ADVERTISEMENT

2024–25 schedule

Based on reading about that, it never seemed in danger to me, more just the ncaa warning them not to launder money to the players via a circuitous route, through the collectives. No idea what the collectives will use all that money for if not paying players but I’m sure somebody’s getting paid. I am sure people involved in some collectives will be going to jail at some point in the future for tax evasion, fraud and laundering for whatever they’re doing. No knowledge of anything, except human behavior when money is involved.

Just for fun, I've put together a list of P5 teams that still have openings in their OOC schedules. Pulled this from multiple sources that don't always match up 100%, so this may not be perfect, but it's close. The list is not huge.

Arkansas (1)
Auburn (1)
Baylor (1)
Florida State (1)
Mississippi State (1)

NC State (2 1)
Oklahoma (1)
Oklahoma State (1)
Oregon (2)
Penn State (1)
UConn (1)
USC (3)
Vanderbilt (1)

Last edited:
Just for fun, I've put together a list of P5 teams that still have openings in their OOC schedules. Pulled this from multiple sources that don't always match up 100%, so this may not be perfect, but it's close. The list is not huge.

Arkansas (1)
Auburn (1)
Baylor (1)
Florida State (1)
Mississippi State (1)
NC State (2)
Oklahoma (1)
Oklahoma State (1)
Oregon (2)
Penn State (1)
UConn (1)
USC (3)
Vanderbilt (2)
can you forward this to Peter Thomas?

Arkansas (1)
Auburn (1)
Baylor (1)
Florida State (1)
Mississippi State (1)
NC State (2)
Oklahoma (1)
Oklahoma State (1)
Oregon (2)
Penn State (1)
UConn (1)
USC (3)
Vanderbilt (2)
Also Mooney is like BFF's with Mike Rhoades so maybe call him and see if we can get Penn State on the schedule. That would be a good game for us that we have a strong chance of winning. Pair it up with our game at Bucknell and we the team can just stay in Central PA for a few days.

Reactions: Section9.RowD

Arkansas (1)
Auburn (1)
Baylor (1)
Florida State (1)
Mississippi State (1)
NC State (2)
Oklahoma (1)
Oklahoma State (1)
Oregon (2)
Penn State (1)
UConn (1)
USC (3)
Vanderbilt (2)
Ok.

So I suspect we are hosting an MTE with USC, PSU, NCSU….

Also Mooney is like BFF's with Mike Rhoades so maybe call him and see if we can get Penn State on the schedule. That would be a good game for us that we have a strong chance of winning. Pair it up with our game at Bucknell and we the team can just stay in Central PA for a few days.
ooh that would make VCU nation mad .. love it

Reactions: 8legs1dream
Whatever we were paying Lunardi, I feel confident I can offer a lower bid.

Arkansas (1)
Auburn (1)
Baylor (1)
Florida State (1)
Mississippi State (1)
NC State (2)
Oklahoma (1)
Oklahoma State (1)
Oregon (2)
Penn State (1)
UConn (1)
USC (3)
Vanderbilt (2)
Excellent research. So, let's go play at Oklahoma, take a 90 minute bus ride to Okla St., and then play them 2 days later.

John Hardt on Bob's show right now...we'll see if he has any insight about the schedule or if he is clueless too.

So you can quote a mid 1980s song but never heard the expression about a watched pot? I’m sort of baffled.

I hope we're all a little better at 80s music than 18th century proverbs related to cooking. also not any song, a classic paul simon.

Hardt claims we thought we had two contracts set and then they didn't come in, so those two games are now not happening but says the schedule will be announced in a few more days. "It's definitely been much more difficult to find the right opponents."

Says there are basically no P4 games to be had.

My translation: We are not playing Auburn.

Last edited:
Hardt claims we thought we had two contracts set and then they didn't come in, so those two games are now not happening but says the schedule will be announced in a few more days. "It's definitely been much more difficult to find the right opponents."

Thanks for update. & that's ok re: P4, that just means we have ton of Big East games!...right?

Also, yeah hard to get those games NOW, but plenty of other teams at our level are playing them.

Oh lord this could be bad. Goodbye Auburn? Always good to rely on unsigned contracts.

Bob says he's antsy about the schedule and says it's "maybe not the same type of sparkling schedule that you'd hope for."

• Sad
Reactions: gospidersgo
I was thinking the same thing, let's cut in line and get the home game with Penn State before they do ha!
I should have played dealmaker at my kid's high school post-grad luncheon when I had the chance to chat with Mike, especially since his daughter was also graduating. Definitely a missed opportunity

Reactions: 8legs1dream

ugh - don't treat us like this Chuck.

my translation: if you're not impressed with the 6 games we know about, it's only going downhill from there.

The bad news is that we didn't get the games we wanted. The good news is that if we go 19-0 in our 13 OOC games, we have a shot at an at-large bid.

guess that Giper clone you ran into at 7 Eleven really WAS Kenneth from 30 Rock.

30 Rock What GIF

Brownstone I'd say we're at DEFCON 0 except I think DEFCON 1 is already nuclear war.
Defcon 0 is post apocalyptic zombies that are off the Geiger counter scale…

Or in other words, when at VMI charges us $400k…

Last edited:
Reactions: plydogg
The bad news is that we didn't get the games we wanted. The good news is that if we go 19-0 in our 13 OOC games, we have a shot at an at-large bid.
All we can do is win. Hate to count on other teams and not us, but maybe some other A-10 teams can win some key OOC games and have the conference looking good as we get into conference play. Then, we get some good wins IC, finish at or near the top of the standings ( which we would have to do anyway to get an at large), and see what happens. No doubt it stinks, and the at large chances might look slim at this point, but all we can do is win a heck of a lot of games and see where that gets us at the end.

Wish we had the 20 game IC schedule I want. Maybe we could play a 2nd game against Dayton, St Joe's, or Loyola....or another team that might end up top 75, which would be a Q1 win on the road. Wouldn't surprise me, with all the terrible looking A-10 schedules out there, if they decide to go with 20 IC games in the next year or two.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT