ADVERTISEMENT

2017 Signees

i think that shows they thought he was coming here, now maybe not , they must have him rated preety high , for that turn out

i agree , seems like this staff are very good recruiters , wonder if they called frizzel tonight when the utc coaches were there lol

Recruits can sense when a coach is truly passionate about the school he is coaching at...I believe Coach hues is truly passionate about coaching at Richmond and that will come across very strongly and successfully to recruits

Anybody know how many we're trying to get this class? Aren't we usually around 14-16 every year?

I'd be surprised if we pick up any D-linemen this year. Don't believe it'll be a challenge for this staff with a full cycle to build relationships and sell the school.
A lot of the recruits we lost really liked the new staff. The switch and DR's exit were both hard to overcome, but once that's all behind us and recruits are interested in the school, these coaches and their offense & defense, I think we will have plenty of great kids knocking on the door. Russ will win a lot of games and winning cures everything.

A lot of the recruits we lost really liked the new staff.
Well, that explains why we lost so many. Get'em to like you so they will renege on their commitment and go to another school. Thanks. I had a problem understanding the apparent enigma until you spelled it out so well.

Well, that explains why we lost so many. Get'em to like you so they will renege on their commitment and go to another school. Thanks. I had a problem understanding the apparent enigma until you spelled it out so well.
there you go again. Hopefully the majority of this board understood my point, that even though the staff is very likable, it was an uphill battle to climb because they had built relationships with that old staff and bought in to their offense/defense and well, the DR flamethrowing effect.

so was he more humbled and blessed when he committed to us or more humble and blessed when vandy offered ? seems he is alot more blessed than humble i think this is a joke

My guess is this has always happened problem is social media has made it more obvious. Players have always received offers after committing to a program, how often they follow through and or publicized it is another thing.

RH imo has done a really good job getting some commits to offset our losses.

i think coach russ and staff have been great , but if coaches would quit offering kids committed to other schools , then the commit may actually mean something . i think an offer from vandy means he is gone i hope i am wrong , but the other kid was blessed and humbled all the way to nortwestern.

Hawk, the kid earned an offer from the SEC. He should be over the moon. Even better, it's from the best academic institution in the SEC. As of now, he's a UR verbal. Hopefully it stays that way...we'll find out in a week. He still has UR verbal and pic up for social media. I think this is also a testament to the quality of kids the new staff is going after.

If you had a successful company saying they'd like to talk to you about a good opportunity with their firm, would you completely ignore them?

Reactions: urfan1 and 4EVRFB
what i am saying is dont commit , unless you mean it , did he say i commit unless i get something better? i blame the coaches just as much if not more. and your example about the company is true , but you think the company i commited to first would be happy , scholarships are limited , we might not have offered some one at the posistion . cause of him commiting. another example tell your wife your commiteed to her but still excepting offers see how that goes lol .

so if the school comes up with a better player at the last minute should they take back the offer ? i am not mad at the kids , i just think the system sucks

As has been referenced on this board several times before
Quote Lefty Driesell -" The real recruiting doesn't start until a kid commits to a school"!!!

Reactions: urfan1
Any recruit that receives a high level offer at this time of the year should understand that he is getting the offer because the school lost out on other better players. This is like being a college player drafted in the 6th or 7th round; might work out, has for some in the past, but most likely, won't work out. As has been discussed before, ballers want to play. I would much rather be a player on a lower level than a bench warmer on a higher level, but maybe that's just me.

Any recruit that receives a high level offer at this time of the year should understand that he is getting the offer because the school lost out on other better players. This is like being a college player drafted in the 6th or 7th round; might work out, has for some in the past, but most likely, won't work out. As has been discussed before, ballers want to play. I would much rather be a player on a lower level than a bench warmer on a higher level, but maybe that's just me.
The other element is the school will often recruit over you next year if you don't come in and show great stuff right away

No idea if we're still in on Ben Page following his de-commitment (I suspect not since we haven't heard anything), but he got offered by Army.

He no longer lists Richmond commit on his Twitter bio, so I assume not. I expect he'll head to Vandy...hard to turn down the SEC, especially when you're from Alabama.

i allways thought there was a gentlemens agreement not to offer another teams commit, so really all this verbal stuff doesnt mean anything till feb first?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT