ADVERTISEMENT

A-10 Roster Turnover

I think he decommitted from LaSalle end of last month. Syracuse offered next day. I think Georgetown had interest but no offer.

Maybe he wasn't good enough to be offered by Syracuse last summer. But beating out Syracuse head to head for a recruit even this time of year, is a very good accomplishment.

Reactions: spider23
Bonnie just signed a 4 star center who had offers from Syracuse and Georgetown. Schmidt is cashing in on this NCAA tournament bid.

The guy is nowhere near a 4*. He is actually unranked on every recruiting service, he's not even listed at all on rivals. He could be good, he is described as raw and full of potential, but my guess he more likely to be a Friendshuh level player than a Golden. He would have never seen the floor at Syracuse, they are just struggling to fill that last roster spot right now on and looking for 'project' with 'potential', aka an unranked 6'10 player. Very smart of him to dodge that offer, he has a chance for playing time at St. Bonaventure.

There are actually a lot of much better centers entering the A10 next year:

Carte'Are Gordon,
Jermaine Harris,
Dylan Swingle,
Marcus Littles,
Gavin Bizeau

If you want to complain about Mooney's poor recruiting, these are much better examples of good center talent being brought in by A10 teams.

Last edited:
I don't think it's surprising that the three bids to the NCAA from the A10 all had 4 or more seniors. To develop midmajor recruits you have to develop them and to do that you have to keep them.

With Julius Johnson coming in this fall, not sure how much time Buckingham would get.

15 Ulla1, Apr 6, 2015

My goodness, is this what this board has become? Going back 3 years and finding a post where someone's opinion of something might have been off? Shoot, we can probably find about 100 posts on here just like his only using this month. And, that being said, at least JJ is still here.

Last edited by a moderator:
NO, IT IS MUCH WORSE. We have a small segment of the board that believe Mooney is the second coming of John Wooden and defend and rationalize all his shortcomings. That is what spidernation has become.

Some of us defend Mooney and some on here attack him. A good message board is one with differing opinions. It would be pretty boring if all on here shared the same opinion, but it seems many of the ones who attack Mooney want and expect everyone else to share that stance, and not only that, but get mad, really really mad at those that don't. Strange.

Reactions: SpiderDaMan
Some of us defend Mooney and some on here attack him. A good message board is one with differing opinions. It would be pretty boring if all on here shared the same opinion, but it seems many of the ones who attack Mooney want and expect everyone else to share that stance, and not only that, but get mad, really really mad at those that don't. Strange.
U mad bro?

Next year: George Mason, St.Louis, St.Joseph's and Davidson will be the teams to beat. Duquesne and Lasalle should be more competitive next year

Duquesne has practically a new roster coming in next year. La Salle also loses BJ Johnson and Pookie Powell. I think Duquesne our performerd their ability his pst year. Both will likely be bottom half of the league in my opinion

League's going to look a lot different for 2018 for sure. Bye bye Rhodie forever. Nuclear winter there. Bye bye Bonnies powerhouse (not for long). Bye bye Davidson for a year or two. Bye bye whatever was left of GW. GMU looking pretty strong. SLU looking strong. VCU looking strong. UR looking like potential top 4. It's wide open and it's going to be fun. Which team will be the surprise? I'm calling Joe's. .

Yeah, I'm not seeing the Davidson thing. They have Grady on the floor, McKillop on the sidelines, and NOTHING else. Those two are good for some wins, but they ain't going to be at the top of the league this year.

Yeah, I'm not seeing the Davidson thing. They have Grady on the floor, McKillop on the sidelines, and NOTHING else. Those two are good for some wins, but they ain't going to be at the top of the league this year.
Nope, but give McKillop a year and he'll have them back. That's what he does and he does it as well as any coach in D1. the A10 is fortunate to have Davidson.

I will probably be wrong on this, but the way Grady played down the stretch - he could be a freaking monster next year. Not Steph, but the player of the year type that makes you play 5 vs 4.5 on the court. I was shocked he did not have the ACC all over him coming out of prep school. Just like I was shocked that after the mistake many made with Steph, they did not go after his brother more and let him slide to Liberty. I was stupefied we did not go hard after Seth. Maybe we did and this is the genius of Mooney getting his butt handed to him by Liberty. DUMB, DUMB, DUMB.

We should start a new thread with a title like:

"Predictions for A-10 standings for 2018-2019." It sounds like several A-10 teams have taken a big hit, and our loss of two starters may be "minor" losses compared to other teams. At least we do have three players who could realistically vie for A-10 POY, in Jake, Grant and Nick!
Anyway, since it will likely be a slow summer, a thread about the entire A-10 sounds promising!

If you have to tell everyone how great you are then you aren't that great.

It that a law, a rule, or a regulation?
It sounds like an elementary school "put down" to me, totally devoid of logic yet falsely appearing axiomatic.
But what do I know? Rebutting argument through facts always wins my favor.

I might also add that in keeping with what Fan1 and 05 have emphasized here numerous times, attacks on persons rather than their positions are or should be verboten on this board.* It would serve you better to present your facts rather than attack 97 who was merely defending his credibility which was under attack (by a known Pollyanna)...with facts yet unrefuted.
I take it you may disagree, in which case you would be wrong.
If you think that I am mistaken, please set me straight, you dirtball.**

*This does not apply to the "Off Topics" board where there are no holds barred.
** Just kidding. Though I may disagree, I respect most all of your comments and posts and
I consider you a valuable addition to this board.

I thought awhile back that I saw no Stockard at SBU next year. But when I scour the message boards and general internet now, the first post here is the only place I see that mentioned. Is his status certain? Was it ever uncertain in the last 7 weeks?

Or am I just imagining things? ...again...

I thought awhile back that I saw no Stockard at SBU next year. But when I scour the message boards and general internet now, the first post here is the only place I see that mentioned. Is his status certain? Was it ever uncertain in the last 7 weeks?

Or am I just imagining things? ...again...

They don't know if hr will be back yet. If not the Bonnies are going to be really bad.

If someone is going to imply as Plydog that I am the Skip Bayless of this board and am always wrong on my recruitment analysis of players we get or don't get, that is not true and if he'd been around here longer than 3 months, he would know that.

If someone is going to imply as Plydog that I am the Skip Bayless of this board and am always wrong on my recruitment analysis of players we get or don't get, that is not true and if he'd been around here longer than 3 months, he would know that.

It is plydogg not plydog just FYI

Perhaps K, but the Lauletta, noodle arm comment, a few years back will live in infamy. :)
I know I know!!!! Geez, if I could only take it back. He threw two out patterns that spring practice game day and one got picked off and the other deflected. He was just waiting too long to throw. I loved that kid for 3 years. I made a big mistake. I own it though.

Reactions: 97spiderfan
VCU was the only A10 team on this list, bringing in Evans to follow Rhoades up the road. I think Rhoades is very proud how he started to build something at Rice, then trashed the roster on the way out. Nice job guy.

Sounds like Evans is an athletic pg that can shoot the heck out of the ball.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...how-college-basketball-free-agency-shaping-up
Hey, he was leaving and the kids knew that the good ride was over. Of course they bolted, especially with a shot at playing for a successful program. This always happens when coaches move on. Trying to talk him down because he managed to take a guy that might very well go A10 POY before he graduates is a smart thing to do. Nothing wrong with it except for a bunch of butt hurt left over.

Hey, he was leaving and the kids knew that the good ride was over. Of course they bolted, especially with a shot at playing for a successful program. This always happens when coaches move on. Trying to talk him down because he managed to take a guy that might very well go A10 POY before he graduates is a smart thing to do. Nothing wrong with it except for a bunch of butt hurt left over.

Why do you have spider in your username?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT