ADVERTISEMENT

Preseason Practice begins Friday,August 4

32counter

Spider's Club
Apr 8, 2008
Siesta Key,FL
All practices will take place at Robins Stadium. Players will alternate between wearing helmets, shells (helmets and shoulder pads) and full pads over the course of the 19-session camp. The team will practice five days before taking an off day and repeat the schedule until Saturday, Aug. 26. All camp dates are open to the public and are subject to change.

Last edited:
2023 Training Camp Schedule

Friday 8/4 9:30-11:30 a.m. (Helmets)
Saturday 8/5 8:45-11:00 a.m. (Helmets)
Sunday 8/6 8:45-11:00 a.m. (Shells)
Monday 8/7 8:45-11:00 a.m. (Shells)
Tuesday 8/8 8:45-11:00 a.m. (Shells)
Thursday 8/10 8:45-11:00 a.m. (Full pads)
Friday 8/11 8:45-11:00 a.m. (Shells)
Saturday 8/12 8:45-11:00 a.m. (Scrimmage, Full pads)
Sunday 8/13 8:45-11:00 a.m. (Helmets)
Monday 8/14 8:45-11:00 a.m. (Shells)
Wednesday 8/16 8:45-11:00 a.m. (Full pads)
Thursday 8/17 8:45-11:00 a.m. (Shells)
Friday 8/18 8:45-10:00 a.m. (Helmets)
Saturday 8/19 11:30 a.m. (Scrimmage, Full pads)
Tuesday 8/22 8:45-11:00 a.m. (Shells)
Wednesday 8/23 8:45-11:00 a.m. (Shells)
Thursday 8/24 6:00 p.m. (Shells)
Friday 8/25 5:45 p.m.(Shells)
Saturday 8/26 6:00 p.m. (Shells)

Love the approach and the mindset. The expectation is to win. Period. No excuses. No sandbagging “compete” type of language. This should be the standard for all UR sports.
DT I couldn’t agree more with your post. It took Coach Huesman too long for most fans to get back to the Championship and Playoff battle, but now that he’s there I like the way he’s handling it so far.

Also thought Coach seemed confident and more willing to be positive than in the past. Hopefully that means he really likes this squad.

Go Spiders!

I believe Camp Notebook is a new preseason feature…at least I don’t remember it from prior seasons.

Kudos to the PR folks and whoever put it together. I thought it was well done and interesting.

No doubt the foundation for all offensive success is the O-line. I hope the Spiders are able to take full advantage of it.

Go Spiders!

putting on my amateur ticket selling hat again...the Spiders need more new fans...

Coach Caso has it figured out with his recruiting "tweet" above... noting the football at Richmond is strong enough to attract NFL scouts...he trying to get the attention of potential recruits and sell them on the UR program...

there's no reason the NFL visits could not be leveraged in the same way to football fans and potential ticket buyers who might not realize Spiders football players draw NFL attention...

something like Spiders football includes NFL caliber talent...it's the only D-1 football in town...come to The Brick House and see for your self....

Go Spiders!

In follow up...and perhaps better posted on the marketing thread.

FCS is not understood by many, perhaps most, FBS fans, let alone the general public. Tend to think of it as Pee Wee football. Hard to reel them in as attendees to a FCS game without dispelling this notion.

Somehow Spiders need to weave into an ad campaign how many FCS players have excelled in the NFL - Jerry Rice, Michael Strahan, Charles Haley, Kurt Warner, Randy Moss, Terrell Owens, etc., etc. Sell the FCS generally and Spider football specifically. Weave in how many Spiders over the years have found a place in the NFL.

"Hey, come to most any FCS game and you will see players that you will see on Sundays in the future. Great entertain, reasonably priced, football fan and child friendly atmosphere, you don't have to hike to the stadium, stand in endless lines for restrooms or food, and face endless traffic snarls getting home. Give it a try. You won't be disappointed"

In follow up...and perhaps better posted on the marketing thread.

FCS is not understood by many, perhaps most, FBS fans, let alone the general public. Tend to think of it as Pee Wee football. Hard to reel them in as attendees to a FCS game without dispelling this notion.

Somehow Spiders need to weave into an ad campaign how many FCS players have excelled in the NFL - Jerry Rice, Michael Strahan, Charles Haley, Kurt Warner, Randy Moss, Terrell Owens, etc., etc. Sell the FCS generally and Spider football specifically. Weave in how many Spiders over the years have found a place in the NFL.

"Hey, come to most any FCS game and you will see players that you will see on Sundays in the future. Great entertain, reasonably priced, football fan and child friendly atmosphere, you don't have to hike to the stadium, stand in endless lines for restrooms or food, and face endless traffic snarls getting home. Give it a try. You won't be disappointed"
KE great points...really like your final paragraph which sums up how spontaneous, almost stress free and relatively inexpensive a D-1 college football game can be at Robins...I call it low stress football

Go Spiders!

Reactions: urfan1
Intrasquad scrimmages are really difficult to take much away from but if the WRs are able to make plays we could be a dangerous team.

Also, I do appreciate the coverage. Seems like our media has increased since preactice started.

I was impressed with the fast short game that winston is employing. agree these young receivers need to step up. was not as impressed with Isaiah wilson. quit on one ; dropped one, looked slow....Russ really gave it to him; pulled him off. Savon smith has put on weight in his thighs. very impressive. the short passing game of 16) KW is very strong. wait to you see him run. the guy is a load!!

Certainly not in line with Jabba’s “Everything is Awesome” approach 🤣

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT