ADVERTISEMENT

Wake In Game

We are so lazy on defensive rebounding "attempts" it's brutal. It's as if we just expect every shot to go in, and when it doesn't, all of our guys just stand there watching Wake go up, get a rebound, miss, get another rebound, then stick it home. This is as bad as I remember it, and that's saying something. Wake has nothing at all, and its best player is injured and not playing. WTF are we doing?

3 point shooting has kept us in game. Terry was stymied by foul trouble. We really need for him to score inside in 2nd half.

Does Mooney think PF is our best Big Guy defender? Or is Mooney protecting our other big men from fouls since they are being handed out left and right? PF getting some serious minutes in a very close game against a good team on the road. Mooney is going deep into the bench, as I have said before he plays the players that give us the best chance to win no matter what year they are.

Obviously we were fed a line of BS that rebounding would be a priority this year. Either that or we really have no coaches who are capable of teaching rebounding. I would prefer the former. If we really wanted to rebound, it would actually have been made a priority. Clearly it wasn't.

Does Mooney think PF is our best Big Guy defender? Or is Mooney protecting our other big men from fouls since they are being handed out left and right? PF getting some serious minutes in a very close game against a good team on the road. Mooney is going deep into the bench, as I have said before he plays the players that give us the best chance to win no matter what year they are.

He's protecting Allen, who got two fouls in 4+ minutes. And Wake isn't a good team. It's a team that beat UMBC on this same court by 5 points and is missing its best player and another starter.

Terry was stymied in first half by foul troubles. Hopefully, he is able to score inside in the second half. We need to score inside to set up the 3 point shots.

On another note, wake's crowd is woeful. I remember back in the day that place was rockin.

The stats I see say they got 9 offensive rebounds and we got only 5 defensive rebounds. That is beyond beyond awful. Your team getting like 33% of the available defensive rebounds may never have happened before in the NCAA!

The stats I see say they got 9 offensive rebounds and we got only 5 defensive rebounds. That is beyond beyond awful. Your team getting like 33% of the available defensive rebounds may never have happened before in the NCAA!

What is more ridiculous is that we are still winning despite that fact. If we don't start pulling down rebounds and start making it harder for them to score inside we will get buried in the 2nd half. We are still in the game because of the huge number of turnovers Wake has had, I doubt we get another 13 turnovers in the 2nd half.

Offensively we were good. Shot well, got some backdoors. Very few turnovers. That kept us in it.

What is more ridiculous is that we are still winning despite that fact. If we don't start pulling down rebounds and start making it harder for them to score inside we will get buried in the 2nd half. We are still in the game because of the huge number of turnovers Wake has had, I doubt we get another 13 turnovers in the 2nd half.

We're also lucky they are only 8-16 from the FT line. Not sure that will continue, either.

Some of those rebounds where we look like we have position we really don't. we've been pushed too far underneath so we have the inside position but to rebound, the rebound must be in front of you not behind you or even straight over your head - - it has to be in front of you. When you get pushed deep under when you start out with good position its gonna be very tough!

Agreed philly. I was alway taught the second a shot goes up put your ass on someone and box out.

solid minutes from PF.. Just leave him in too bang until he's too tired or fouls out. He's our most physical guy (which doesn't say much for us)

We should win this game but I fear we will not. We don't seem to want it as much. We need to hustle on every play, get after it. Too much standing around, waiting for the ball. we've got to dictate tempo and take it to them in order to win this game.

If we could rebound even a LITTLE, we'd get some separation and they'd probably start jacking up bad shots. But since we can't rebound at all, they will be right there at the end, and some randomness will happen at the end like the last two years, and we'll blow it.

13 - - after you box out you have to GO GET THE BALL too. If you wait a player who is moving will go get the ball! TJ is so good on offense, but he's a primary offender for bad D and rebounding

Reactions: spiders13
BTW, are these ESPN3 announcers on Wake's payroll? Or is this a local broadcast team that was hired out for the game? They aren't hiding their Wake bias.

cline contributes a dumb one. If you take a giant swing like that on an entry pass it will be called a foul 99% of the time whether you hit the guy or not

Agreed philly. Most basketball peeps know that going after the ball follows the boxing out ha, but this is Richmond basketball so I need to be more clear! Great point

we are just weak on D. Guys just go by us to the hoop. Offensively this is the best we have looked in awhile

Reactions: spiders13
Trey Davis doing some nice things on offense tonight. No jumpers, except for that three – smart. Scoring on drives to the hoop – smart again. Solid performance.

Has a Mooney team ever scored over 80 points 3 games in a row? This offense is really good, the defense is at least forcing a lot of turnovers, but they are not stopping the 3 or rebounding well. It is unbelievable that we are up by 12.

rebounding a bit better in this half and wake has continued to turn it over and miss FT

Some of the point output this year is obviously the result of the shot clock change, but I do think overall we are better there than we have been for a few years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT