ADVERTISEMENT

2023 Richmond Spiders Football - Opponent's Countdown - W&M

Thanks for the updates, being out of town, and trying to follow the game via spiders social media - they do a terrible job following the game (not surprising).

Reactions: urfan1
That one was worth the drive over! Great Spider crowd as usual, and even though the refs tried to screw us a few times at the end, a win is a win. Gotta hand it to this team and coaching staff...I didn't see this turnaround coming, but they did it and should be congratulated for it. Fingers crossed it was enough for a playoff bid.

Last edited:
Driving home, our announcers believe we're in. said game would be at 2pm sat at the brickhouse. watch party sunday 12 noon jepson alumni center; players and fans all invited.

Last edited:
That one was worth the drive over! Great Spider crowd as usual, and even though the refs tried to screw us a few times at the end, a win is a win. Gotta hand it to this team and coaching staff...I didn't see this turnaround coming, but they did it and should be congratulated for it. Fingers crossed it was enough for a playoff bid.
Two teams playing their hearts out. We were the grind you out and Tribe big plays and chunks. We rarely blitzesd and W&M primarily focused on one receiver. Not our best tackling but bend but not break mentality. OL did great job against a good front seven.

Huge salute to the team!!! In or out, played like Champs down the stretch. Made us all proud to be Spiders.

BTW: Suspect will see you next Saturday at the Brickhouse.

Gotch your back. Go Spiders!

Any chance Delaware gets left out of playoffs? Lose 2 out of last 3; lise big to rival in last game for chance at conference title
Albany, Villanova and UR all have a minimum of 6 game winning streak.

Reactions: URTOM68 and urfan1
Possible that there should be but they've been a top-10 team all year, so it would be really unusual. Plus we didn't play anything of three other top-3 CAA teams and I think it would be a stretch to take us over Delaware given that.

What a day! Beautiful weather and a great group of Spider Fans turned out and were loud and proud. Team played with emotion all day and the stands were packed in red and all cheered together. Great gesture by the players to get that Capital Cup and bring it right over to celebrate with the fans. Proud as always to be a Spider but so excited for this group to get a championship and win out on a six game streak after many had given up on them after week 5. Never say never or zero probability. Great job by the players and coaches to stick together and get this championship. I certainly don't think this run is over yet!

Here are some of the highlights of statements made by the William and Mary fan base. What were they expecting? Did they think we would roll over and quit?
The comments below each quote are just those of a typical Spider fan.

"Fitting end to a massively disappointing season."
UR only influenced one small part of their season. They were really anticipating this game.

"Love being aggressive and going for 2 but then to end up with a completely broken play for the conversion is maddening."
Our defense had something to say about their play calling.

"At least there is a bright side. At least we will not spend all night crying in our left over purple streamers!! Go Appy State!!"
It was a great day for Spider football.

"London apparently doesn't know that you generally don't burn your first timeout when the offense just got 6 on first down."
He's been there for 5 years. They should know this by now.

I like playing for the win but since London did it i think it was a terrible coaching decision. I have to be consistent.
See comments above about Mike London.

"When UR went up by 10, the UR fans were being jerks"
They sure got their feelings hurt.

"Darius Wilson was way too slow making his reads. I saw open Tribe receivers on practically every play that Wilson wound up tucking it and running for 2 yard."
Umm... that's coaching.

wish Richmond twitter would post the 2 pt conversion play. Expected that & seems like a consequantial play to highlight.

But I expect Mojo will come thru for us!

wish Richmond twitter would post the 2 pt conversion play. Expected that & seems like a consequantial play to highlight.

But I expect Mojo will come thru for us!
Killer I gave it my best try, but my amateur equipment is not sophisticated enough to deal with the sun at Cary Field...I got almost nothing usable from that end of the field in the 2nd half... :D

it is a mystery how even the FloSports highlights left out the two point stop! They include the Tribe TD and then transitioned to the ref announcing the declined holding on the final play and ball game over!!!

Go Spiders!

RTD 9/24

“…The Tribe’s offensive leader, tailback Bronson Yoder, needed to be taken off Zable Stadium’s field in an ambulance Saturday following a fourth-quarter run. London described the injury as an “upper-body issue.” The availability of Yoder, a captain who gained 408 yards with four touchdowns in four games, would seem to be very much in doubt for at minimum a few games, though W&M has not updated his status...”

• Wow
Reactions: mojo-spider
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT