ADVERTISEMENT

It’s time fire Huesman and staff

Gospiders06

Team Manager
Jan 25, 2018
Totally blew it against Wand M it’s 24-13. Tell me how we are winning? We are just here to compete. Don’t even care anymore

Russ said he listens on headphones but no idea what plays are being called.Are you really that disconnected

Russ will NEVER have a better quarterback than Lauletta or Udenski. He can’t win.

Last edited:
Reactions: Under Center
We will probably finally make the playoffs but yes, it’s probably time to move on. Keep Cosh and blow the rest of it up.

Reactions: SpiderK
My patience has run its course. First bid in 6 years, and with a 1 year graduate QB. Great season, and can’t wait to see what this team can do in Dec. However, is this a one year flash in the pan? what about next year? And the year after? We going back to 6-5, 4-7, 7-4 every year?

He fired Durden last season which IMO to me led directly to this playoff appearance. He deserves credit for this season. Bad game today? Yes. Fireable offense? Not at this stage. Not sure what purpose this kind of rhetoric serves at the moment. Beat everyone we should of this season and won some important games along the way. If you would of told me we would go 2-1 in this stretch of 3 games I would of taken it.

Last edited:
Honestly, had we stopped them on one of those four third downs on that last TD drive, we get the ball back and very possibly score aTD to go ahead and maybe win the game. That's despite all the huge plays and massive yardage we gave up. So we absolutely can beat them.

Honestly, had we stopped them on one of those four third downs on that last TD drive, we get the ball back and very possibly score aTD to go ahead and maybe win the game. That's despite all the huge plays and massive yardage we gave up. So we absolutely can beat them.
looked to me our db's went soft on those 3rd downs, Let them catch and try to knock it free on the Tackle.

Huesman couldn't win with an NFL level QB- Lauletta. I am not sure Huesman is a field general. He doesn't have the overall perspective to manage a program. Bring in the VMI coach, Wachenheim. He would be an excellent fit.

Last edited:
If we’re concerned we can’t win close games, let’s find a staff that has been winning games. Seems odd to trade a staff that finished 8-3 in a tougher conference for 1-10. Even Russ could win in the SoCon.

Reactions: spiderjpo
Wow, what a broken record.
We beat Villanova, New Hampshire, and Delaware, and played W & M to the wire, but let’s fire
the coach.
I bet that you guys wanted Mooney fired, and then last year happened.
I have an idea, why don’t you post a billboard?

My patience has run its course. First bid in 6 years, and with a 1 year graduate QB. Great season, and can’t wait to see what this team can do in Dec. However, is this a one year flash in the pan? what about next year? And the year after? We going back to 6-5, 4-7, 7-4 every year?
There is no guarantee 8-3 will do it.

He fired Durden last season which IMO to me led directly to this playoff appearance. He deserves credit for this season. Bad game today? Yes. Fireable offense? Not at this stage. Not sure what purpose this kind of rhetoric serves at the moment. Beat everyone we should of this season and won some important games along the way. If you would of told me we would go 2-1 in this stretch of 3 games I would of taken it.
I am pleased with the season, our best in about 6 years. Russ has 2 excellent coordinators in Wood and Cosh. Hope to witness continuation of success in 2023. And I think it is important for fans to step things up.

Wow, what a broken record.
We beat Villanova, New Hampshire, and Delaware, and played W & M to the wire, but let’s fire
the coach.
I bet that you guys wanted Mooney fired, and then last year happened.
I have an idea, why don’t you post a billboard?
We competed. That’s my billboard for this athletic department

Reactions: wr70beh and SpiderK
There's no way 8–3 in the CAA doesn't get a bid.

There are 13 at-large spots and there are only 7 non-auto-bid teams with better records than us and we're in one of the strongest conferences.
In Danny Rocco's first year, we went 8-3. Villanova went 7-4. We beat Villanova 21-0 at Villanova for their homecoming game. Villanova went to the playoffs - we did not. Who knows how this committee will look at things.

Villanova went because they got the auto bid by virtue of tiebreakers in that crazy season where ODU was ineligible and there was a four-way tie for second. The playoffs were also only 20 teams at that time.

I agree. I would like another shot ar W/M. We have to finish drives on O...Have to get 6 in the red zone
Absolutely. Our lack of running game really hurts us in the red zone when the field gets compressed. I knew it was going to haunt us that we only got 2 fg’s out of those early drives. We do a good job of throwing quick passes to our rbs to supplement our run game between the 20’s but our short yardage and red zone running game has to be a point of emphasis this off-season. That said this team has earned a playoff berth and I’m interested to see how far they can go.

I'm willing to give Russ a pass for the rest of the year. My concern is whether Udinski is the reason for the success this season, not the coaching. Let's see what happens next year when we have to go with a quarterback who got almost zero opportunities to play this year, and no short yardage running backs....ought to be interesting.

Huesman couldn't win with an NFL level QB- Lauletta. I am not sure Huesman is a field general. He doesn't have the overall perspective to manage a program. Bring in the VMI coach, Wachenheim. He would be an excellent
Russ' tenure started slowly, but over our last 14 FCS games he is 12-2 , 85.7% winning percentage.

What the hell do some of you want?
Absolutely. Our lack of running game really hurts us in the red zone when the field gets compressed. I knew it was going to haunt us that we only got 2 fg’s out of those early drives. We do a good job of throwing quick passes to our rbs to supplement our run game between the 20’s but our short yardage and red zone running game has to be a point of emphasis this off-season. That said this team has earned a playoff berth and I’m interested to see how far they can go.
The running game in the red zone needs to be a point of emphasis now.

The running game in the red zone needs to be a point of emphasis now.
I’d love to see us line up under center (pardon the pun) and run over folks. We probably should have called more runs in the red zone early yesterday but frankly we haven’t been good in that area for many years. Our rbs are skilled but not very big guys and we’ve struggled in recent years in short yardage and goal line situations. I wish it was as easy as committing to more running plays but I just don’t think we are good at executing them as currently constructed.

I’d love to see us line up under center (pardon the pun) and run over folks. We probably should have called more runs in the red zone early yesterday but frankly we haven’t been good in that area for many years. Our rbs are skilled but not very big guys and we’ve struggled in recent years in short yardage and goal line situations. I wish it was as easy as committing to more running plays but I just don’t think we are good at executing them as currently constructed.
Don’t know unless you try. Zero run plays in the red zone called on the first two drives.

I'm willing to give Russ a pass for the rest of the year. My concern is whether Udinski is the reason for the success this season, not the coaching. Let's see what happens next year when we have to go with a quarterback who got almost zero opportunities to play this year, and no short yardage running backs....ought to be interesting.
It’s Udinski for sure. Huesman doesn’t have a clue.

Don’t know unless you try. Zero run plays in the red zone called on the first two drives.
We tried running out the clock several times against UNH with 3 minutes left and we got no yardage on four plays and were lucky to get one long fg out of two possessions. I totally agree that we should be trying more runs…just not sure if we have the personnel…at least this year…to be really successful. It’s definitely frustrating.

Thanks Paward. We have lost most of the posters on here like you. I would be curious to know how many of our current posters have been to the away and home games this year to really have a proper way to judge the team and coaches!
It has been a pleasure following this Spider team and staff🕷🕸👏

We tried running out the clock several times against UNH with 3 minutes left and we got no yardage on four plays and were lucky to get one long fg out of two possessions. I totally agree that we should be trying more runs…just not sure if we have the personnel…at least this year…to be really successful. It’s definitely frustrating.
I want to know why #1 didn’t see any action running the ball.

I want to know why #1 didn’t see any action running the ball.
He played in 10 games and ran the ball 32 times. Seemed to spend the whole season as the #3 back and stayed in the rotation. Our back's ability did not appear to be the issue in the run game. I would also think most thought when Cosh got here the Spiders would not be a run first team and they averaged 131 yards per game rushing the ball, vs 290 passing. The backs also have 405 yards receiving in an offense that used short passes much like a run offense.

I get the issues about running the ball more in the red zone since to many FGs were kicked during the last two games.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT