ADVERTISEMENT

St. Bonaventure

This is where the rubber meets the road. KenPom has this a one point Spiders win. Need to hold serve at home. Not liking the set up. We were pretty rusty. Now off for another week, while Bonnie's get a warm up against VCU and practice at the RC with Mooney serving lemonade and cookies after.

You didn't hear it from me but later this week u can find Mark Schmidt staying at the Westin on Broad under the name "Juan Bid"

Let's see, 8-5 and a great home record leaves me hopeful for a win.

On the other hand, a loss would leave UR 8-6, which is a winning percentage of .571, within the margin of error of the 19 year historical average..

Reactions: Spiders4ever
Will get a better read on the Bonnies after Wednesday, but watched their game against Akron and they looked very good on D. Lots of experienced players due to high portal usage and played smart. Have rotations in the post positions that are going to be trouble for Spiders. Afraid it is going to come down to outside shooting, a Forum favorite topic.

By far the best opponent to visit the RC so far this season. Going to need the A game in the new year.

Visiting teams always get a practice or shootaround at the game site. Not sure why you think St. Bona's should be treated differently.

Reactions: urfan1
Visiting teams always get a practice or shootaround at the game site. Not sure why you think St. Bona's should be treated differently.
From what I recall, there was a post in the past about I believe St B that they were given multiple days of practice in the RC prior to a game due to their staying in RVA after a previous game with the Rams. That would not be a “standard” offer. I think this is what the OP was referring to.

Reactions: Eight Legger
Exactly Native, they got multiple days to get comfortable and then had a very good shooting game. NOT standard.
No problem with treating an opponent as we would like to be treated if the roles were reversed. I don't think Bonas would make us practice at the Olean Armory or Bishop Walsh HS if we were there for more than a day.

Reactions: VT4700
Ticket demand for this game must be incredibly high, because we are promoting an eight-tickets-for-$40 deal. So, if you're one of the many, many people in the metro area trying to decide how to entertain your family of 8 Saturday night, here you go!

Good result for us tonight. Vcu loses 1 but that in turn increases our odds Sat imo. Originally saw this game as a L for us but I’ve changed to a W. Much rather face them coming off a win. Bonnies r pretty good but I don’t think they’ll shoot it as well, & most teams haven’t vs. UR esp the 3 ball. Got it out of system tonight. I don’t think they can pull off the double double winning back to back in Richmond 2 years in a row over vcu & us either. Credit if they do.

We’ve also had all week to run scout. While Schmidt will have ‘em prepared the bona players might come in a little over confident too after tonight. & way too many distractions down at the Westin. Plus u know u always win home games as a tiny inconsequential favorite. all the external factors r really now in our favor w tonight’s result contributing.

Richmond mortal lock.

Good result for us tonight. Vcu loses 1 but that in turn increases our odds Sat imo. Originally saw this game as a L for us but I’ve changed to a W. Much rather face them coming off a win. Bonnies r pretty good but I don’t think they’ll shoot it as well, & most teams haven’t vs. UR esp the 3 ball. Got it out of system tonight. I don’t think they can pull off the double double winning back to back in Richmond 2 years in a row over vcu & us either. Credit if they do.

We’ve also had all week to run scout. While Schmidt will have ‘em prepared the bona players might come in a little over confident too after tonight. & way too many distractions down at the Westin. Plus u know u always win home games as a tiny inconsequential favorite. all the external factors r really now in our favor w tonight’s result contributing.

Richmond mortal lock.
Bonnie looked good. Handled VCU with ease at the Siegal Center, which is never easy. Although, I did spy plenty of empty seats at Costco, perhaps someone has overpriced their audience.

Bonnie looked good. Handled VCU with ease at the Siegal Center, which is never easy. Although, I did spy plenty of empty seats at Costco, perhaps someone has overpriced their audience.
Didn’t check but heard last night‘s tickets were 2 for $20?

Yes a decent amount. 83% of capacity per ESPN, who I never trust w numbers. I don't think the timing of a 9 PM game right after new years helps at all, but that would have been a sellout in the shaka or slick willy days.

Schmidt won back to back years there, in 2 years he probably equaled Moon career wins there. I think 2 total. And the only game we've handled them easier than Bonny did last night, ever in Mooney era, imo was back in 2010 s16 year but at home. Of course vcu went to F4 that season so they don't care.

Yes a decent amount. 83% of capacity per ESPN, who I never trust w numbers. I don't think the timing of a 9 PM game right after new years helps at all, but that would have been a sellout in the shaka or slick willy days.

Schmidt won back to back years there, in 2 years he probably equaled Moon career wins there. I think 2 total. And the only game we've handled them easier than Bonny did last night, ever in Mooney era, imo was back in 2010 s16 year but at home. Of course vcu went to F4 that season so they don't care.
I think the 9pm start was CBS Sports. They wanted Dayton 7pm, so VCU got the 9.

And I think we did ok there Golden & Gilly’s Freshman year…

We beat them 67-52 there in 2018. Biggest lead was 21.

Didn’t check but heard last night‘s tickets were 2 for $20?
Yep, two for $20.24. I am on their email list because I do this thing where I buy a bunch of season tickets to their games, then resell all but the UR game and make a huge profit. It's a really amazing idea that I'm shocked none of their fans have ever figured out to do in reverse...

Ticket demand for this game must be incredibly high, because we are promoting an eight-tickets-for-$40 deal. So, if you're one of the many, many people in the metro area trying to decide how to entertain your family of 8 Saturday night, here you go!
Well, it doesn't have to be a family of 8. Maybe you can't relate, but some people could invite a bunch of friends or co workers.

• Haha
Reactions: GKiller
Friends? Coworkers? What are those? I have no idea. (Lighten up, I was just making a joke. I've just never seen us offering 8-packs of tickets before.)

We beat them 67-52 there in 2018. Biggest lead was 21.

thx, that counts. I was sure there were 2 wins at Siegel but only the Briante injury game was coming to mind. tbh i had to look up 2018, maybe forgettable due to a 12-20 season, but when Moon is 8-24 lifetime I should probably remember all 8.

I am glad SBU beat VCU, mainly because I didn't think they were going to go 0-2 on this RVA trip. I say we win a close one.
Agreed on the first half. No way they go 0-2 on this trip. They could go 2-0 though. But I think a win against VCU might lead them to be bit more fat and happy, instead of angry and focused. That is my hope at least.

thx, that counts. I was sure there were 2 wins at Siegel but only the Briante injury game was coming to mind. tbh i had to look up 2018, maybe forgettable due to a 12-20 season, but when Moon is 8-24 lifetime I should probably remember all 8.
Actually, that is why I do remember it. We were 4-13 KenPom 228 and after the game they were asking “Who are these guys?”

Plus 2 wins over VCU when only 12 total was shocking…

Listened to local sports radio for few minutes they were crying about loss, talking about SBs 2 big men and how few could match up with them. But criticized minute distribution also, interesting said JaNel's dad (uncle?) was active on social media complaining about lack of playing time for JaNel.

Yep, two for $20.24. I am on their email list because I do this thing where I buy a bunch of season tickets to their games, then resell all but the UR game and make a huge profit. It's a really amazing idea that I'm shocked none of their fans have ever figured out to do in reverse...
Some.do as I've seen it on their chat board...of course , their tickets often command a higher public price than ours😬

talking about SBs 2 big men and how few could match up with them.
They are right about this part. Hopefully Quinn is ready to go for more minutes than usual as I doubt Walz’s injury goes away that quickly. Even with Neil, I am expecting to see some opponent highlights down low. Definitely glad Bonnies aren’t looking for first A10 road win anymore, but I don’t think that is much help for Spiders. How comfortable they are shooting the ball in the RC (hit over 50% from 3 on Broad St) and whether the Spiders can play a complete 40 minutes will be the difference.

You should go to their board and tell them…a couple of hundred times…

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT