ADVERTISEMENT

Division 1 Split

mr.spider

Team Manager
Nov 18, 2003
Will a split occur similar to fcs in football? How soon? And what would it take for UR to land in the top half?

I expect most of us can see this coming gauging off of hints in discussions here.

Will a split occur similar to fcs in football? How soon? And what would it take for UR to land in the top half?

I expect most of us can see this coming gauging off of hints in discussions here.
I think it is coming, to stay top we will need to be in BE or higher conference.

So, is it possible to align ourselves on the top side of the split? Will NIL dollars help?

Football will drive the split. It’s just a matter of how many go…just the SEC and Big 10, or can more get on the boat, either as conferences or by those two expanding even further.

Well obviously not be in the split, so how things land for us depends on how many go.

So, we'll definitely be subdivided into a lower tier, but it's still a matter of how many fall in the tier or even how many tiers there will be?

So, we'll definitely be subdivided into a lower tier, but it's still a matter of how many fall in the tier or even how many tiers there will be?
Of course not! I heard you were personally financing our next 50 years in FBS football…

Reactions: urfan1
A split will be very bad for all the smaller schools. As is, every conference gets a decent NCAA tourney check to split up. After a split, the big boys will keep the all the money from what will be the big boys tournament for themselves. In football it didn't matter as much because we weren't getting any money anyway so we didn't lose. But we will lose money on a basketball split.

If I remember correctly, football was split up based on things like the size of your stadium, attendance and strength of schedules.
I’m hoping that with out attendance and facilities, along with the A10 schedule we would be in tier one level.
Are you telling me that Dayton,VCU, and Richmond would be kicked down a level?
There are far too many small D-1 programs that would fill a 2nd tier below us. For example, most of the CAA.

The split is either a new top-end division for P5 schools as Baker has proposed, or the Big Ten and SEC break off from the NCAA entirely, likely further expanding to take some others along with them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT