ADVERTISEMENT

2017 Signees

Don't like losing guys to the Indians at all. He will have a better shot of playing right away with them because they lose a lot offensively from this past year. At the end of the day though it's all about winning and I think we all know the answer as to who gives Evans the best chance of winning long term.

What's your take on Chee? His tape looks good--very aggressive in run support and seems pretty athletic. They offered him as a SAM, so it's off to weight room and training table for him. He looks like his frame could add 25 lbs or pretty easily.
Heard he was a steal for us from people in the know. This offer just confirms it. Admitadley not a x and o guru but kid just came off as a hell of an athlete to go with a good head on his shoulders. May take a bit longer for him to see the field at NW just because your level of competition is much higher(bigger, stronger, faster), but imagine he'll be a solid player. Lawrence Taylor was a soft verbal /heavy lean here before he signed with UNC and that turned out well. Never know, recruiting is such a crapshoot but don't doubt he would of been a major contributor here sooner then later.

Feel free to send a few transfers our way...it's only fair right ?;)

Reactions: Hungry Jack
Heard he was a steal for us from people in the know. This offer just confirms it. Admitadley not a x and o guru but kid just came off as a hell of an athlete to go with a good head on his shoulders. May take a bit longer for him to see the field at NW just because your level of competition is much higher(bigger, stronger, faster), but imagine he'll be a solid player. Lawrence Taylor was a soft verbal /heavy lean here before he signed with UNC and that turned out well. Never know, recruiting is such a crapshoot but don't doubt he would of been a major contributor here sooner then later.

Feel free to send a few transfers our way...it's only fair right ?;)

Actually, we had a fifth year guy, a starting C/G, who was a pretty good player that just left to play at Slippery Rock. He missed his senior year with a foot injury, but the NCAA denied him a medical redshirt. So it's off to the Rock! He might end up at an NFL camp come 2018.

Chee certainly has a RS year ahead of him to get bigger and stronger. But we are thin at LB as we had two guys (FR, RS SO) retire due to concussions (also a senior CB with NFL talent). Then MLB Anthony Walker went pro. So there is a "help wanted" sign in the LB room. Chee will have an opportunity in 2018, I think.

You sound like an ass. These are 17/18 yr old kids.
Thanks, and you sound like a good loser, a loser nonetheless, encouraging the lack of accountability for the word given by a young man and contributing to the travesty of the commitment process.

Thanks, and you sound like a good loser, a loser nonetheless, encouraging the lack of accountability for the word given by a young man and contributing to the travesty of the commitment process.
Wow, you are an embarrassment to this board. How about the word given by Rocco to these commits? Not sure why you are singling out Evans, but there are plenty more that walked away from their commitment. Rocco and almost his entire staff broke their commitment to all of them. You are clearly bitter and I assume you weren't a D1 athlete and have never gone through the recruiting process and don't have a child that has? Same here, but a little common sense, empathy and maturity I do have. I don't expect any 17/18 yr old boy to have the same maturity as I do. But I suspect these kids parents are in fact, mature and have offered guidance to each of them. We don't know what we don't know. We do agree on one point - the commitment process is a travesty, but it's the process nevertheless.

I & 4evr, let's dial this conversation back some before it gets out of hand -- both good posters and knowledgable

Reactions: UR Fan 2
Why UT Martin? They have never done anything and we have. I guess he doesn't want to win a whole lot of games over four years.
It's not always about that. I heard he's a really good kid and is very close to his family. I'm sure that was in play. Wish he was going to be a Spider, but wish him all the best!

It's not always about that. I heard he's a really good kid and is very close to his family. I'm sure that was in play. Wish he was going to be a Spider, but wish him all the best!
Not a knock on the kid at all, if that's what he wants then I completely respect that. If I was going to commit somewhere I think y'all know where it would be, it would be local and I would choose to go there even over a top level fcs program.

Reactions: 4EVRFB
Also looked up UT Martin and saw they have made the playoffs only twice in their history and only once at the D1 level. Not a lot of winning going on down there.

That's a bit disappointing. I liked the looks of Dowell. I wonder why he wasted the time with the trip out here to begin with.

Looks like we're not getting the top guys and I guess that's because of the coaching change. We can't afford to have a bad class, if you want to stay on top as a program you have to get the top guys every year or else the program will drop a little.

Looks like we're not getting the top guys and I guess that's because of the coaching change. We can't afford to have a bad class, if you want to stay on top as a program you have to get the top guys every year or else the program will drop a little.
What happens to scholarship slots we don't use on this class? Is there a per year limit or we are good, just can't exceed 63?

What happens to scholarship slots we don't use on this class? Is there a per year limit or we are good, just can't exceed 63?
At the FCS level you can bring in up to 30 "counters" (recruits receiving some form of aid) in a year.

I don't see that. I see he retweeted a friend who was offered by them.

According to Coach Bailey on Twitter we "Got a Big Time Commit from a Big Time Player!" today from area code 615 - I'm assuming Jack Doherty. Congrats!

No matter what happens with this class, if we can get Bowler, Doherty and Hagan on the Offensive Line, it would be a pretty big win.

Reactions: urfan1
Hagan was here last weekend with Doherty. I'm sure we'd love a commit from him too. Hagan appears to be the tallest of the 3 linemen with room to fill out.

Reactions: urfan1 and 4EVRFB
Doherty just retweeted the tweets from Bailey and Durden about the unnamed commitment.

No matter what happens with this class, if we can get Bowler, Doherty and Hagan on the Offensive Line, it would be a pretty big win.
Agree 100%. May not be our best class but offensive line and d-line are two important positions. You have to win at the point of contact up front on both sides of the ball and that has what has set us apart from the rest of the league for the last few years and will take us to even greater heights.

I think our DB class are pretty solid from watching the tapes. We should be in good shape. What you guys think?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT