ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer Thread

My one VCU fan friend just let me know that their message board found the 5 day old tweet about Buck and they are so excited they are all washing their pants now.
As long as they don't dry them, I think they will be OK. Those skinny jeans are b*tch to get into once you dry them.

Reactions: SpiderK
Listening to Black and Drew this morning, Bob said he stopped by the Spider practice yesterday and everyone was a full go. Andrew Wallace asked specifically about Buck and Bob replied that he was there and practicing. Bob also had some positive things to say about Tomas's shooting ability.

nice. I don't expect any official statement about Buck since Mooney already said Khwan was the only one leaving, so this is probably the best we'll get.

I'm kind of bullish on Tomas. think he'd do well given the chance at the 4. he'll have to really impress to get his chance though. I know people here think the 4 is a big need and it might be, but we do have a lot of bodies fighting for time there. we just don't know what we have there yet other than what we've seen from Nathan.

Reactions: Spiderstew1962
nice. I don't expect any official statement about Buck since Mooney already said Khwan was the only one leaving, so this is probably the best we'll get.

I'm kind of bullish on Tomas. think he'd do well given the chance at the 4. he'll have to really impress to get his chance though. I know people here think the 4 is a big need and it might be, but we do have a lot of bodies fighting for time there. we just don't know what we have there yet other than what we've seen from Nathan.
At the 4?? I don't believe that's going to happen.

Not sure how to link an Instagram post, but the official spider basketball page just posted some pictures from practice today. Don’t know if I should read into it or not, but I don’t see Buck in any of the pictures (he’s not in the background of any either). Really hope this is just a coincidence.

Yeah, he's got plenty of options. Apparently stopped by Maryland a week ago.

Yes, looking objectively not a guy that would have any interest in us. I know April 11 does not mean anything, but beginning to think our options for immediate help are slim and none. Anyone know if we have any legitimate options? Likely the guy from Columbia was one, but missed. Really think we need to solidify another big and another guard for next year. Not knocking Cayo,Tomas, Ford, etc. but need some proven production. I know, dead horse I am beating.

There are lots of guys on the market right now but I don't see us being mentioned with hardly any of them. Are we being active with these slots right now? The only 2 guys who were are talking about are Sy and Finn. I like Sy, Finn seems like more of the mold of a classic Mooney reach and redshirt type of of player.

Here's an interesting guy: Larry Austin, Jr. Played for X, transferred to Vandy, now a grad transfer. Plays point, could give us some good depth at both guard spots though. I suspect he has higher aspirations, though.

http://www.vucommodores.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/larry_austin_jr_1018397.html

Some other options:
• Wil Bathurst, 6-3, 180, 2-guard from Cornell
• Armani Branch, 6-6, 205 SF from Hampton, averaged 7 ppg in 2016-17, apparently missed all year with an injury this year
• Tre Campbell, 6-2, 170 guard from Georgetown who missed this year
• Justin Coleman, 5-10, 170 PG from Samford who averaged 13 ppg and 6.6 apg this year
• Mike Green, 5-10, 160 PG from Longwood with two years of immediate eligibility (averaged about 7 ppg at Northern Arizona, sat this year at Longwood and now is leaving)

Last edited:
Reactions: plydogg
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT