardless of if it's ugly or not, will we go back to the optimistic board or will it still be doom and gloom? Does a win tomorrow get us back on track?

The effort is there, the players will be motivated by playing an ACC team, and the game is at home. Wake does seem to be a little better this year, so I won't predict a win, but it won't be a complete surprise if the Spiders pull the upset. Likely will be a good one to watch.

I don't think we win this one--Wake shoots 3s too well. I assume their worst three point shooter-Crawford-will make about 6 of them inexplicably.

probably the best shooting WFU team in a while. 41% from 3, 80% from the line. and they rebound.
PG Crawford had 9 TO's against Northwestern.

Reactions: NewURfan
Hypothetical question here. If we win this game regardless of if it's ugly or not, will we go back to the optimistic board or will it still be doom and gloom? Does a win tomorrow get us back on track?
Of course it'll swing back. If nothing else, the board has reliably proven to be manic at its very core.

Reactions: spiders13
I really don't understand why many of you watch this team if it makes you so miserable. adopt Duke or Kentucky. or Golden State. you'll get what you want out of fandom much more often.

I also enjoy whacking my fingers and toes with a hammer.

Yeah, that's decidedly a middle finger.

Regardless, it's a funny avatar. I finally had a reason to bring the gesture into play, keef served it up.

Thumbkin, Pointer, Tall Man, Ring Man, Pinky...

I guess we may as well mail the season in, according to you!!! I don't think so.

I predict by game time the spread will be at least 4 or 5 points.

I don't understand why you think the spread will only be 4 or 5 points but we will struggle to keep the game close? Do you think Vegas is overestimating us with a spread like that? Do you think 4 or 5 points is not close? Anyway, the spread opened at 1 and immediately jumped to 2.5, let's see how far it moves.

http://www.oddsshark.com/ncaab/odds/line-history/743975

Well after Pitt beats Maryland
Duquesne beats Pitt

So either the Dukes are better than we thought or teams don't play the same every night...

I thought you were a Wake Forest graduate. This is Manning's (if you even know his name) third year. Our horrible teams are 1-1 against him. Troll!
Ooooo that hurts!!!
I am a wake grad but am rooting for spiders since i have a child currently attending U of R

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT