ADVERTISEMENT

Poll: Republican choice for President

Who do you think would be the best GOP choice for president?

• Ron DeSantis

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Mike Pence

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nikki Haley

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • Tim Scott

• Chris Christie

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Doug Burgum

• Vivek Ramaswamy

• Asa Hutchinson

• Larry Elder

• Donald Trump

• Total voters

Gallipoli

Graduate Assistant
Aug 20, 2017
The Doghouse
Pick the best choice for the GOP for President. I put Trump at the bottom. Most people on this board are thinking adults and know better than to pick Trump.

Last edited:
Mike Pence would be the best choice. Small government, pro-growth, strong national defense, born again Christian, believer in American exceptionalism, China hawk, strong advocate for controlling the border, advocates peace through strength.

Haley has good credentials. Executive experience as a Governor of South Carolina. Foreign policy experience as UN Ambassador.

Doesn't seem looney one way or the other. Obviously conservative, but that doesn't disqualify her in my view. Need to know more about her though.

Haley has good credentials. Executive experience as a Governor of South Carolina. Foreign policy experience as UN Ambassador.

Doesn't seem looney one way or the other. Obviously conservative, but that doesn't disqualify her in my view. Need to know more about her though.
I actually agree with you on this one, she seems to be the most reasonable of the candidates from what I have seen so far.

Reactions: Gallipoli
Biden will be facing a top-tier Republican candidate in either Haley, Desantis or Pence. Trump will not make the cut. The Republicans will start running attack ads against Trump. Just the other day, Trump attacked the popular governor of Iowa, Kim Reynolds. I loved Desantis' move to dedicate state resources to ferry trapped Americans out of Israel. This guy is good.

Christie is the most reasonable choice but of course he has no chance and also tainted himself forever by inexplicably hitching his wagon to Trump for those few years.

Christie is the most reasonable choice but of course he has no chance and also tainted himself forever by inexplicably hitching his wagon to Trump for those few years.
Good point. Christie was a successful governor. If Christie had been Attorney General, instead of Sessions, Trump would not have been prosecuted for Russiagate. He will be remembered for the Fort Lee lane closure scandal (by the left) and for his embrace of Obama after Hurricane Sandy (by the right).

He will be remembered for the Fort Lee lane closure scandal (by the left) and for his embrace of Obama after Hurricane Sandy (by the right).

Which one was illegal and needlessly inconvenienced hundreds of thousands of motorists and resulted in prison time for the henchmen?

Boy, embracing a President for showing up at a huge national disaster. Only true nutcases would have a problem with that. You Republicans sure are a strange bunch.

He will be remembered for the Fort Lee lane closure scandal (by the left) and for his embrace of Obama after Hurricane Sandy (by the right).

Which one was illegal and needlessly inconvenienced hundreds of thousands of motorists and resulted in prison time for the henchmen?

Boy, embracing a President for showing up at a huge national disaster. Only true nutcases would have a problem with that. You Republicans sure are a strange bunch.
Personally, I had no problem with either the lane closure or the hug of Obama. Chris would be a good president.

Personally, I had no problem with either the lane closure or the hug of Obama. Chris would be a good president.
So you're OK with illegally inconveniencing hundreds of thousands of motorists, from both parties and independents, adding hours to their commute, over some petty political squabble?

I suppose Christie going to the beach after he closed all the state beaches to everyone else was OK too?

He should have stopped kissing Trump's butt six years ago, not now that he thinks it's politically expedient. Where was he on Jan. 6?

So you're OK with illegally inconveniencing hundreds of thousands of motorists, from both parties and independents, adding hours to their commute, over some petty political squabble?

I suppose Christie going to the beach after he closed all the state beaches to everyone else was OK too?

He should have stopped kissing Trump's butt six years ago, not now that he thinks it's politically expedient. Where was he on Jan. 6?
meh

Where was he on Jan. 6?

Dining?

• Haha
Reactions: Gallipoli

Jenna Ellis pleads guilty to trying to illegally overturn a fair and legal Georgia election. No law school alum of the year awards in her future, she should have been disbarred.

She also set up a Go Fund me page for her defense, even though she then pleaded guilty and no longer required legal representation. If you're the lawyer, you know exactly what you’re doing and are responsible for everything you write and present to the Court. Her excuses rank with "The dog ate my homework" or "I was just a silly girl. If only the big strong manly men had helped me."

Another freaking Trumpist grifter.

Last edited:

Jenna Ellis pleads guilty to trying to illegally overturn a fair and legal Georgia election. No law school alum of the year awards in her future, she should have been disbarred.

She also set up a Go Fund me page for her defense, even though she then pleaded guilty and no longer required legal representation. If you're the lawyer, you know exactly what you’re doing and are responsible for everything you write and present to the Court. Her excuses rank with "The dog ate my homework" or "I was just a silly girl. If only the big strong manly men had helped me."

Another freaking Trumpist grifter.
The government has tremendous power to coerce and destroy people. The first thing communists do is destroy the voices of lawyers representing those standing up to the government. The left has weaponized government to destroy those who disagree with you.

The government has tremendous power to coerce and destroy people. The first thing communists do is destroy the voices of lawyers representing those standing up to the government. The left has weaponized government to destroy those who disagree with you.
If you think the 3 lawyers who pled guilty to conspiring to overturn a free and fair election were "representing those standing up to the government" I agree with Wood. You need to join your fellow citizen Hunter (who like you has nothing to do with governing) and put the crack pipe down.

If you think the 3 lawyers who pled guilty to conspiring to overturn a free and fair election were "representing those standing up to the government" I agree with Wood. You need to join your fellow citizen Hunter (who like you has nothing to do with governing) and put the crack pipe down.
I would vote for Hunter, I can at least understand him. I can't say the same for Joe "the Big Guy" Biden or his sidekick- Kamala "Word Salad" Harris. Uncle Joe has constantly said he had nothing to do with the business dealings of his family. However, Jim Biden laundered a payment to Joe for 200,000 from the Chicoms. Nice.

What are you going to do, when 87,000 IRS agents come after you? How many times have you made an error on your tax return?
Here is a good example... The IRS regularly attacks those speaking out against Government abuses. This is an excellent example.

DeSantis and Niki Haley are the two front runners for the GOP nomination. I switched my vote from Pence to Niki Haley. Trump will not be nominated.

F-Rg3wlacAAVbB-

From your lips to God's ears!!!!!
Nikki Haley has the momentum. I see her surging to show a strong first or second place in Iowa or New Hampshire. From there, her surging momentum will take over. Her opponents will fall away and endorse her. She has more nerve and guts than Joe Biden. She has more political savvy than Trump or DeSantis.

Tim Scott just announced he was suspending his campaign. This field needs to coalesce around DeSantis and Hailey to defeat Trump. I am sick of Trump and his antics.

Nikki Haley is courting Wall Street donors. This is very good. She reminds me of Margaret Thatcher. She is tough as nails. She has the experience.

Trump has been removed from the ballot in Colorado. My problem- what is to keep Texas or Florida from excluding Biden?

“My problem- what is to keep Texas or Florida from excluding Biden?”

Lack of an insurrection ruling? I am sure it can be manufactured but, as of now, it doesn’t exist for Biden. The Trump ruling surely will be appealed quickly to the Supremes and that will put some definition around the question.

“My problem- what is to keep Texas or Florida from excluding Biden?”

Lack of an insurrection ruling? I am sure it can be manufactured but, as of now, it doesn’t exist for Biden. The Trump ruling surely will be appealed quickly to the Supremes and that will put some definition around the question.
There is nothing to stop Republicans from ginning up a similar reason to kick Biden off the ballot- like withholding $1 billion to squelch a corruption investigation against Hunter and Burisma in Ukraine.

Jonathan Turley, a liberal attorney and a Con Law professor at GWU, writes that the Colorado case creates a a dangerous precedent.

"It [the decision] places the nation on a slippery slope where red and blue states could now engage in tit-for-tat disqualifications. According to the Colorado Supreme Court, those decisions do not need to be based on the specific comments made by figures like Trump. Instead, it ruled, courts can now include any statements made before or after a speech to establish a "true threat.”...

"The Colorado Supreme Court has handed down the most anti-democratic opinion in decades. What is particularly galling is that these four justices stripped away the right of millions of voters to choose their preferred candidate in the name of democracy. It is like burning down a house in the name of fire safety."

Last edited:
Jonathan Turley, a liberal attorney and a Con Law professor at GWU, writes that the Colorado case creates a a dangerous precident.

"It [the decision] places the nation on a slippery slope where red and blue states could now engage in tit-for-tat disqualifications. According to the Colorado Supreme Court, those decisions do not need to be based on the specific comments made by figures like Trump. Instead, it ruled, courts can now include any statements made before or after a speech to establish a "true threat.”...

"The Colorado Supreme Court has handed down the most anti-democratic opinion in decades. What is particularly galling is that these four justices stripped away the right of millions of voters to choose their preferred candidate in the name of democracy. It is like burning down a house in the name of fire safety."

You didn't really call Turley a liberal, did you?? He may have voted for Clinton in another lifetime, but he's been a Trump puppet and Fox News propagandist for several years now.

Update on ARG poll...

Now it's Trump 37...Haley 33 in New Hampshire, according to the American Research Group, as reported by 538.

The poll was conducted between December 27th and January 3rd.

Any body besides Trump, please.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT