ADVERTISEMENT

spring practice

Mar 12, 2015
Does anyone know the football spring practice schedule?? I have not seen one yet and it starts next week.

Would assume Spring ball starts next week.given that Spring game is 4/18.NCAA has strict protocols to follow.

Each team is allowed 15 practice sessions, which includes intrasquad scrimmages and the spring game. Not included in those 15 allowable sessions are any days when athletic activities are limited solely to conditioning and/or review of game film.

Here are some of the specific conditions regarding the 15 practices sessions:

All practice sessions must be conducted within a period of 34 consecutive days.
Players' involvement in athletically related activities is limited to a maximum of four hours per day and 20 hours per week.
Helmets are the only piece of protective equipment allowed to be worn for noncontact practices.
Only 12 of the practice sessions may involve contact, and no contact is allowed in the first two practice sessions.
Of the 12 contact practices, eight may involve tackling. No more than three of the tackling sessions can be devoted primarily to 11-on-11 scrimmages (greater than 50 percent of the practice time).
Tackling is prohibited in four of the 12 contact sessions. Each school has the discretion to determine the practice activities (other than tackling) that may occur during the four contact non-tackling sessions, as well as what protective equipment is worn by players.
The spring game counts as one of the three sessions allowed to be devoted primarily to 11-on-11 scrimmages.

This post was edited on 3/13 11:02 AM by 32counter

This is a critical spring for us as we need to find our QB--if we don't have him locked up by the end of spring ball it would seem that n one was good enough to win the job.

Lauletta is going to be the primary QB due to his passing ability. Have heard since he was a freshman that
He was the real deal and just had more experience ahead of him.

Has anyone been out to see the practices. How are we looking.

Hoping to get there for the game and maybe an additional practice or two.

I watched practice this morning. Rocco stated that he was pleased with practice. He was impressed by their energy and athleticism.

Jamal Bevels impresses me, He looked bigger and better than Reggie Diggs.

Rocco also told them to go to church tomorrow.

agree Counter...would love to break the bad New Hampshire mojo!

with the NH Wildcats 11/7 (road)...the southern Wildcats 11/14 (road)...and the Indians 11/21 its going to be an interesting November...throw in JMU 10/24 (road) and it's pretty brutal...

the schedule makers did us no favors with three of the CAA's traditionally competitive teams on the road...but we all know Coach Rocco likes November games...

Go Spiders!

The Spider Gang Group Facebook Page

Watched a decent amount of practice yesterday.

Impressed by the development of Klibert. He's a monster slotted for RT. OL 1's are Richter, High, Vergos, Klibert from L to R at this point.

I like our depth in the middle of our D but am concerned about where edge pass rush is coming from.

There were alot of uniform number changes not updated on website. I was struggling with who was who. If he was out there, he wasn't standing out to me.

Wortham, Muse, Craig and Clyde look like a real nice rotation at DT.

Broadus has really been throwing well lately. Giving Lauletta a run for his money, as they are the only 2 qbs. WR corp is strong as expected, Bevels with the best spring so far. With Fisher out, Green and Hamlin getting all the touches. Moon mostly a FB now.

Ogunniyi and Mainsah doing well at CB, however depth behind them still an issue. Look for Jariell Jordan to possibly jump to the #3 spot over Miller.

2 best bright spots so far are Helkowski who is killing to ball, and the young LBs. Dale Matthews, Trey Moore, and Chad Wiggins are all 3 'hits' in terms of recruiting. Omar Howard still playing well as well as the transfer Norris

Another slow day for the offense, but the wind really was going all of practice. We potentially broke the record for most drops in an official practice. I stopped at 14. Quarterbacks threw well again, just not a lot of help. Obviously this isn't the norm and hoping it looks better come the spring game

Football coverage this Spring has been conspicuously absent.Gotta believe that Danny/coaches are intentionally lowering expectations.

32Counter... I agree on the coverage. I have been very disappointed being remote and really not having real and up to date video footage, photo gallaries (there was 1) or any kind of write ups etc.

I have another son and other players I follow at other FCS schools and their coverage has been great.

Wish, now that basketball has been done, it would be increased.

On another note, Really appreciate the posters who have been there and post some of their comments, concerns etc from the Spring practice.. Thanks for that..

Still splitting time, but Broadus is holding his own right now. Thought Lauletta would be separating himself but they've been even all spring

Ugly knee while blocking during a run play. Play wasn't even coming near him, complete freak accident. Tests today but it doesn't look great

Torn ACL

Look for Dashon Tibbs to step up into the #3 or #4 role. Diggs and Brown the clear #1 and #2 but Tibbs and Porter Abell working at 3 and 4 now.

Really sorry to hear it. Hope that he can stay positive though the rehab, use his redshirt, and be ready to go for 16. Will need Brown and Diggs to stay healthy.

As for QB - nothing against Broadus, but i was really hoping KL would be able to separate himself and develop into a clear cut #1. the longer the battle the more I worry neither one will be able to carry us to where we want to go. Hope Hamlin has broad shoulders.

We have 3 incoming WR's in 2015 Class.Gotta figure at least one of those will be playing.The kid from LC Bird-Tyler Wilkins-can play.

This post was edited on 4/3 11:29 PM by 32counter

I like Abell as the 3rd wide receiver. He is a guy a guy with alot of versatility and i think would do really well as a slot receiver. I agree with the post above that we really need Diggs and Brown to stay healthy with Bevels out.

DT, would say Lauletta is winning, but closer then expected. both still learning and installing playbook as well

that really doesn't surprise me, Broaddus has had several years of more concentrated practice -- Lauletta has has to learn with little time under the gun

History has proven that we need two, maybe three, good quarterbacks.

With 2/3's of Practices Done and only 1/3 left.... for those of you in the "know" and those who have been present at practices... let us that haven't been their, know where we were at..

From what I have read, heard and seen,

QB's are learning, but no real #1 yet...

RB's look deep and strong

DL looks like it could be a strong point.

WR looks ok, but was hurt with the Bevels Injury.

Looking to shore up LB Core - but some positives seen so far

DB's look pretty good, but lake depth

OL is an unknown right now, learning

Safety's have some injuries and need some folks to emerge.

Other notes... players are being moved to see if they are a better fit or can impact better in different roles.

Last, a good bit of special teams work, which has been a pleasant surprise and may be a strength.

Thats all I could gleam.. Add as you see fit or if I was incorrect.. ha ha.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT