ADVERTISEMENT

Chris Manon - Cornell Transfer - Visit 3/28

Make it unique to Richmond, not an off-the-shelf template from the same company running NILs for a bunch of other mid-majors.

Seton Hall is engaging supporters by advertising perks and opportunities...merch, events, newsletters, etc. Ours is just completely generic.

But I assume we're more or less stuck since this is the what the company running ours provides.

SF,
Unfortunately the uniqueness of our Athletic Dept. Is the lack of everything, publicly, promotions, interaction with alums, making alums of the different sports be part of the continuing sports, you know basically nothing. That’s the uniqueness.

SF,
Unfortunately the uniqueness of our Athletic Dept. Is the lack of everything, publicly, promotions, interaction with alums, making alums of the different sports be part of the continuing sports, you know basically nothing. That’s the uniqueness.
That is complete BS. We have the highest attendance in basketball of any school our size. Also, we probably have one of the most active involvement of basketball alums of any mid-major in the country.

That is complete BS. We have the highest attendance in basketball of any school our size. Also, we probably have one of the most active involvement of basketball alums of any mid-major in the country.
If I accept your bulveristic response as factual, should you perhaps have prefaced your answer after your first sentence with “Despite the lack of effort by our Athletic Department….”?

Reactions: whampas
If I accept your bulveristic response as factual, should you perhaps have prefaced your answer after your first sentence with “Despite the lack of effort by our Athletic Department….”?
You could not be more wrong, going to U of R basketball games is extremely enjoyable and much better than a vast majority of other mid-major schools. Don't you watch our in conference away basketball games on TV? It is shocking how bad some of their gyms and atmospheres are at other schools.

You could not be more wrong, going to U of R basketball games is extremely enjoyable and much better than a vast majority of other mid-major schools. Don't you watch our in conference away basketball games on TV? It is shocking how bad some of their gyms and atmospheres are at other schools.
It's sweet compared to Costco, that's for sure.

Agree with most of what you say, but somehow we only win slightly over 50% of the time despite the crappy facilities and support for our opponents. Got an explanation?

Saying we win 'slightly over 50% of the time is just not accurate, but it does keep up with the negative talk on here. We are 57-33 in the A-10 and 100- 57 overall the last 5 seasons. That seems higher than "slightly over 50% to me. But, I'm sure you will say, but what about overall.......as if 15 to 20 years ago is really relevant to what UR80 was saying. But, if you want yo do that, Mooney is 27 games over .500 IC and 80 games over. 500 OOC here. That also is way better than "slightly over 50%.

You see, 5 years ago, your post would have been a little more accurate because our numbers under Mooney would have been much closer to .500 than they are now. But, the problem with your post is we are now in 2024, not 2019, and no matter how hard you and others try to ignore or downplay all the wins and success we have had the past 5 seasons, those wins and A-10 titles did happen.

I'm not sure how 5 years ago is relevant to current performance, same as your claim that 15-20 years ago is not relevant. None of the players from 5 years ago are still here. Maybe you can use that as your baseline going forward - teams that have players going back to a certain year. You can gauge the team's success for current roster in a range, as long as there are still players from a past season. Otherwise you're just making up your own criteria as a range and it means nothing. Why 5 years and not 6? Why not 9? Round numbers or random 5 year intervals are useless IMO. Current roster success is important, as is continuity of success.

Meantime, the coach is still here, which is why people use his full resume as UR's coach for evaluation purposes of his success. That range of time is logical.

Reactions: SpiderGuy
I'm not sure how 5 years ago is relevant to current performance, same as your claim that 15-20 years ago is not relevant. None of the players from 5 years ago are still here. Maybe you can use that as your baseline going forward - teams that have players going back to a certain year. You can gauge the team's success for current roster in a range, as long as there are still players from a past season. Otherwise you're just making up your own criteria as a range and it means nothing. Why 5 years and not 6? Why not 9? Round numbers or random 5 year intervals are useless IMO. Current roster success is important, as is continuity of success.

Meantime, the coach is still here, which is why people use his full resume as UR's coach for evaluation purposes of his success. That range of time is logical.
I used 5 years to make my point. Showing we have 100 wins the last 5 year is a good counter to a current statement saying "we win 'slightly over 50% of the time ". If you want me to be more current, I can mention 15-3 IC and 23-10 overall this past season. Why didn't I use 6 you asked? Why should I? If you are trying to tell someone a guy is good scorer, and his last 6 games he scored 10,20,20,20,20 and 20 points, would you say he has scored 110 points in his last 6 games, or 100 in his last 5? I disagree that going back 5 years is useless when countering the "we win slightly over 50% of the time" comment. I think the farther back you go there to counter that statement, the stronger your point is. But, whatever, if you want to join the other poster and say we win slightly over 50% of the time, go for it.

Numbers can say whatever any particular side wants them to say, as we all know. It is true that in recent years, we have generally been winning at a pretty nice clip. It is also true that for many years before that, we were not doing so nearly to the same degree. We've had two great seasons in the past three, but we also had a losing season last year. Anyone can take from all of that whatever they want to.

Blue Chip Sports reporting Manon will announce his commitment to Seton Hall.
went to a Seton Hall board looking for Manon updates. saw some reactions to the Blue Chips Sports tweet:

Halldan1

The above is not correct. The Pirates really like where they stand. But he is taking his next visit to Vanderbilt.
Then a likely decision will be forthcoming.

... Trust me, my info is solid.
---------------------------------------------------

Halldan1

... I know from those in contact with BlueChip Sports more than probably anyone else on the board.
VERY STRONG lean but he has not committed yet and is now at Vanderbilt.

We'll know exact details next week.

Gohall129

Trilly says we’re out on Manon

Halldan1

Trilly says we’re out on Manon
That would really surprise me. I'll see what I can find out tomorrow. SHU was a STRONG favorite but not a lock from what I was being told.

Reactions: Eight Legger
not that Vanderbilt is the biggest concern with Manon, but they just landed another transfer.
PF Devin McGlockton (BC).

in the past week they also landed PG Jason Edwards (North Texas), SG Grant Huffman (Davidson), SG MJ Collins (VaTech), and SF Tyler Nickel (VaTech).

they were starting from almost scratch, with 2 returning scholarship players on the roster (plus 4 walk ons) and 3 incoming freshmen.

I used 5 years to make my point. Showing we have 100 wins the last 5 year is a good counter to a current statement saying "we win 'slightly over 50% of the time ". If you want me to be more current, I can mention 15-3 IC and 23-10 overall this past season. Why didn't I use 6 you asked? Why should I? If you are trying to tell someone a guy is good scorer, and his last 6 games he scored 10,20,20,20,20 and 20 points, would you say he has scored 110 points in his last 6 games, or 100 in his last 5? I disagree that going back 5 years is useless when countering the "we win slightly over 50% of the time" comment. I think the farther back you go there to counter that statement, the stronger your point is. But, whatever, if you want to join the other poster and say we win slightly over 50% of the time, go for it.
The only stat that matters is 3 for 19. 1 NCAA in the nearly 15 years since Anderson left. That is a terrible track record.

This kind of proves my point.

Why is your data set of 5 years acceptable to prove your point and others larger data sets to prove their points, not acceptable?

BTW, I don't care one way or the other, was just trying to be logical about it to see if there was a middle ground that makes sense to think about what shows the program's performance both long and short term. But man, your last sentence makes it hard to respond neutrally.

he's just saying that recently we've been winning at a pretty good rate.
64% if you look at the last 5 years.
70% if you just look at last year.
yes, only 1 dance and 2 NITs in the last 5 years.
we want to do better.

newsflash ... we're not firing CM this offseason. so back to Chris Manon in the Chris Manon thread!

sure, I understand. it's pretty simple.

others say that overall we haven't historically won at that rate, and even 2 years ago had a losing season.

both are correct. both get very overexcited trying to prove their points, was just trying to help by re-framing the discussion in a way that seems logical to me.

As for Manon, he had pen in hand to sign with Seton Hall until I got to S. Orange on Friday. :)

I do like the trending as of late, hope it continues and we do even better.

Saying we win 'slightly over 50% of the time is just not accurate, but it does keep up with the negative talk on here. We are 57-33 in the A-10 and 100- 57 overall the last 5 seasons. That seems higher than "slightly over 50% to me. But, I'm sure you will say, but what about overall.......as if 15 to 20 years ago is really relevant to what UR80 was saying. But, if you want yo do that, Mooney is 27 games over .500 IC and 80 games over. 500 OOC here. That also is way better than "slightly over 50%.

You see, 5 years ago, your post would have been a little more accurate because our numbers under Mooney would have been much closer to .500 than they are now. But, the problem with your post is we are now in 2024, not 2019, and no matter how hard you and others try to ignore or downplay all the wins and success we have had the past 5 seasons, those wins and A-10 titles did happen.
So I get your point and recency matters for sure. But why can’t we just have an objective reading of CMs record? I mean, it is what it is.

I think your argument has more weight if you state that “it’s been strong for the past XX years.” Otherwise you’re just selectively sampling which is antithetical to statistics.

So I get your point and recency matters for sure. But why can’t we just have an objective reading of CMs record? I mean, it is what it is.

I think your argument has more weight if you state that “it’s been strong for the past XX years.” Otherwise you’re just selectively sampling which is antithetical to statistics.
?????? That's exactly what I did. I showed it's been strong for the last XX (5) years. I also (objectively) mentioned the 50% comment would have been better suited 5 years ago. And, I also mentioned Mooney is not "slightly over 50%" for his career here. In other words, I was far away from "selectively sampling" there.

Last edited:
Tony Bennett last 5 years must have really sucked. & definitely don’t go back 6.
Well, coming off a natty, I would think most UVA fans would have wanted at least one dance win the past 5 years. But, the good news for UVA fans is Bennett has (finally!) talked about making changes to his offensive system. Time will tell.

Well, coming off a natty, I would think most UVA fans would have wanted at least one dance win the past 5 years. But, the good news for UVA fans is Bennett has (finally!) talked about making changes to his offensive system. Time will tell.

1, 1, 2 and 3 were also their ACC finishes in 4 out of those last 5 years. At UVA. But yes, I'm sure they wanted a ncaa win & more in there too. Tho remember u r adamantly calling for his firing.

Don't UR fans want more than 3 NCAA appearances in 19 years and better than 9-25 vs. archrival VCU? I mean if our last 5 years have been so good idk how those stats r so bad.

Fire Bennett Extend Mooney!

Whatever G. You speak like all 362 schools are exactly alike. Haven't we been back and forth on this a hundred times already? Yet, you chose to barge in and make the Bennett comment again above? But, don't forget everyone......I am the one that starts the back and forth, right????

Whatever G. You speak like all 362 schools are exactly alike. Haven't we been back and forth on this a hundred times already? Yet, you chose to barge in and make the Bennett comment again above? But, don't forget everyone......I am the one that starts the back and forth, right????

I don't speak like that. 100% agree all 362 r not alike. But Bennett success at UVA relative to Mooney success at UR, while considering any unlike factors, is a lot better. Which is why I find Fire Bennett Extend Mooney from u so funny.

also idk if u can barge in on an all star barger.

Was doubtful, but was still holding out hope. Oh well, next man up!

back to Chris Manon please !!!

@Halldan1
  • Today at 6:16 PM
    I have stuff I can't share now which is why I said "that would really surprise me"

I do not have access to Trilly's paysite but someone just told me he changed his SHU is out to it's now SHU and Richmond.
    ---------------------------------

Hey sman tell us what HallDan & his freezing cold takes says next!

• Haha
Reactions: spiderman
lol, Halldan1 really has his finger on the pulse!
You just have to read it right.

“I do not have access to Trilly's paysite but someone just told me he changed his SHU is out to it's now SHU and Richmond. (are out)”

• Haha
Reactions: spiderman
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT