ADVERTISEMENT

Richmond 82 LaSalle 65 - Spiders Discover "Small Ball" Finish Strong

mojo-spider

Team Manager
Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010

selected 2nd half amateur highlights...I was a little worried about this game despite the Spiders strong A-10 first half and the Explorers woeful record...

if you've watched college basketball for a while it's not unusual to see a good team (like UR) have a letdown after a loss to a bitter rival like VCU and compound that with having to stew on the loss for a week, breaking all of the rhythm, chemistry, connectivity or whatever adjective/adverb/noun you want to use to describe why the first half A-10 Spiders were so good...

and I think we saw some of its residue yesterday versus outmanned LaSalle, but like the first half of our A-10 schedule, the team found a way to overcome their struggles and make the plays necessary to get the win...with a big assist in the final 12 minutes from an in game adjustment to "small ball"...over the years the Spiders have not been known often for game changing in game adjustments...this one worked big time!

with Dji Bailey at the center position and expertly assisted by Bigelow, King, Hunt and Harris, Richmond recovered from the 16-0 LaSalle run to finish the Explorers with a 30-12 close out to get the important win...small ball made the offense and the defense work extremely well as UR recovered and hammered LaSalle down the stretch...it was interesting to road test and find another way to win...

I can only imagine how intense the second half of our A-10 schedule is going to be...battling Dayton, VCU and Loyola-Chicago for a top tier finish is going to make every game seem like "VCU's Super Bowl"...but this team finds ways to win and I expect we'll need to as the schedule plays out...looking forward to a great A-10 2nd half...

Go Spiders!

selected 2nd half amateur highlights...I was a little worried about this game despite the Spiders strong A-10 first half and the Explorers woeful record...

if you've watched college basketball for a while it's not unusual to see a good team (like UR) have a letdown after a loss to a bitter rival like VCU and compound that with having to stew on the loss for a week, breaking all of the rhythm, chemistry, connectivity or whatever adjective/adverb/noun you want to use to describe why the first half A-10 Spiders were so good...

and I think we saw some of its residue yesterday versus outmanned LaSalle, but like the first half of our A-10 schedule, the team found a way to overcome their struggles and make the plays necessary to get the win...with a big assist in the final 12 minutes from an in game adjustment to "small ball"...over the years the Spiders have not been known often for game changing in game adjustments...this one worked big time!

with Dji Bailey at the center position and expertly assisted by Bigelow, King, Hunt and Harris, Richmond recovered from the 16-0 LaSalle run to finish the Explorers with a 30-12 close out to get the important win...small ball made the offense and the defense work extremely well as UR recovered and hammered LaSalle down the stretch...it was interesting to road test and find another way to win...

I can only imagine how intense the second half of our A-10 schedule is going to be...battling Dayton, VCU and Loyola-Chicago for a top tier finish is going to make every game seem like "VCU's Super Bowl"...but this team finds ways to win and I expect we'll need to as the schedule plays out...looking forward to a great A-10 2nd half...

Go Spiders!
30-12 last 9:49 2nd half
28-11 last 12:58 1st half

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT