ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Rocco's Weekly Press Conference

mojo-spider

Team Manager
Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010
had a chance to watch it tonight...Coach looks like he and the staff have been working hard and long hours...must have had at least a three day beard working, or has decided on a more trendy look!

http://www.richmondspiders.com/Spor...26800&SPID=91932&SPSID=629561&DB_OEM_ID=26800

Coach still sounds confident and optimistic about the team, but acknowledges Nova is probably playing their best football of the season...

he covers a lot of interesting and entertaining ground including: Villanova the team; Villanova the game; Fisher status; Lauletta performance and bounce back; Gordon Cooper; Jacobi Green; CAA Player of the year; CAA football scheduling for the next two years;

if you've got a few extra minutes and are worried about Saturday, it might make you feel better...

Go Spiders!

who is Gordon Cooper?
Ha!...thanks for calling me out...

I think Cooper was a Gemini astronaut in the 60's...a mind is a terrible thing to waste...

I meant Gordon Collins...who may be on his way to becoming the Spider's next star running back...

Go Spiders!

Not sure that I feel better about Saturday after seeing/hearing Presser.Danny looks like he has been working some OT in prep of Nova game by his hirsute condition.At one point there was concern for next years schedule which the CAA just released.Danny seemed concerned but it's of no relevance to Nova.Danny's forte is defense so gotta figure he has been working especially with Bob Trott and other coaches on that side of the ball.Hopefully,we have a NEW charter company signed up for our ride to Philly.That should help as much as blocking and tackling.Our loss to UNH was very preventable.We handed them the game with our excessive turnovers.Nova is a better team than UNH.This game is turning into a must game for the Spiders and I feel Danny et al on the team know this.

Last edited:
Not sure that I feel better about Saturday after seeing/hearing Presser.Danny looks like he has been working some OT in prep of Nova game by his hirsute condition.At one point there was concern for next years schedule which the CAA just released.Danny seemed concerned but it's of no relevance to Nova.Danny's forte is defense so gotta figure he has been working especially with Bob Trott and other coaches on that side of the ball.Hopefully,we have a NEW charter company signed up for our ride to Philly.That should help as much as blocking and tackling.Our loss to UNH was very preventable.We handed them the game with our excessive turnovers.Nova is a better team than UNH.This game is turning into a must game for the Spiders and I feel Danny et al on the team know this.

Hey 32counter, I saw you mentioned the CAA schedule for 2016 had been released. Do you happen to know the home dates for the Spiders? I am planning a wedding and trying to secure Canon Chapel but couldn't do so until the schedule had been released. Any information you may have would be greatly appreciated.

If you take a look at Lauletta's last two games, his real trouble came during the second half against Albany and the first half against UNH. It was essentially like one bad game. And his second half against UNH was much better than his previous two halves of football. Hopefully that one game of bad mistakes, is in the rear view mirror. Learn from the mistakes, and move forward.

We will need a huge game from then O line. We need to be able to run the ball to put Kyle in down and distance situations where he can be successful.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT