ADVERTISEMENT

2023-2024 Opponent Tracker

St. Mary's ended up winning at number 13 CSU.
The Gael's were off to a slow start and guess what, the announcers talked about hoe Colorado and everyone just knew that St. Mary's was treating this as an all in, must win game. At no. 13. That is coaching and that is attitude/culture. I bet if you watch Utah State you see similar, in year 1 of a complete rebuild/ change of coach. Expectations and culture. We expect to lose to Colorado, Florida, hell even Boston freaking College.

And wow, watching CSU / St. MARYS these teams play with a different speed and physicality. Niko Medved can coach.
Agree. Though Colorado State lost this one at home, I like their team and their coach. Saw them beat Colorado. They look like "at least" sweet 16 to me. Strong guard play.

The Gael's were off to a slow start and guess what, the announcers talked about hoe Colorado and everyone just knew that St. Mary's was treating this as an all in, must win game. At no. 13. That is coaching and that is attitude/culture. I bet if you watch Utah State you see similar, in year 1 of a complete rebuild/ change of coach. Expectations and culture. We expect to lose to Colorado, Florida, hell even Boston freaking College.
Randy Bennett is one weird dude.

Well good thing we have the A10 part of season upcoming since Mooney always performs much better there!

1 for last 13 ooc

If we improve upon our high end 11th place projection that will make 3 of last 13 exceeding expectations IC

With a minimum 22 years of job security. It’s amazingly impressive actually.

UNLV is leading #8 Creighton 36-28 at half. If they can pull it off, it would probably make our UNLV win on a neutral court our first non Q-4 win of the season (UNLV is currently 210 in the NET).

Reactions: urfan1
If the announcers said that, they were wrong. Top scorer with 25 was Kalib Boone, who missed their opener against Southern but has played in every other game including starting the past three.

It was his brother Keylan who had a denied waiver and just became eligible with today's ruling. He did have 10 off the bench.

Most other rating systems had UNLV considerably higher than their NET of 210...BPI at 85, Torvik at 118, KenPom at 133.

KenPom just boosted them to #101 with tonight's win.

Edit: And up to #105 in Torvik.

Last edited:
If the announcers said that, they were wrong. Top scorer with 25 was Kalib Boone, who missed their opener against Southern but has played in every other game including starting the past three.

It was his brother Keylan who had a denied waiver and just became eligible with today's ruling. He did have 10 off the bench.
Yep I think in game they messed it up, then interviewed the brothers after. Huge win for UNLV.

And the Tommies within 4 at Marquette midway 2nd half. And I had to read on here how Florida was so much better and more athletic. The defeatist attitude around this program truly disgusts me sometimes. I'm pulling for this team, I hope they are not buying into the "sometimes they are just too much better than us attitude" that prevails around this program.

ECU’s free throw defense was what kept them in the game. Gators missed 13 of them.

Fordham, URI, Loyola… not sure you can count UMass…

Lambs get run out of their own gym by Bona, 89-78. They were down 19 in the second half.
200.webp

North Texas was "expected" to win this game according to KenPom...52% chance! They're really doing a number on our at-large chances, as they also beat UNI in their season opener. Did lose to Fordham though.

They've been solid recently. NIT champs last year, second-round NIT in 2022, and an NCAA win over Purdue in 2021.

I wish we were expected to win a true road game sometime. And then I wish we actually would.

Nelson had been playing pretty efficiently on O this year and shooting very well. can't speak to his D bc I only saw VCU play in small doses. But the return of Bamisile and Bairstow was going to eat into JayNel's minutes the most so the 11 mpg is a big drop but not a surprise either. Could be more of them. Tho if VCU continues to play like that maybe he takes some back from the other guards.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT