ADVERTISEMENT

Next Year Roster

This leaves us with one open scholarship, correct? Curious if we're going to look at bringing one more guy in or if this is it.

I hope Isaiah can be the three-point threat we need, but I don't love that he was under 30% last year. In fact, he's a career 30% shooter from there if you take out his 13-for-18 against non-DI schools. Those four games pad his stats by three percentage points.

I hope Isaiah can be the three-point threat we need, but I don't love that he was under 30% last year. In fact, he's a career 30% shooter from there if you take out his 13-for-18 against non-DI schools. Those four games pad his stats by three percentage points.
Maybe Trap can convince Mooney to turn him into a center?

I think Bigelow & Crabtree & Goose & Dji for that matter too all can turn up from 3 this year coming off of injuries, getting back into the groove, etc.

PG - Dji / Nelson
SG - Goose /Crabtree / Randolph/Dread
SF - Burton/Bigelow
PF - Grace/Noyes
C - Quinn/ Walz

OK, one more spot to go. Based on 4700's recent posts, guessing we may be done. I would still like to see us go after a Sy Chatman type of size and athlete.
At least defensively, I think Bigelow is more of a 4 than Noyes. I have not seen either of them play.

I think he can be a factor from 3. I realize the percentage was low this year, but I see an always great FT shooter with good form and range. Wouldn't surprise me to next year see him closer to his 39% from 2 years ago than his 30% this past year. There are also 33%ish guys you can leave open, and 33%ish guys you need to guard. I think he is a guy the other team won't leave open, which will make everyone else better when he is out there.

7-for-8 from three against D-II North Greenville in 2019...maybe we can get them on the schedule.

reputation of a shooter and had a good freshman year. I'm hopeful.

I wouldn't be surprised to see us go small with the last spot. right now it's just Jason and Dji at point ... Goose in a pinch but he's no PG. we're one rolled ankle from trouble there.

7-for-8 from three against D-II North Greenville in 2019...maybe we can get them on the schedule.
Well, 7-8 is still 7-8. I like the fact he had some games where he shot and made a high amount of 3s.

Regardless of who starts, I think based on our two decades of experience, Mooney will settle in on an 8-man rotation of:

Goose, Nelson, Dji, Burton, Crabtree, Bigalow, Grace, and Quinn. Randolph is 9th man, and next man up in case of injury. I'm not expecting much run for Noyes, Dread, or Walz.

Regardless of who starts, I think based on our two decades of experience, Mooney will settle in on an 8-man rotation of:

Goose, Nelson, Dji, Burton, Crabtree, Bigalow, Grace, and Quinn. Randolph is 9th man, and next man up in case of injury. I'm not expecting much run for Noyes, Dread, or Walz.
you could change "Mooney" for "pretty much any coach". 8 guys will get the most minutes. still have one guy to add though that could break in. and we know nothing about the freshmen to either write them off or write them in.

you could change "Mooney" for "pretty much any coach". 8 guys will get the most minutes. still have one guy to add though that could break in. and we know nothing about the freshmen to either write them off or write them in.
Yep. If not 8, most teams go with 7. None of the final four teams used their bench much, and they all did fine. Duke played 7 guys, and the other 3 teams basically played 6 except for a few spots minutes.

Quit confusing me. Isn't it 7 of 8, 3 of 4, 1 of 3, 1 of 4 for 12 of 19?

Well, 7-8 is still 7-8. I like the fact he had some games where he shot and made a high amount of 3s.
That where I agree, you might get open easier against D2 but you still have to make the shots, and he proved he can.

Reactions: VT4700
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT