ADVERTISEMENT

Zach Hicks - 2021 Offer

Getting pretty close here. Wondering how the decision will be announced as his Twitter is currently set to private

Brought a knife to a gun fight...no comparison between the history of the two programs. That is a FACT; not an opinion by Chuckie.

There are many fights we would lose in this regard, and this is not one of them. Not a great idea. I'm sure Chuck would say the same thing. He's a big fan of us, and of Philly in general.

Getting pretty close here. Wondering how the decision will be announced as his Twitter is currently set to private

May I suggest looking at Owlscoop.com around 3pm for his decision. Heard his interview with Hicks on his decision went great.

I will say, I have been down on Mooney, but I do think some of his issues have been with restrictions placed on him by the admin, which appear to be easing if you believe some posters.

Mckie is 0 for 1. Touche. May never get one. Let's see his head coaching resume please.

Reactions: plydogg
I love our hoops history. we're a small school. but no, our history is nowhere near Temple's.

that said, I like where we are as a program today better than Temple. our roster is strong and our facilities are top notch. we would have danced last year and we're considered preseason top 25. and I think we've got a bigger role for Zach at the wing than Temple does.

if he wants big school and the city, we can't compete with that. we're in the suburbs. some like that, some don't. and we're small. some learn more in classes under 20. some don't like it. too much like HS getting called on a lot! different strokes.

I love our hoops history. we're a small school. but no, our history is nowhere near Temple's.

that said, I like where we are as a program today better than Temple. our roster is strong and our facilities are top notch. we would have danced last year and we're considered preseason top 25. and I think we've got a bigger role for Zach at the wing than Temple does.

if he wants big school and the city, we can't compete with that. we're in the suburbs. some like that, some don't. and we're small. some learn more in classes under 20. some don't like it. too much like HS getting called on a lot! different strokes.

This is every away game against the Sixers:

I think we'll survive in terms of facilities.

As far as classes go, other than accounting and econ, every class of mine at Temple was under 40 students. I had many classes with 20 students.

Reactions: jobecca and parkowl
This is every away game against the Sixers:

I think we'll survive in terms of facilities.

As far as classes go, other than accounting and econ, every class of mine at Temple was under 40 students. I had many classes with 20 students.
This is such a frequent misconception. Just because you have the option of being in a giant lecture hall doesn't mean you can't take courses in small classrooms if you want.

Reactions: jobecca and JHG722
May I suggest looking at Owlscoop.com around 3pm for his decision. Heard his interview with Hicks on his decision went great.
So you guys are just a bunch of poor winners. Me too. Hope you can make it to .500 this season. I mean that sincerely, wish you the best of luck in getting back to mediocrity. Have to crawl before you can walk.

So you guys are just a bunch of poor winners. Me too. Hope you can make it to .500 this season. I mean that sincerely, wish you the best of luck in getting back to mediocrity. Have to crawl before you can walk.

We all aspire to be as mediocre as Richmond.

Let's talk Mooney has 2 NCAA Tournament appearances in 15 years.

Hey now JHG we can handle that one amongst ourselves just fine thanks. And...he’s about to get a raise and an extension, how much we won’t know bc UR won’t be transparent on our highest paid employees for some inane reasons.

Think most ppl here would have plenty of respect for Temple as a bball program. There is some solid hoops history btw us too.

Zach was one of our top targets if we don’t get him we can still blame it on Philly. We have a thousand Philly connections in our AD department. We r like Philly South here w little to show for it just like Philly.

giphy.gif

Guess Zach can live with our HUGE class sizes, crappy facilities, high crime rate, questionable coach, and recent losing.

Spiders crawl - Owls fly!

See you on the court.

Reactions: jobecca and JHG722
Welp, now Steve Thomas should have some time freed up. Good luck to Zach, he will be a good one.
I will say, the Temple fans really seem like they need a ray of hope, very downtrodden group. I'll put Mckie's o/u at 3 years. Don't let your AD sign him to any 10 year deals :)

Good luck to Zach at Temple. Would have been a good fit here, we’ll see how he does against AAC competition. Hope to see him excel to All-league level

Welp, now Steve Thomas should have some time freed up. Good luck to Zach, he will be a good one.
I will say, the Temple fans really seem like they need a ray of hope, very downtrodden group. I'll put Mckie's o/u at 3 years. Don't let your AD sign him to any 10 year deals :)

We don't have an AD.

good luck to Zach at Temple looks like a player. Really wanted him. We just don’t seem to get the big wings or possibly stretch 4s often enough here it’s normally a hole in our rosters traditionally. When we do it’s great...Burton Cayo now in past guys like Harp & Bucknor...but need more imo.

let’s recruit DC area more heavily. Our Philly connection works primarily if u r looking to get hired in the AD dept.

Philly - established miserable city
Richmond - own issues in the city right now
DC - best basketball of the 3 and it only gets a bad rap bc of politics. Which I always find ironic bc that rap is due to all the politicians coming from ALL OVER the rest of the country to work and live.

Reactions: urfan1 and plydogg
good luck to Zach at Temple looks like a player. Really wanted him. We just don’t seem to get the big wings or possibly stretch 4s often enough here it’s normally a hole in our rosters traditionally. When we do it’s great...Burton Cayo now in past guys like Harp & Bucknor...but need more imo.

let’s recruit DC area more heavily. Our Philly connection works primarily if u r looking to get hired in the AD dept.

Philly - established miserable city
Richmond - own issues in the city right now
DC - best basketball of the 3 and it only gets a bad rap bc of politics. Which I always find ironic bc that rap is due to all the politicians coming from ALL OVER the rest of the country to work and live.

You just can't take the L can you?

Your own head coach is from here.

You just can't take the L can you?

Your own head coach is from here.

Not sure what u mean but I realize u r new here. The L is taken. Always respected Temple as a basketball program & said as much in my earlier reply to u. Also not 1 of these message board posters who after we lose someone says no big deal. Think he'll help u guys as he would have us at UR, best of luck to Zach Hicks.

I'm no fan of Philly in general so Mooney being from there doesn't impress me. Our over abundance of Philly connections hasn't exactly worked out here. We are absolutely loaded this year but there is crap ton riding on this year too. Maybe if we didn't have such a philly stench at UR we would have had more success over the years. Half the time it feels like our Philly ppl employed at UR talk about Philly sports more than they do the Spiders. Nothing personal to my Philly friends of which I have quite a few but something to consider.

Not sure what u mean but I realize u r new here. The L is taken. Always respected Temple as a basketball program & said as much in my earlier reply to u. Also not 1 of these message board posters who after we lose someone says no big deal. Think he'll help u guys as he would have us at UR, best of luck to Zach Hicks.

I'm no fan of Philly in general so Mooney being from there doesn't impress me. Our over abundance of Philly connections hasn't exactly worked out here. We are absolutely loaded this year but there is crap ton riding on this year too. Maybe if we didn't have such a philly stench at UR we would have had more success over the years. Half the time it feels like our Philly ppl employed at UR talk about Philly sports more than they do the Spiders. Nothing personal to my Philly friends of which I have quite a few but something to consider.

So you’re a baby because we’re passionate about our sports teams? Okay. You sound pillow soft.

So you’re a baby because we’re passionate about our sports teams? Okay. You sound pillow soft.

Please most cities are passionate, nobody has a monopoly on that. Tho Philly pro teams don't have much to show for it with championships. But that's not the point anyway. I was simply raising our well known Philly centric AD dept. No reason to be a concern for u but UR fans get it. Or maybe it is a point b/c our own Philly guys haven't won enough either. Your comment is rich coming from a guy who got his panties in a wad over a fairly innocent comment about Temple not being in the best area or having lot of commuters. FWIW I've heard the same but that doesn't matter to me.

Please most cities are passionate, nobody has a monopoly on that. Tho Philly pro teams don't have much to show for it with championships. But that's not the point anyway. I was simply raising our well known Philly centric AD dept. No reason to be a concern for u but UR fans get it. Or maybe it is a point b/c our own Philly guys haven't won enough either. Your comment is rich coming from a guy who got his panties in a wad over a fairly innocent comment about Temple not being in the best area or having lot of commuters. FWIW I've heard the same but that doesn't matter to me.

Have you ever stepped foot on our campus?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT