ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer Thread

Since he is a grad transfer, can he still transfer in conference or are there still stipulations?

Believe it's the same rule as usual...sit out two years unless granted an exception by the ADs at the affected institutions.

Others include: Sam Miller and Xeyrius Williams from Dayton, Tre Evans and Perris Hicks from Fordham, Ty Graves from St. Louis, Ndene Gueye from St. Bonna, and Tyler Maye from VCU.

Williams from Dayton was a decent player, the rest I don't think move the needle.

Joseph, a Canadian, attended the same private high school as Nathan. Just sayin’

This is why Fordham is a death trap for coaches. It takes a couple years to start winning there, but if you don't win quickly, your good talent is going to move on. Pecora was a good coach, Fordham killed him. Same thing is now happening to Neubauer, unfortunately.

Believe it's the same rule as usual...sit out two years unless granted an exception by the ADs at the affected institutions.
Fordham posters seem to believe it doesn't apply to Grad Transfers. No Idea if they are right.
It also appears they may 3 players - Chartouny, Hicks, Bunting, who all graduated in 3 years. So eligible for a Grad Transfer without a prior redshirt...

This is why Fordham is a death trap for coaches. It takes a couple years to start winning there, but if you don't win quickly, your good talent is going to move on. Pecora was a good coach, Fordham killed him. Same thing is now happening to Neubauer, unfortunately.
Yep, I don't know if anyone can win there to be honest. Every single year, their best players seem to transfer away.

which is why it's so important for an up and coming coach to be smart about which offer he takes. there are jobs where the odds are stacked against you.

Well then we definitely shouldn't take him... He might have a hard time staying away from the restaurant/bar in town named after him.

Big Ten had an Iowa QB grad transfer and start at Michigan. Pac-12 had a guy go from Cal to Stanford, and several other instances. Immediate eligibility is almost universal.

Keep in mind you can only transfer to a school as a grad transfer if the receiving school has a degree that is not offered at the current school that the athlete is looking to take.

Look for Fore and Sherod to announce their transfer in the coming weeks. My daughter is a cheerleader at UR and very good friends with Fore

Fore would not shock me as he would be a grad transfer but I would be very surprised if Sherrod left. He is a featured player who had a really good year and would have to sit a year. Besides, his whole family is here and his coaches from St. Chris have been ultra supportive for him.

Look for Fore and Sherod to announce their transfer in the coming weeks. My daughter is a cheerleader at UR and very good friends with Fore

Casually walks in and drops a grenade. Quite a first post.

well, 94 will either have a ton of credibility or none pretty soon.
no offense 94, but I'm hoping for none!

Fore would not shock me as he would be a grad transfer but I would be very surprised if Sherrod left. He is a featured player who had a really good year and would have to sit a year. Besides, his whole family is here and his coaches from St. Chris have been ultra supportive for him.
They want to win.

Losing Fore and Sherod would be a big bummer. They should have a lot of options if they choose to leave though.

And they will win big this coming year. Now back to your paper route and crayon studies at vdu.
They are bringing back the exact same team. There is no intense recruiting going on. Maybe Sherod would want to get to a conference championship game before he graduates.

And they will win big this coming year. Now back to your paper route and crayon studies at vdu.
No need for insults. Just relaying information that my daughter has heard. Take it for what it’s worth but if does happen, at least Mooney will be able to use the “rebuilding” excuse.

They are bringing back the exact same team. There is no intense recruiting going on. Maybe Sherod would want to get to a conference championship game before he graduates.

Teams that return everyone often make the biggest improvements year to year. It has been seen repeatedly in the A10.

SLU went 12-19 in 2011, returned everyone and didn't add any players and with essentially that same group went to 3 consecutive NCAA tournaments as a 9, 4 and 5 seed 2012 to 2015.

GW went 13-17 in 2013, returned everyone and didn't add any key players and earned a 9 seed the following year.

There are many other examples like this. Keeping teams intact often results in huge performance increases the following year. Teams that win 12-13 games one season have many times gone to the NCAAs the following season when they return all their players.

do they believe that Gilyard will be one of the best PGs in the conference next year?
do they believe that G Golden will be one of the best 5s in the conference next year?
do they believe in Buck? and themselves?

all the pieces are there. I'm doubtful they're looking for a better situation. if they were, there's no benefit to waiting.

Sherod has not played pickup with team either day this week. I have been to RC and no sign of him. No Fore first day either.

spidUR seems to be a popular username prefix for new posters. We have a brand new spidUR crew. Welcome to the board.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT