ADVERTISEMENT

2024–25 schedule

NCAA made this mess, they need to fix it. But they are to afraid of the P5 so we have what we have.
Especially with the stupid NET....there is no incentive at all for power teams to play a team like us. A team with a NET of 76-160 would be a Q3 loss at home. Obviously, a power team would rather play a team that is more likely a 160 team, or even a cupcake Q4 team than a 75-100 NET type team.

Last edited:
Reactions: urfan1
Especially with the stupid NET....there is no incentive at all for power teams to play a team like us. A team with a NET of 76-160 would be a Q3 loss at home. Obviously, a power team would rather play a team that is more likely a 160 team, or even a cupcake Q4 team than a 75-100 NET type team.
I used to think the P5 would break off so they could make their own rules, but since the NCAA has caved to them I believe the other 300 may break off to restore some fairness.

I say we go 13-0 OOC and when we finish with around 27 or 28 wins and are only on the bubble, call out all the power teams by name who would not play us when being interviewed about our dance chances.
Call’em out now so we can hex them.

I used to think the P5 would break off so they could make their own rules, but since the NCAA has caved to them I believe the other 300 may break off to restore some fairness.

Why choose the 1aa football model?

I say we go 13-0 OOC and when we finish with around 27 or 28 wins and are only on the bubble, call out all the power teams by name who would not play us when being interviewed about our dance chances.
This.

If we do happen to be on the bubble with a lot of wins and not much SOS, the move is a proactive media blitz to preempt the Jay Bilases of the world that say "they didn't play anyone." Go hard with "we called Duke on June 3rd. They declined a true home game. We called Wake in April, May, June, and July. They didn't return our call. We called Georgetown, Syracuse, UNC, Miami, Florida State, Georgia Tech, Vanderbilt, Villanova, Providence, Purdue, etc. They declined."

Assuming this is true, of course.

And also, this won't happen even if it should.

Who knows? Maybe it will happen. I think if you win a ton of games and don't get in, u have every right to share that info.

Reactions: urfan1
Who knows? Maybe it will happen. I think if you win a ton of games and don't get in, u have every right to share that info.

A weak ooc is what even knocks out majors on the bubble. A mid major got no shot. But have to advocate for yourself so u try anything including that in this hypothetical. I think the response would be well why do virtually all the other teams in your league have those games.

All those teams didn't check their answering machine before they filled out their schedules, even though the red light was flashing for days. Maybe the little tape was full.

*variation on the analog / fax machine/paper, printer/ink joke first posted by GKiller. Feels like this will be my theme for 24-25

I'd love to see us do that but of course Mooney would never rock the boat like that, so it would have to be Hardt. And it's not the Richmond way to be controversial or risk burning bridges, unfortunately, even if it's necessary in standing up for ourselves.

Reactions: 8legs1dream
All those teams didn't check their answering machine before they filled out their schedules, even though the red light was flashing for days. Maybe the little tape was full.

*variation on the analog / fax machine/paper, printer/ink joke first posted by GKiller. Feels like this will be my theme for 24-25

You really gotta love the proper source citation/attribution used on our boards, proud of you guys 😆

Because that's not Mooney's style.
I agree that's not his style, and I can appreciate and respect that. But, I would definitely understand if he, Hardt or both decided to call teams out. I know it is unlikely, and also winning 27 or whatever games to get to this point is probably unlikely too, but I hope we get to that level or at least close enough where it will matter.

I always say we want to go at least 14-4 A-10, pretty much regardless of what happens OOC, so add that to a 13-0 OOC and we are sitting at 27-4 going into the A-10 tourney. Sucks, but with the schedule, we probably need to do that to have a chance.

Plenty of other A-10 teams schedules suck as well....maybe a few of them can speak up as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: kneepadmckinney
Odds on the eagerly anticipated and long awaited OOC schedule to be announced today?
Possibly. I guess because the remaining games are probably no better than the already announced ones, they will announce all the others when they announce the full schedule. We certainly don't need to hear an isolated "Spiders add Coppin St" to the schedule today.

Reactions: gospidersgo
This.

If we do happen to be on the bubble with a lot of wins and not much SOS, the move is a proactive media blitz to preempt the Jay Bilases of the world that say "they didn't play anyone." Go hard with "we called Duke on June 3rd. They declined a true home game. We called Wake in April, May, June, and July. They didn't return our call. We called Georgetown, Syracuse, UNC, Miami, Florida State, Georgia Tech, Vanderbilt, Villanova, Providence, Purdue, etc. They declined."

Assuming this is true, of course.

And also, this won't happen even if it should.
if we called everyone, then we have a case. if we thought we were good with 2 tough games pencilled in (later cancelled) and stopped calling high majors, then we don't.

Possibly. I guess because the remaining games are probably no better than the already announced ones, they will announce all the others when they announce the full schedule. We certainly don't need to hear an isolated "Spiders add Coppin St" to the schedule today.

Yeah they could do that & wait with the A10 coming out soon, & try to hide the embarrassing ooc within the full schedule.

Tho I thought I read the opposite from u & others on here…we needed to announce or leak any known games for the amazing season ticket sales!

Reactions: Spiders4ever
Maybe it's a good sign we didn't release the schedule before Labor Day? Maybe we're still trying to salvage the schedule. Which other teams still don't have a full schedule?

Maybe it's a good sign we didn't release the schedule before Labor Day? Maybe we're still trying to salvage the schedule. Which other teams still don't have a full schedule?
I sure do hope so. Just having 2 power teams, any 2, show up would make it a lot more respectable.

Reactions: Eight Legger
Roughly half of the teams have officially released their schedules. Many others seem to be full or close to it based on leaks and piecemeal news.

Here's my updated list of P5s that appear to have slots left:

Arkansas (1)
Auburn (1)
Baylor (1)
NC State (1)
Oklahoma (1)
Oregon (2)
UConn (1)
USC (3)
Vanderbilt (1)

Reactions: VT4700
hmmm so Auburn has a slot........
Tell Moon to get on the phone with his ol A10 bud Hurley. REMEMBER: They had apparently collabed to do a game during the Covid impacted season.
I will try to reach out to the muss buss and see if the Trojans are on board.

Roughly half of the teams have officially released their schedules. Many others seem to be full or close to it based on leaks and piecemeal news.

Here's my updated list of P5s that appear to have slots left:

Arkansas (1)
Auburn (1)
Baylor (1)
NC State (1)
Oklahoma (1)
Oregon (2)
UConn (1)
USC (3)
Vanderbilt (1)
Ok. Let's grab Uconn & NC State. Is Auburn out now?

Might as well play them three times while we're out there for max value.
Interesting idea - has this been done before? I would not do it for 3 games, but I could see a 2 game scenario. Travel and play a good team and play them twice. At the end of the day, the NET doesn't care or know you played same team twice, it just cares about the numbers. Play 1 day, take day off, play again.

Last edited:
Here we go! Auburn is on there, as are Maine and D-OII Mount Olive. No opponents for the MTE yet.

Classic? Not Showcase?

If so we missed it and it was a different location…and sport…

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT