ADVERTISEMENT

2022-23 G League

Grant's going to be back on campus working out with the guys at the end of the month. Should give Quinn some good work. This must have been recorded before Gilly got his call-up since Grant says he'll be coming back too. Unless the Grizz get a quick beatdown by the Lakers, Gilly now has other plans.

Grant planning to go through the same process as last year...Summer League, then weighing options as far as G League and abroad.

We are very fortunate to have such wonderful alumni basketball players that care about the program and come back to help future generations.
Right but Mooney has not reached out and incorporated the Tarrant or Belein era. Quit propping up this total fraud of a coach, and your buddy PQ who lowers the bar. And Jabba, worst AD ever.

Right but Mooney has not reached out and incorporated the Tarrant or Belein era. Quit propping up this total fraud of a coach, and your buddy PQ who lowers the bar. And Jabba, worst AD ever.
23 I got to say Gill was not much of an AD also

Reactions: spider23
This has nothing to do with my post, but interesting to see how your mind works.

My mind works like this: Unlike our AD, and top donor I absolutely think we have a program that could be a monster. With the right leadership and coach. This is a fast moving landscape in college hoops and we seem to be very ill equipped to thrive with the current folks in place. And of course the current and former Mooney players loved the culture of comfort, even though winning was not as valued.

23 I got to say Gill was not much of an AD also
Say what you want about him as an AD, but he has the Sun Belt humming right now. I’d take him over Hardt, but we need a Miller type from a p5 school. No more poaching the mediocre administrators of the patriot league.

It's scary how uninvolved Hardt is. I've heard Hallock has taken notice.
Good to hear. It scares me how the Hardt hiring was apparently done with no evaluation of other legit AD's and seemingly the top criteria being daughters friends. I like this report about Hallock, but seems the 'ol boy network is deeply entrenched in our athletic department.

Reactions: GKiller
I have not interacted with Hallock at all, but I've heard he seems genuinely interested in athletics. He makes the effort to show up at a lot of events and stays for extended periods of time talking to all sorts of people. He's not just popping in to show his face and then scooting out.

The key question is whether he is willing to make changes in the athletic admin and if so, how quickly that will happen. Not just Hardt, who is obviously the key, but I'm interested whether influence from Hallock will be felt for any other senior athletic admin roles that might need filled. An entire revamp of the athletic department culture is needed across the board. I know it's been pointed out here, but it also reverberates in the Robins Center: no one in the athletic admin even talks about winning anymore.

Hallock has been in place what, a year or 18 months now? About the length of time when you start hearing changes being made. Hardt's contract began Jan. 1, 2018, so this is his sixth year. I'd imagine a 5- or 6-year deal would be fairly standard for a guy like that, so unless he got extended, this could be it for that original deal.

Yeah, I have no idea what Hardt's current deal status is. I'm hoping he didn't get re-upped just prior to Hallock's arrival.

Hallock has been in place what, a year or 18 months now? About the length of time when you start hearing changes being made. Hardt's contract began Jan. 1, 2018, so this is his sixth year. I'd imagine a 5- or 6-year deal would be fairly standard for a guy like that, so unless he got extended, this could be it for that original deal.
An overhaul is seriously needed!

Reactions: Eight Legger
I have not interacted with Hallock at all, but I've heard he seems genuinely interested in athletics. He makes the effort to show up at a lot of events and stays for extended periods of time talking to all sorts of people. He's not just popping in to show his face and then scooting out.

The key question is whether he is willing to make changes in the athletic admin and if so, how quickly that will happen. Not just Hardt, who is obviously the key, but I'm interested whether influence from Hallock will be felt for any other senior athletic admin roles that might need filled. An entire revamp of the athletic department culture is needed across the board. I know it's been pointed out here, but it also reverberates in the Robins Center: no one in the athletic admin even talks about winning anymore.

Sounds good in theory. One can hope. In practice Hallock signed off on Mooney extension which would have gone up to presidential level.

Not gonna begrudge a kid who wants to set his own path.

He turned down some other good offers for Liberty (they're obviously a solid program, but a weaker conference drags them down), so it seems like for whatever reason he really liked them.
If your going to Liberty, there is a reason you are going to Liberty, beyond playing basketball there. You would have to wanna both buy in and be a part of the unique "culture' at Liberty.

We are very fortunate to have such wonderful alumni basketball players that care about the program and come back to help future generations.
Agreed, but this is not something unique to UR. This happens at every school. If you are a big time college basketball/football player, of course you wanna come back to a place that adores you and given you such great memories and experiences.

UR has become a culture minus the last three letters also, just on the other end of the spectrum. LOL
One could argue that we have no culture. We are like a boat at sea that lost power, just taking us wherever the wind and currents take us. Specifically from an athletic standpoint.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT