ADVERTISEMENT

A10 Champion Ladies

mr.spider

Team Manager
Nov 18, 2003
This needs it's own thread! Congratulations ladies! Fantastic season! Keep it rollin in the A10 tourny and NCAAs!

Awesome to see you make it back from the Bonnies and celebrate your championship at the vcu game! Really happy about the warm reception!

This needs it's own thread! Congratulations ladies! Fantastic season! Keep it rollin in the A10 tourny and NCAAs!

Awesome to see you make it back from the Bonnies and celebrate your championship at the vcu game! Really happy about the warm reception!
So exciting the women are having a great year! Psyched for coach roussell to come in here and do a Herculean job to clean up the mess that Schaeffer left! I just wish our first game wasn't at 11am......if u see me there, pls don't tell my boss.

The Spiders will face 8-seed Loyola at 11am tomorrow after the Ramblers squeaked by 9-seed Fordham, 53–52.

The regular season meeting was only a 75–71 Spider victory at home, as a 12-point Spider halftime lead was wiped out by a 13–0 Loyola run to start the third quarter. It was neck-and-neck most of the rest of the way until the Spiders got a little bit of separation with a few minutes to go and then made their free throws down the stretch while Loyola was hitting threes to keep the pressure on.

Reactions: urfan1
now would be as good a time as ever to plug the A10 Women's tournament being held at the new Henrico Sports and Events Center this year. The Spider ladies tip off at 11am tomorrow against Loyola. Kind of an awkward time but definitely try to get out there. I am trying to move some thing around for work to take my kids.

Not to look past Loyola, but Duquesne just cruised past UMass to set up a matchup between the Dukes and Mason tomorrow on our side of the bracket. Of course, those are the only two A-10 teams to beat us this year.

Not to look past Loyola, but Duquesne just cruised past UMass to set up a matchup between the Dukes and Mason tomorrow on our side of the bracket. Of course, those are the only two A-10 teams to beat us this year.
Only 2 A10 teams to beat us play each other to determine our second opponent?

Are we in Brooklyn already?

Amazing seasons by both teams!

Thinking about taking my kids to see the women play. Any tips on tickets? The fevo and ticketmaster websites have sizable fees, does the UR ticket office have any packages or anything like that?

Amazing seasons by both teams!

Thinking about taking my kids to see the women play. Any tips on tickets? The fevo and ticketmaster websites have sizable fees, does the UR ticket office have any packages or anything like that?
UR sent their tickets back, so I went to box office, experienced no wait. Fri/ Sat $22 for adults, Sun $25, some discount for students with ID don't know if any student or just of one of colleges. Bring your cell phone they will text tickets and receipts.

UR sent their tickets back, so I went to box office, experienced no wait. Fri/ Sat $22 for adults, Sun $25, some discount for students with ID don't know if any student or just of one of colleges. Bring your cell phone they will text tickets and receipts.
Watched a little off and on today and place was not 20% full and that included a bunch of school kids that must have had field trips during the early games.
Of course, when I say that they will have every second-grade class in Henrico County on a field trip in the morning.

Watched a little off and on today and place was not 20% full and that included a bunch of school kids that must have had field trips during the early games.
Of course, when I say that they will have every second-grade class in Henrico County on a field trip in the morning.
It was like that in the early rounds in Delaware last year too. Lots of school kids on field trips!

Yes, sorry I wasn't clear. I meant a watch party for the women's selection show tomorrow night. I think I heard Coach R mention there would be one at one of the radio shows, but no details were announced.

Spider Hall, doors open at 7:30.

Thanks for posting SF. Pretty sad that I had to find out from here rather than from the official website, or even an email from the athletic department or alumni relations.

Too much reliance on social media, especially given our demographics.

I've gotten multiple emails regarding this event, but perhaps they limited the distribution to WBB season ticket holders. One note that struck me as strange - it's in "Spider Hall." It turns out that's the lobby of the Queally Athletic Center and I've never seen it referred to by this name. But I'm old and maybe I just forgot...

Reactions: Eight Legger
Interesting--your theory may be correct. I'm a Spider Club member but no emails. None of my friends (some of whom are season ticket holders for men, football, or both) have received anything about it either. Other friends who buy tickets online for women's games here and there, also no emails.

I think they have recently started calling that space Spider Hall. It's a nice space, but might be too small for this type of event. Which is maybe why they are purposely limiting promoting the event.

I emailed the ticket office asking them to send the message out to a broader audience but got an auto reply. Who else should we email?

I agree. Also, I used to lurk on some of our main X/Twitter accounts in the past, but now unless you have your own account, the posts don't show up chronologically any longer. So the chances of actually seeing a post from the last six months, much less one that is < 24 hours old, are pretty minimal.

If I’m not watching the game and there are no or not many Twitter updates I always know we’re losing

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT