ADVERTISEMENT

Poll: Republican choice for President

Who do you think would be the best GOP choice for president?

• Ron DeSantis

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Mike Pence

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nikki Haley

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • Tim Scott

• Chris Christie

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Doug Burgum

• Vivek Ramaswamy

• Asa Hutchinson

• Larry Elder

• Donald Trump

• Total voters
A CNN poll also shows Nikki Haley closing the gap with Trump In New Hampshire. The trend is significant. This is also the first time Trump has polled under 40% in any state poll.

"[W]ith the backing of 39% of likely Republican primary voters in New Hampshire compared to Haley’s 32%. The rest of the field lags far behind in the poll, with former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie at 12%, entrepreneur Vivek Ramaswamy at 8%, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis at 5% and former Arkansas Gov. Asa Hutchinson at less than 1%.

Support for Haley has risen 12 percentage points since the last CNN/UNH poll in November."

Last edited:
Nikki Haley is getting endorsements from a wide group of individuals. Now, she has an endorsement from Judge Judy. Judy Sheindlin endoursed Biden last time.

"I’m proud to endorse Nikki Haley because she is whip smart, has executive credentials and was a superb governor,” Sheindlin said in a Tuesday statement released by Haley’s campaign.

Calling the former South Carolina governor and U.N. ambassador “principled” and “measured,” Sheindlin said Haley has that elusive “quality of real common sense.”

“I truly think she can restore America and believe she is the future of this great nation,” the TV veteran said."

“It’s like having the best bows and arrows in the age of gunpowder.”​

Mike Madrid, an anti-Trump Republican strategist, on Nikki Haley’s surge in fund-raising from deep-pocketed backers

“It’s like having the best bows and arrows in the age of gunpowder.”​

Mike Madrid, an anti-Trump Republican strategist, on Nikki Haley’s surge in fund-raising from deep-pocketed backers
I am reminded of a situation like Eugene McCarthy in New Hampshire in 68, when McCarthy came in 2nd and essentially knocked LBJ out of the race.

George McGovern's success in 1972 was also instructive. He surprisingly came from behind and almost upset Edmund Muskie of Maine. Muskie won New Hampshire, but McGovern won the momentum into the remaining contests.

The Republican race is much more fascinating than the Democrat race. On our little poll, feel free to change your vote from Christie to Haley.

Last edited:
Nikki Haley is getting endorsements from a wide group of individuals. Now, she has an endorsement from Judge Judy. Judy Sheindlin endoursed Biden last time.

"I’m proud to endorse Nikki Haley because she is whip smart, has executive credentials and was a superb governor,” Sheindlin said in a Tuesday statement released by Haley’s campaign.

Calling the former South Carolina governor and U.N. ambassador “principled” and “measured,” Sheindlin said Haley has that elusive “quality of real common sense.”

“I truly think she can restore America and believe she is the future of this great nation,” the TV veteran said."

I thought Republicans frowned on Hollywood celebutards/athletes making endorsements.

Shouldn't she just shut up and judge?

• Haha
Reactions: Eight Legger
I thought Republicans frowned on Hollywood celebutards/athletes making endorsements.

Shouldn't she just shut up and judge?
The Judge Judy endorsement is only noteworthy in that she is a Democrat, but with an independent streak. She endorsed Mike Bloomburg over Biden in 2020. At the time, she famously said she didn't see greatness in Biden. Who actually does see greatness in Biden?

The Republican race is much more fascinating than the Democrat race. On our little poll, feel free to change your vote from Christie to Haley.
What, and vote for someone who is ineligible to run? Per Trump, she has birther issues and should not be on the ballot. Just like Obama, Cruz and Kamela Harris!

What, and vote for someone who is ineligible to run? Per Trump, she has birther issues and should not be on the ballot. Just like Obama, Cruz and Kamela Harris!
That's a new one. But I am not surprised. Trump is a nut. He can't win. He lost Georgia and almost every candidate he endorsed has lost. His hand picked guy for the PA senate seat lost to Fetterman. He was a down ballot drag in the Virginia elections. The guy is toxic.

Last edited:
Nikki Haley is really surging at the right moment. Even Politico is showing her some love... For Haley, she has to have one of the three top tickets out of Iowa, preferably a 2nd place finish. Then she has to do well, if not win in New Hampshire, then it's on to SC next.

"If we’ve learned anything, it’s that the laws of political gravity or axioms about elected politics don’t always apply anymore. Traditional voting habits have been thrown out the window. Polling has proved unreliable. And yet here we are, again, operating with utter certainty that the GOP primary is already cooked.

This isn’t a prediction or a guarantee that Haley will beat Trump. But if it happens, here’s how it would work...."

Well, Trump believes that it is legal for Joe Biden to kill political opponents without facing any legal consequences, so if he did that, he could really create an advantage for Haley by eliminating all her opposition.

• Haha
Reactions: Gallipoli
This person almost seems resigned to the fact that Trump will be able to trash Nikki Haley.

"After months spent eviscerating “Ron DeSanctimonious,” he is now turning his nasty machine on full blast against Haley. Soon after Christie dropped out, my in-box filled with several Trump campaign e-mails. At 9:10 p.m.: “Nikki Haley Is Funded By Democrats, Wall Street, & Globalists.” At 9:12 p.m.: “Nikki Haley Loves China.” At 9:16 p.m.: “Nikki Haley Will Raise Your Taxes.” Trump is even resorting to the birtherism playbook"

With Haley, he is circulating lies that her parents’ being born in India makes her ineligible to run for President. The longer the race against her lasts, I have no doubt, the nastier he will get. ..."

sounds like a whole lot of ifs and prayers for Nikki unless Trump gets convicted of multiple felonies

Remember, Trump is 78. He is too old to be carrying on with his antics. Trump is experiencing difficulty walking.
He has been seen dragging his right leg, while walking. This could be a situation of the "last man (or woman) standing" wins the GOP nomination.

Let's be real the Republican choice is vote Trump, or a 3rd party.

Chris Christie said Nikki Haley will get smoked by Trump. He doesn't think she is up to the task of taking him on.
I am going to respectfully disagree. She is fully capable. She reminds me of Margaret Thatcher. She is up to the task.

She doesn't even have the balls to stand up to Trump. She is nothing at all like Margaret Thatcher.

And she got smoked in New Hampshire, just as Christie said she would.

She doesn't even have the balls to stand up to Trump. She is nothing at all like Margaret Thatcher.

And she got smoked in New Hampshire, just as Christie said she would.
Nikki Haley was not "smoked" in New Hampshire. Trump won 12 delegates, Haley won 9. Trump is unelectable.

She is the only person who has stood up to Trump. It sounds to me like Nikki Haley has gotten to Trump. Here are a few excerpts from her last two speeches.

"Haley said the “worst kept secret in politics” was that Democrats want a 2020 rematch because Trump is “the only Republican in the country who Joe Biden can defeat.” She again questioned his cognitive ability, challenging him to prove his mental acuity “on a debate stage with me.” Perhaps most galling to the MAGA faithful, the former South Carolina governor warned that “a Trump nomination is a Biden win and a Kamala Harris presidency.'”...

Trump responded by insulting Nikki Haley's dress...

'“This is not your typical victory speech, but let’s not have somebody take a victory when she had a very bad night,” he told supporters, before adding that “you can’t let people get away with bullshit” and mocking Haley for wearing a “fancy dress that probably wasn’t so fancy.”'

With all due respect, not everyone can afford $3,000 dresses.

The collective kowtowing to Trump by Republicans who know better was emasculating eight years ago. Given everything that has happened since then, it’s just downright pathetic and anti-American now. It’s also something I will never understand, regardless of how much dirt he has on any of them. They could easily send him packing and reclaim the party, but they appear disinterested in doing so, and we are all worse for it.

The good news is that this is Trump's last year in politics. The bad news is that is he going to get crushed in November. Trump cannot win suburban women voters around Atlanta, Phoenix, Madison, Philadelphia, Detroit, Charlotte, Raleigh, Richmond, Dallas or Houston. She is the only one callling him out.

The collective kowtowing to Trump by Republicans who know better was emasculating eight years ago. Given everything that has happened since then, it’s just downright pathetic and anti-American now. It’s also something I will never understand, regardless of how much dirt he has on any of them. They could easily send him packing and reclaim the party, but they appear disinterested in doing so, and we are all worse for it.
Nikki Haley is the only presidential candidate who has stood up to Trump. If a person cannot stand up to Trump, how are they going to stand up to Putin, Xi, the Mullahs, or Kim?

Joe Biden stood up to Trump and is only beginning his current campaign, already calling out the DJT bs. Chris Christy and Liz Chaney did also.

Joe Biden stood up to Trump and is only beginning his current campaign, already calling out the DJT bs. Chris Christy and Liz Chaney did also.
Both Christy and Liz Cheney got run over. I like Chris and Larry Hogan in Maryland. Both showed some spine., as did Liz Cheney. Biden won, but he campaigned from his basement in 2020. I think we as a country can do better than Trump and Biden.

Covid led Biden to run a different type campaign, I think we are already seeing a different campaign. I agree we should be able to "do better". I also believe it will be a binary choice.

It's hilarious that Republicans continue to criticize Biden for "campaigning from his basement" when he won by 8 million votes and an electoral-college landslide. Sounds like a pretty smart move to me, unlike the fat POS who spoke at public rallies, didn't pay his bills, stuck his foot in his mouth at every time he opened his mouth and lied about everything under the sun.

Not seeing any criticism of Fatso at all in your Haley quotes. Criticizing Fatso is Christie saying "he's unfit to be president" among other things.

It is mind boggling to me that a majority of the Republicans in this country continue to support Trump. After his election in 2016, he has done nothing but lose elections for the Republican party. Plus, he's just a nasty person who lies about everything. And now, he's intimidating Republican House members and senators, including Mitch McConnell, into not accepting an immigration bill that Lindsey Graham said is the best the Republicans could ever hope for. Trump doesn't care about finding a permanent solution to immigration or helping Ukraine, he only wants to keep it an open problem to help his election chances. Haley would have an excellent chance at winning the general election, what are the majority of Republicans thinking about? They must love losing!

Reactions: Eight Legger
Ain't a Republican. Sorry to disappoint Wood.

Haley is a far better choice than Biden (The Mummy) or Trump (The Maniac).

Vote for sanity. We are due!

Reactions: Gallipoli
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT