ADVERTISEMENT

The competition thread

I think you’ll be eating your words after this week. Bones will light UR up.
He's a one-trick pony. Had a nice game against us the first time last year and we shut him up the second time. He shoots threes. That's it. He's a nice A10 player, but it's a joke that he's being considered as an NBA first round draft pick by anyone. He's not even one of the 10 best lambs of the past 15 years.

Reactions: plydogg
Yeah, I heard NBA teams were just lining up for him after his 3-12 effort from three last night. I know I was super impressed by it!
He'll hit at least six 3s against your weak defense.

Yeah, the fact he shot 15 free throws over the last two games shows he's a one-trick pony. 🙄

I'll take what the draft experts say over your BS, but keep trying, sunshine. Eventually you might be right about something.

Last edited:
Reactions: Spiders4ever
Loyola predicted to be an 8 seed and we can’t even get in the tourney. Maybe we need to hire a nun

He'll hit at least six 3s against your weak defense.

Yeah, the fact he shot 15 free throws over the last two games shows he's a one-trick pony. 🙄

I'll take what the draft experts say over your BS, but keep trying, sunshine. Eventually you might be right about something.
15 free throws in TWO games? WOW! unheard of! He should be a top-5 pick for that incredible stay alone.

I mean seriously, he's barely a top-10 player in the a10. This is absurd.

15 free throws in TWO games? WOW! unheard of! He should be a top-5 pick for that incredible stay alone.

I mean seriously, he's barely a top-10 player in the a10. This is absurd.
You said he's a one-trick pony. Those FTs didn't all come from 3s. Keep going, it's fun chasing your goal posts, just like Bones will have fun torching your defense.

Richmond's stellar 3-point defense does make it more likely than not that Bones McKinney will sink quite a number of 3's. Of course, he could always have an off night, but ....

He's not even in the top-25 in the league in shooting percentage. He's 13th in the conference in 3pt percentage. He scores a lot because he shoots a lot. He's not even hitting 40% from three! If your main NBA talent is shooting threes and you're coming from a league like this, you better be making a lot more than that.

He's not even in the top-25 in the league in shooting percentage. He's 13th in the conference in 3pt percentage. He scores a lot because he shoots a lot. He's not even hitting 40% from three! If your main NBA talent is shooting threes and you're coming from a league like this, you better be making a lot more than that.
Ever heard of he's the focus of our team and gets doubled a lot? I know you're not used to seeing actual defense, and you clearly didn't see the Dayton game. The scouts obviously disagree with you.

Our opponents are doing what we need them to do. Now just need to take care of the lambs
And this is what I call Mooney’s law. Everything seems to be turning the corner but then it all comes quickly crashing down, that happens this Wednesday.

Ever heard of he's the focus of our team and gets doubled a lot? I know you're not used to seeing actual defense, and you clearly didn't see the Dayton game. The scouts obviously disagree with you.
That's just what I would want to hear as an NBA general manager about my first-round draft pick: 'He's really good, as long at the other team isn't paying attention to him. But when they focus on him, he's not that good.'

Also: 'He plays well against the 91st-best college team, so let's make him a multi-millionaire!'

Ky is terrible. Very athletic but no basketball sense. Throw the ball to a guy in the corner for the double team, don’t come to the ball when teammates in trouble, etc. It will be interesting to see where those guy end up in a couple of years

That's just what I would want to hear as an NBA general manager about my first-round draft pick: 'He's really good, as long at the other team isn't paying attention to him. But when they focus on him, he's not that good.'

Also: 'He plays well against the 91st-best college team, so let's make him a multi-millionaire!'
You really know how to twist things. You're insane.

I think SLU's got this one...Perkins has outscored Fordham all by himself early in the second half.

Tough loss for Hofstra. JMU's first lead of the game came with under 2 minutes to go.

You really know how to twist things. You're insane.
He was 15 of 48 from three in your six biggest games of the year (Bona twice, Utah State, WVU, Memphis, Penn State). He got fat against all the other dogs you played. Good for him. That doesn't equate to first-round draft pick. Although I certainly am rooting for him to turn pro so that we won't have to face a world-beater like him anymore.

Ive just inked both Bones and Fatts to represent them for the draft. I figure between the two of them I can assemble one anatomically correct player that probably makes it to the G League.

He was 15 of 48 from three in your six biggest games of the year (Bona twice, Utah State, WVU, Memphis, Penn State). He got fat against all the other dogs you played. Good for him. That doesn't equate to first-round draft pick. Although I certainly am rooting for him to turn pro so that we won't have to face a world-beater like him anymore.
Yet again, the actual experts disagree. Ramble all you want.

By the way, CBS Sports showed four A10 teams and whether or not they're Dancing. Guess who's the only team they didn't have Dancing.

Ive just inked both Bones and Fatts to represent them for the draft. I figure between the two of them I can assemble one anatomically correct player that probably makes it to the G League.
My dog just started salivating at my computer monitor.

Yet again, the actual experts disagree. Ramble all you want.

By the way, CBS Sports showed four A10 teams and whether or not they're Dancing. Guess who's the only team they didn't have Dancing.
No shit! We haven't played a game in three weeks, of course we're not in right now. We still have by far the best win of anyone in the league and more Q1 wins than anyone in the league.

No shit! We haven't played a game in three weeks, of course we're not in right now. We still have by far the best win of anyone in the league and more Q1 wins than anyone in the league.
LOL. I don't care what the NET says, Memphis and Utah State are turning out to be better wins than Loyola. VCU is also 5-1 on the road. You're not Dancing regardless. Even if you really do come back tomorrow. And again, Bones (and others) will torch your defense. Good luck next year.

Last edited:
Yep, our program is pretty much run like a dictatorship (something a lot of vcu students want for our country)
This is very rich, considering I'm willing to bet big money that your dictators are Trumpers. They sure have a lot in common. Losing is one thing. Blowing away money is another. But yeah, VCU students are the problem.

LOL. I don't care what the NET says, Memphis and Utah State are turning out to be better wins than Loyola. VCU is also 5-1 on the road. You're not Dancing regardless. Even if you really do come back tomorrow. And again, Bones (and others) will torch your defense. Good luck next year.
We are 5-1 on the road also, and Memphis and Utah State are not better wins than Loyola or even close to it. That's laughable. Loyola is ranked and about to enter the NET top-10. Utah State is 51 and Memphis is 61. Neither one ranked. Only USU with even an outside chance at making the tourney without a conference title. That NBA scout you've been getting advice from is really not good for you.

Reactions: SpiderDogg
Loyola is somehow ranked 13th in NET despite having 0 top 100 NET wins before today. Explain that to me. Seems laughable to me.

Their best win before today was against Missouri State, who happens to also have 0 top 100 NET wins. Loyola's second best win was a team who is rated 122 merely because they beat Loyola, otherwise Indiana State's best win is a Q3. Explain that as well.

Memphis and USU have 6 combined Top 100 wins. USU has 2 Q1 wins. They play in better conferences.

This is why the NET is just one factor to the Selection Committee.

Loyola is somehow ranked 13th in NET despite having 0 top 100 NET wins before today. Explain that to me. Seems laughable to me.

Their best win before today was against Missouri State, who happens to also have 0 top 100 NET wins. Loyola's second best win was a team who is rated 122 merely because they beat Loyola, otherwise Indiana State's best win is a Q3. Explain that as well.

Memphis and USU have 6 combined Top 100 wins. USU has 2 Q1 wins. They play in better conferences.

This is why the NET is just one factor to the Selection Committee.
Loyola would wax the floor with either of those teams, that's why it's ranked much higher than either one. Beating Memphis and Utah State ain't sniffing you a bid. Then of course there's that little matter of you having zero Q1 wins rearing its ugly head again. Tsk tsk.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT