ADVERTISEMENT

The competition thread

Well, I'm totally convinced now. A Kentucly player leaving after two years for the NBA after a successful career in the SEC is definitely the same as a VCU player leaving after two years for the NBA after dominating Fordham and Lasalle. Actually, he should probably be a top-10 pick, now that I think about it. Can't wait to see him in the league next year!

Reactions: plydogg
Hyland's stats last night on the road at Dayton while guarding Crutcher and getting doubled:

40 minutes

6-11 FG

3-5 3PT

4-5 FT

5 rebounds

3 assists

19 points

1 steal

1 block

1 foul

Zero turnovers

Efficient.

The A10 was 6-1 against the SEC this season, but keep going.

Last edited:
Drake's leading scorer and second-leading rebounder is out for a month after foot surgery. The MVC title is there for Loyola's taking.

Hyland's stats last night on the road at Dayton while guarding Crutcher and getting doubled:

40 minutes

6-11 FG

3-5 3PT

4-5 FT

5 rebounds

3 assists

19 points

1 steal

1 block

1 foul

Zero turnovers

Efficient.

The A10 was 6-1 against the SEC this season, but keep going.
I like dem Bones, good player. I like our guards, but I guess Rhoades has figured out you can recruit guards 6'2" and over. I did hear Mooney requested St. Marys to play Havoc vs US, but the d3 coach was contacted by Shaka's lawyer who threatened a law suit. So it will be a sagging zone.

Reactions: LionNation540
Watching this vcu game there is no shot Ur beats vcu this week coming off a long layoff.

VCU v Bonnie’s both teams look discombobulated but calls are surely going the hippies way

I think we actually want VCU to win here. Don't particularly want to play them if they are coming off a home loss, plus bona at 8-3 is much easier to catch than 9-2. And we still get VCU twice so I'd rather have two top-50 wins.

So sick of our program and board making excuses. I remember posting about Hassan Ward on here. I said we should have been recruiting him. NO, the board said not a fit, blah blah blah. Instead we got Grace with 0 d1 offers. We could use Hassan, or the freshman at Delaware, or a bunch of legit interior players that should have been in our reach, but always excuses. Too much.

I think we actually want VCU to win here. Don't particularly want to play them if they are coming off a home loss, plus bona at 8-3 is much easier to catch than 9-2. And we still get VCU twice so I'd rather have two top-50 wins.
Another gift to VCU

Both our wins against VCU now will look very nice on our resume on selection day. And if we get to play bona again, I think we redeem ourselves.

So sick of our program and board making excuses. I remember posting about Hassan Ward on here. I said we should have been recruiting him. NO, the board said not a fit, blah blah blah. Instead we got Grace with 0 d1 offers. We could use Hassan, or the freshman at Delaware, or a bunch of legit interior players that should have been in our reach, but always excuses. Too much.
How about Justin Mutts at Virginia Tech? He was a guy I remember being on UR’s radar and ended up going to Delaware before transferring to Tech and becoming a starter for a team that is ranked 16th in the nation and competing for an ACC title.

Reactions: spider23
Mutts is actually on his third school. Started out at High Point.

Sadly, I dont think we can beat the VCU virus if we cant even beat the COVID virus. COVID is temporary, herpes are forever.

Took a game we were due to play. Vcu keeps taking our lunch money. Some year you’d think it would upset our leaders at UR.

They r ahead of us in the hierarchy. They’ll beat Bonnies at home too. When they do our game may just be a luxury for them. Yet we need desperately to sweep & may only get them once. Or zero knowing us.

Yep. 9th place preseason poll vcu will be able to play loose. Our game has become as expected close to a luxury for them. Meanwhile 1st place preseason poll Richmond will play tighter than John Hardt’s regatta blazer.

Reactions: Spiders4ever
That's rich, truly. Congrats on your Q2 win. Planning on getting any Q1 wins anytime? We've got a couple already.

That's rich, truly. Congrats on your Q2 win. Planning on getting any Q1 wins anytime? We've got a couple already.
Imagine how insecure you have to be as a "fan" (And I do use that term quite loosely considering the username has no affiliation with the school or city and only posts on here) to come on here bragging about how well your team follows protocols that in some instances are based on pure luck and havent even run its course, compared to actual quality victories on their resume.

LOL I see mommy turned the internet back on and let someone stay up late tonight after their huge win. Does she review your insults from the upstairs computer as you $h!t-whistle from the basement? You are doing a disservice to all the previous VDU trolls that have nothing better to do with their lives and frequent the board with that weak smack talk.

La Salle is only .5 games behind all mighty Rhode Island....try harder. Get some q1 wins and come back. It may take a while...

Last edited:
@Ferrum Spider what's "weak" is your weak mods deleting normal posts.

Beat VCU once this season, then come back.

Make the NCAA this season, then come back. VCU already has the resume. Sorry.
Yep, our program is pretty much run like a dictatorship (something a lot of vcu students want for our country) but have to agree that right now vcu has the resume, UR doesn’t. I should’ve bet on vcu to finish higher than 9th because I knew they would be back in a big way this year, turns out I was right.

Reactions: Spiders4ever
@Ferrum Spider
Make the NCAA this season, then come back. VCU already has the resume. Sorry.

Come back where? To the only board I post on? Funny you only seem to do that after VCU wins and disappear after every loss.

I have no desire to go on the ram nation circle jerk but if I didn’t I would at least include my team in their user name and have some creative banter.

The only thing you need to apologize for is your mother carrying you to a full term.

LOL. Okay, FERRUM spider.

@Eight Legger Bones is the 28th pick to the 76ers in this mock draft. In case you didn't know, that's the first round.

Yeah, I heard NBA teams were just lining up for him after his 3-12 effort from three last night. I know I was super impressed by it!

• Haha
Anyway, tight game between Drake and Loyola at the half. A little surprised Drake is up by three considering they don’t have Hemphill and had some foul trouble. Krutwig has looked a little uncomfortable out there…missed a few bunnies, turned it over a few times, only got a couple of boards.

Reactions: ChoppinBroccoli
Loyola into the top-10 of NET with a win here? Can't be too many bubble teams with a better win than this one of ours right now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT