ADVERTISEMENT

Poll: Republican choice for President

Who do you think would be the best GOP choice for president?

• Ron DeSantis

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Mike Pence

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nikki Haley

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • Tim Scott

• Chris Christie

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Doug Burgum

• Vivek Ramaswamy

• Asa Hutchinson

• Larry Elder

• Donald Trump

• Total voters
Last edited:
Name one. ...
As long as the state constitution is silent on the matter, municipalities may choose to allow illegal to vote.

"17 municipalities that currently have laws allowing at least some noncitizens to vote in local elections. Noncitizens include people with legal authorization to live or work in the U.S., as well as people who are undocumented....

"These municipalities include San Francisco and Oakland in California, Washington, D.C...."

Non-citizens, including permanent legal residents, cannot vote in federal and state elections.
Just because it is a crime for an illegal to vote in an election does not mean that they don't.
Voting rules in many states do not allow for checks of citizenship before allowing a person to vote. Some states like Virginia do have a voter ID requirement....

But Virgina allows illegals to get a driver's license. One may reasonably conclude that if you have a driver's license in Virginia you can vote.

Name one.
Non-citizens, including permanent legal residents, cannot vote in federal and state elections.
By the way, I set you up. I said many states allow illegals to vote...I did not specify whether it was at the federal, state or local level. You further missed my nuanced argument about dejure vs. defacto treatment of illegals and voting. Q.E.D. quod erat demonstrandum...

Next?

By the way, I set you up. I said many states allow illegals to vote...I did not specify whether it was at the federal, state or local level. You further missed my nuanced argument about dejure vs. defacto treatment of illegals and voting. Q.E.D. quod erat demonstrandum...

Next?
This is a thread you started about the Republican nominee who will run for President, which is a federal, not local, election, in case you were confused. I could care less if some town in California lets illegals vote for dog catcher. If you care about that you should start a separate thread on that rather than continue to spread your misinformation.

This is a thread you started about the Republican nominee who will run for President, which is a federal, not local, election, in case you were confused. I could care less if some town in California lets illegals vote for dog catcher. If you care about that you should start a separate thread on that rather than continue to spread your misinformation.
Crocodile tears and ad hominem attacks once again. QED. Next.

Biden gets the same result as Mike Pence:
Was pence cleared of classified documents?

Pence will not be charged in classified documents probe

On Thursday, the Justice Department's national security division informed Pence's attorney that it had closed its investigation and that based on the “results” of that probe, no charges will be filed against the former vice president. Jun 2, 2023

You are so biased you will not hear a defense. But remember the Trump appointed lawyer said he would NOT charge Biden.
The Hur report accurately depicted Biden’s mental capacity. They can't hide it any more. Even CNN thinks Biden has experienced cognitive decline. This is something Joe Biden can't fix. It has gotten worse since Biden was elected.

The statements "that Biden was elderly and forgetful ignited a political firestorm that cut directly to the heart of the president’s chief vulnerability in the 2024 election....

"his age and acuity really do matter to voters and he is under increasing pressure to address this and demonstrate his capacity as the general election approaches...."

Last edited:
But yet Trump has said he would encourage Putin to attack NATO allies who "don't pay their bill". Death to debtors, even your friends. How can any reasonable person support him?

Reactions: Spiders4ever
But yet Trump has said he would encourage Putin to attack NATO allies who "don't pay their bill". Death to debtors, even your friends. How can any reasonable person support him?
Very easily. Biden's woke, green new deal policies have led to inflation like we havent seen since another liberal president, Jimmy Carter. People are reminded of Bidenflation every time they step in a grocery store. Add to it that he has demintia and is such a weak leader that the world is a tender box now on the door step of WW3. Biden's policies and weakness are paving the way for Trump to return to the White House. It's very easy to understand. I'm suprised you struggle to see it.

Reactions: Gallipoli
Very easily. Biden's woke, green new deal policies have led to inflation like we havent seen since another liberal president, Jimmy Carter. People are reminded of Bidenflation every time they step in a grocery store. Add to it that he has demintia and is such a weak leader that the world is a tender box now on the door step of WW3. Biden's policies and weakness are paving the way for Trump to return to the White House. It's very easy to understand. I'm suprised you struggle to see it.
No truer words were spoken.

Relative cognitive ability is a slam dunk for Trump and it pains me to say that. Biden, if elected, will be unable to serve 4 more years. Think Kamala is our best choice for Prez bc that is who you would be voting for as Prez? Very weak tea there.

• Haha
“Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.” — to, most recently, identifying an animal — a whale — that did not appear on the test.

Hey. Not shilling for anyone. It is the Mummy v the Maniac. We lose either way. Our once great Republic has devolved to this. Sad. Heartbreaking.

Both have cognitive issues and neither is my first choice but only one, by nature, observes presidential norms and mores.
And only one torpedoed the most comprehensive immigration reform in 30 years, only one wants Ukraine taken over by Russia, only one admires dictators, only one encouraged a mob to kill his vice president, only one tried to overthrow a free and fair election that he lies about to this day, and only one calls out private citizens resulting in death threats and harassment, just to name a few of the things that would never allow me to support him.

I'm not enamored with Biden, but don't see how anyone could vote for the alternative given what Trump has done and says he will do if elected. I do wish there were better choices. Biden is the incumbent so I understand why it is tougher for the Democrats to go with someone else, but why the Republicans appear to be going with Trump I will never understand.

Largely agree, Long Time.

Would quibble over immigration reform, but don't want to wade into that subject. It was largely fixed until Biden willfully stopped even attempting to enforce existing law.

Largely agree, Long Time.

Would quibble over immigration reform, but don't want to wade into that subject. It was largely fixed until Biden willfully stopped even attempting to enforce existing law.
Thanks, KE. I certainly understand your frustration with immigration. I do think the proposed legislation would have been a big help, the US Border Patrol was hoping it would become law.

426459183_8008706455810237_3324889862181826904_n.jpg

Why not enforce the laws on the books?
Because the current laws are mostly ineffective and outdated. They allow anyone crossing at a legal entry point to claim asylum, and more troubling, any person physically located in the US, even if entry was illegal, to apply for and claim asylum. To my knowledge, every recent President, including W and Trump, asked for a revision of the immigration laws (although Trump probably won't admit it now although its on tape). Much of Trump's reduced immigration was accomplished by Executive Orders, which can be challenged and overturned in Court (some were) or changed by the next President at his (or her?) discretion. If Biden banned all asylum seekers, and certainly most are claiming asylum since they know or have been advised of the law, the Courts would overturn that. I'm certainly not an immigration expert, if there's an immigration attorney out there who sees this and I have misstated something, please let me know.

Because the current laws are mostly ineffective and outdated. They allow anyone crossing at a legal entry point to claim asylum, and more troubling, any person physically located in the US, even if entry was illegal, to apply for and claim asylum. To my knowledge, every recent President, including W and Trump, asked for a revision of the immigration laws (although Trump probably won't admit it now although its on tape). Much of Trump's reduced immigration was accomplished by Executive Orders, which can be challenged and overturned in Court (some were) or changed by the next President at his (or her?) discretion. If Biden banned all asylum seekers, and certainly most are claiming asylum since they know or have been advised of the law, the Courts would overturn that. I'm certainly not an immigration expert, if there's an immigration attorney out there who sees this and I have misstated something, please let me know.
This administration and the Obama Administration decided to interpret the laws on the books incorrectly. The bureaucracry has gone rogue...so they have to be impeached.

This administration and the Obama Administration decided to interpret the laws on the books incorrectly. The bureaucracry has gone rogue...so they have to be impeached.

Good to know you are in agreement with the right wing MAGA extremists for impeaching someone who in your own words "decided to interpret the laws on the books incorrectly". Where are the high crimes and misdemeanors? These nut cases are wasting time on an impeachment that will never result in removal, meanwhile they are not accomplishing anything and Ukraine is running out of ammunition.

Frankly, assume he is just following orders, but his handling of his job has been disgraceful. On top of that, he comes across as smug and arrogant.

Never before under any President, Dem or Repub, have we had anything remotely approaching the mayhem at the border seen the past 3 years. Someone(s) needs to be taken to the woodshed.

And no, the most recent failed immigration law overhaul appeared far too lenient and unlikely to remedy the problem. Whatever happened to "remain in Mexico"? It was working, but tossed first day in office along with a number of other effective measures.

EDIT : Do find our treatment of Ukraine disgraceful as well. Give them the ability to defend themselves and do it now. House is misguided in its current approach.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT