ADVERTISEMENT

Richmond 68 Fordham 58 - Fordham Delivers Again!

mojo-spider

Team Manager
Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010

today may have been the 1st time in the A-10 era that I walked into the Robins Center expecting the Spiders to lose to Fordham...Ha! I should have known better...but what I saw after weeks of mediocre, disappointing basketball was a team that played like they wanted to win as bad as the opponent!

anyone who saw the game in person, or on TV, saw a different Spiders game plan...instead of futilely firing up two dozen threes Richmond decided they would challenge the Bronx Rams in the paint...

it was pretty ugly in the first half as Matt Grace put the team on his shoulders, but we didn't give up on taking it to the rim...in the second half we kept it up and possessions got better and better as the half progressed...eventually Fordham caved under our stifling defense and we won, making 12 consecutive FTs down the stretch!

the highlight clips intentionally show the good, bad and ugly of it all...good takes to the rim for points or fouls, misses at the rim, turnovers and stumbles...but we never gave up on winning it in the paint...Burton, Grace, Quinn and Bigelow drove the Spiders best A-10 win of the season...we only shot 12 threes!...Ironically the highlights clips start with a three, but the only other one you'll find is Burton's to ice the game...

I'm very glad for the players...they needed this win more than we fans...hopefully it wasn't an anomaly...we saw a different style of play today that resulted in a win over a red hot A-10 team...I hope we see more of it Wednesday at GW!

Go Spiders!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT