ADVERTISEMENT

From ESPN UR vs VCU

Aug 19, 2003
Least likely to grab an offensive rebound

Richmond at VCU. A weird thing is happening in Richmond this season: The Spiders have basically given up on the idea of rebounding their own misses. Richmond's offensive rebound rate is just 22.2 percent, 345th in Division I. The good news? You don't really need to rebound your misses against VCU, because if the Rams don't force you to turn the ball over, it's usually pretty easy to score. Richmond is turning it over less than any other A-10 team. This sneaky-fun rivalry might just be a sneaky-good matchup, too.

Originally posted by localspider:

Least likely to grab an offensive rebound

Richmond at VCU. A weird thing is happening in Richmond this season: The Spiders have basically given up on the idea of rebounding their own misses. Richmond's offensive rebound rate is just 22.2 percent, 345th in Division I. The good news? You don't really need to rebound your misses against VCU, because if the Rams don't force you to turn the ball over, it's usually pretty easy to score. Richmond is turning it over less than any other A-10 team. This sneaky-fun rivalry might just be a sneaky-good matchup, too.
So ESPN agrees with me, the VCU half court defense is mediocre.

Bingo. And this is why when we are a decent team, we usually play VCU well. They win a lot of their games by harassing people in the backcourt and casing turnovers there, but get them into the frontcourt and it's a different game. We always have guys who take care of the ball and don't fall victim to the fouling as often as most other teams do.

...and unlike prior year VCU's half court offense struggles at time as well. Cut out turnovers and their fast breaks and we have a shot. We still cannot give them second chances, we have to rebound.

K Zero does a great job against the press and thrives on keeping his cool. Has to be tiring......
Hitting our shots is the key for us in this game. Think we will protect the ball.

That so-called "analyst" obviously hasn't watched VCU's recent games. But go ahead and keep having that false sense of security that VCU's half-court defense is mediocre.
roll.r191677.gif

No one is under any illusions and tongue in cheek humor has to be taken for what it is.

Man, now that you posted that, I bet Greg Robbins will score no points and have no rebounds tomorrow.

Originally posted by HoosFan05:
Get ready...

67384_10101023238793306_782286514_n.jpg
One of your many great unbathed is front and center on that picture. Robbins is thinking why is that idiot jumping around so much and damn what is that bad odor over here.

That picture is a rare find. Pav is in the picture and there's someone more repulsive than Pav in the picture.

Originally posted by MolivaManiac:
That picture is a rare find. Pav is in the picture and there's someone more repulsive than Pav in the picture.
How can the stands support all of that blubber?

Originally posted by MolivaManiac:
Lolololololol

UR Espn highlights were 20 seconds and only talked about Weber injury.

no pic of the horned fellow is complete without his bevy of beauties who follow him and wait on him.

ESPN also spent some time showing the Oakland Raiders fans that dressed out for the game....more horns.

Originally posted by Spiders05:
The things you could do with this pic...

This post was edited on 1/31 11:10 PM by Spiders05
Mmmmm....beard chicken.

It will be interesting to see the media spin on this game. My guess is the local media will focus on what happened to VCU to lose the game and giving no credit to UR for winning the game. The media is in love with VCU. Meanwhile UR is ignored or a minor "footnote" to the media.
This post was edited on 2/1 11:54 AM by FrontRoyalSpider

Agree FRS, they will focus on Weber injury, implying that is also why they lost the game.

Originally posted by PuddinDaStunna:
ec

Spider fans keeping it classy in victory.
Really? Read the whole message. The nope is in reference to something else, not the injury. Way to take things out of context.

The context is just as posted, it was mocking his injury. She was trolling twitter all afternoon until she deleted all of her tweets and made her account private.

I am sick and tired of poor sportsmanship involving injured players. Anyone who has been around an athlete who has blown out their knee , knows the devastation it causes. Briante may be from that rival school who we despise, but he is a competitor and should be respected for it. It will take him 2 years from this injury to get back to a level close to where he is at. His chances of pro contracts is diminished cause he is considered damaged goods.

We did not lose the game cause he went out with 3 minutes left but VCU's chances were hurt. I salute him and wish he had the chance to break the all time steal record which he would have surpassed by quite a bit. I went through this injury with my son and some good friends, and feel for anyone, friend or competitor who must face this injury.

Jeez, you guys are unbelievable, ignore the thread here that says nothing but good things about Weber by many to focus on what 1 person said probably before the extent of the injury was known. It's like some massive collective inferiority complex where you always need to look for a slight or beat your collective chests about how awesome you are. It's like the basketball equivalent of virginia tech football fans.

Originally posted by PuddinDaStunna:
The context is just as posted, it was mocking his injury. She was trolling twitter all afternoon until she deleted all of her tweets and made her account private.
The context would include the message before and after. And seriously, listen to ur2k. Look at this thread

Carolina. I think a 5'6" guy dropping 22 on you hurts your "pro" career more than anything else. Hope he gets well soon and gets his chance. Excellent defensive player.

Did you see the move that KO put on him at the top of the key? Priceless!

Hilarious. We don't have a thread large enough to post all of the derogatory Tweets that Tori Valentine chick has made over the past couple years about UR. She's like a walking billboard for UR hatred. She started the #URhateweek hashtag. Give me a break.

KO left Weber and Lewis standing there guarding air several times.

When your bubble is burst you have to clutch at straws to paint yourself as a "victim" so you will feel better. The vitroil directed our way by some of their fans should be an embarrasment to their administration and coaching staff but restraint and humility are not in evidence.

I refuse to go to their board so I don't know the level of meltdown is going on over there. They haven't been over here too much whining about the results.

Originally posted by SpiderK:
KO left Weber and Lewis standing there guarding air several times.
I think Weber literally fell over at one point trying to guard K0 due to his quickness.

I guess it is too much to ask for the vcu fan base to take there beating like men. you guys whine like a bunch of school girls. I saw a bunch of posts last night about how classless our players were for celebrating when weber went down. Please. It was the under 4 timeout we had just put our boot squarely on your throats, that is why we celebrating. And on here we have an entire thread to weber with our well wishes and you post some deleted Twitter post from Nyc. Go back to your board which is probably eating its young today.

I will not state what the Lambs are saying on their board. I'll just say they are boiling mad about losing yesterday.

Come tomorrow or Tuesday we need to focus on our remaining games.

On February 25th we better be prepared to do war with these angry guys.They want revenge.

I was there and didn't see or hear anyone in the building cheer for Weber's injury. It was hard to tell if he was really hurt at first anyway. Every person in the building clapped for Weber when he got up. I was talking to VCU fans around me about losing Ced last year. I for one hate to see any of these kids get hurt. I have played sports all my life and I know how it feels. Best wishes to Weber and hope he heals quickly.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT