ADVERTISEMENT

Grant injury

I didn't see the game. but scoring 6 points in 38 mins isn't like Grant. Injury has definitely impacted his play. I didn't how much longer we survive giving up 90 plus a game.

Grant is a tough kid. It is very impressive how quickly he came back from his 1st sprained ankle. It take most people 6 weeks to recover. Obviously it was very week and he probably had a fair amount of pain, but he still put up respectable numbers. He is 7th in the league in rebounding and was selected to the all tournament team.

I hope he can play soon, but it is going to take time until he is 100% and while his ankle is weak will be receptive to further ankle sprains.

Reactions: urfan1
"Grant Golden is questionable for Richmond Saturday vs. Boston College, according to Spiders coach Chris Mooney. Golden (ankle) did not practice Thursday and will not practice Friday, per coach Mooney."

Not having GG available for practice really hurts our ranking as a top practice team.

#NoMoreMooneyTruthing

"Grant Golden is questionable for Richmond Saturday vs. Boston College, according to Spiders coach Chris Mooney. Golden (ankle) did not practice Thursday and will not practice Friday, per coach Mooney."

Not having GG available for practice really hurts our ranking as a top practice team.

#NoMoreMooneyTruthing
Come on man, give it a break

I really hope they keep him out tomorrow and give him some time to heal. Really no need to rush him back and have a setback.

If we lose against BC and are somehow in the at large discussion at the end of the year they take injuries to star players into consideration anyway.

I really hope they keep him out tomorrow and give him some time to heal. Really no need to rush him back and have a setback.

If we lose against BC and are somehow in the at large discussion at the end of the year they take injuries to star players into consideration anyway.
I wouldn’t count on us getting much benefit from the committee if we lose at home to an average BC without him. It’s just going to look like a loss to an average team. If he can play tomorrow, we need him to.

Reactions: SpiderK and keefusb
It is very impressive how quickly he came back from his 1st sprained ankle. It takes most people 6 weeks to recover.

I think the larger point here is that GG never did recover from the first ankle injury. He should have been on the bench with his ankle on ice once it was clear that Auburn was going to beat us by 20 points. Poor injury management by CM and the training/medical staff.

#NoMoreMooneyTruthing

I think the larger point here is that GG never did recover from the first ankle injury. He should have been on the bench with his ankle on ice once it was clear that Auburn was going to beat us by 20 points. Poor injury management by CM and the training/medical staff.

#NoMoreMooneyTruthing
He never recovered? Come on now. If you watched the game you saw it was a freak accident where he landed on the defenders foot. If he had never sprained an ankle before in his life, he still would’ve sprained it there.

Reactions: UR80sfan
Son of a #%*#. We’ll see what the Spiders are made of today without our best man in the mix. Guards will have to light it up today.

EL, I'm with you. The committee is not going to be looking at BC and UR to see whoplay we need to find a way to win.
I disagree, when we were in the CAA, we lost John Davis, the Committee did take it into account. . Grant will not play today or against Hampton out of caution, great decision!!!

This is such an important game in terms of post season implications. Golden’s foot better be falling off, because if not he should be out there.

BC is a bad team. Couple shooters and nothing else. We are looking really really bad too. Nick is o-100 in this game so far. No one has gotten the ball above the rim on a layup yet.

Gilyard is playing his a$$ off. Has us up 40-30 with 12:59 to go. If anybody helps him, we could be ok.

Reactions: nathanw19
Refs sure did let them play. BC coach showed a lot class at the end of the game not fouling down when down 20 points the last 4 minutes.

Refs let the teams play today, probably the best defensive effort I have seen from a Spider team in over ten years! Keep it up guys! Get well Grant and Nate, we will need you both.

intensity and passion.....

I think Sal showed today why he got few minutes last year. He can help in spots defensively, but is a long ways from being a starter (at least based on today's game)

intensity and passion.....

I think Sal showed today why he got few minutes last year. He can help in spots defensively, but is a long ways from being a starter (at least based on today's game)
In Sals defense, he shouldn't be our backup center BUT their center wasn't good and Sal could/should have done more.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT