ADVERTISEMENT

2023 Richmond Spiders Football - Opponents Countdown - Delaware State

I did not know that this exists, guess that is why it seems it is only for donations! At least the description about it suggests that.

Reactions: whampas
Aren't these the types of things that David Walsh oversaw while he was here? Is his replacement asleep on the job?
the guy in charge of facility and events is raymond tucker 804 289-8240 cell. I spoke to him on the cushion seats that were replaced for hard back .10cent seats on the platform for the first game. did you notice new seats sat. he can get things done. the administration just overlooks details. he's a rather quiet guy so don't beat on him, just tell him. all good points spoken here!!

Reactions: Mo 2.0 and DTSpider
I did not know that this exists, guess that is why it seems it is only for donations! At least the description about it suggests that.
It is the fundraising arm, but they will listen and try to help. Why would they want unhappy supporters?

That Spider Club page is from 2017. It was renamed back to Spider Athletic Fund three years ago.

Color me unsurprised that outdated info remains on the site.

I have found them very willing to listen and help where they can.

Big picture - and flags and trashcans aside - I don't sense that anyone in UR Athletics is willing to admit that there are any problems. They think everything is going great!

Until there's a change in that thinking, I really don't see anything being changed or fixed.

Big picture - and flags and trashcans aside - I don't sense that anyone in UR Athletics is willing to admit that there are any problems. They think everything is going great!

Until there's a change in that thinking, I really don't see anything being changed or fixed.

Agree wholeheartedly.UR athletics department lives in an immune bubble of their own reality.Starts with Hardt who wouldn’t survive downtown or at any other D-1 school in Virginia.There is no preciseness and no accountability among the group.Selling advertising time/space is much more important than the art of selling tickets to the retail public.With a $3.5 billion endowment available to feed from the trough,it’s easy to fake your importance.Nobody is on the hook for anything.

32- what do you think it would take for anyone to realize there are problems? Or is that an impossibility because of the $3.5B pile that the school sits on?

32- what do you think it would take for anyone to realize there are problems? Or is that an impossibility because of the $3.5B pile that the school sits on?

A scandal or two inside RC would help to push out leadership and install a new AD and his do-nothing minions.I know that a number of the coaches would applaud that.

Barring that from happening,someone with a larger checkbook than Queally has to enter the picture.

I was at the game, and I’d say a few thousand. FEW. Not sure what the official count was, but there were lots of vacant seats.
Attendance was 4,936, which leaves 3,764 unsold. Have we had that bad of an attendance number at a regular season game since the stadium opened?

Attendance was 4,936, which leaves 3,764 unsold. Have we had that bad of an attendance number at a regular season game since the stadium opened?
Outside playoffs and the COVID-restricted spring 2021 games, it does appear to be our lowest announced total at RS.

Reactions: ur2K
iT dOeSn'T mAtTeR. ThE new cLuB seats are FuLl aNd LaSt YeAr'S sPiDeR gIvInG DaY wAs rEcOrD-bReAkInG. EvErYtHiNg iS aWeSoMe.

The problem runs much deeper than the athletic department. You have people in charge who have zero interest in winning.
Football and basketball program coaches with approximately 50 50 records for their tenures validate your statement. Obviously those records hiring date to current are good enough.

Posted these sentiments this morning, but deleted them almost immediately bc felt bad about being negative after a win.

Something seemed out of sync yesterday. First time can remember no cardboard receptacles in tailgate lots for trash. No flags were flying over President's box. Three empty flag poles. Never seen that before since the stadium opened. Scoreboard statistics kept popping up in 3Q, but had not been updated since half. Just a lot of stuff like this, some admittedly trivial, but makes you wonder what is going on.

Too many penalties on field again. Sloppy. Yesterday, we seemed to be sloppy off the field too.

Hey, we won. Focus on the good and seek to make it even better.

They are hiring someone in mid season.Talk about being behind the 8 ball.

Darius Smith left in June to join the Commanders after spending just a year at UR. Not sure why it took three months to fill the open position.

Darius Smith left in June to join the Commanders after spending just a year at UR. Not sure why it took three months to fill the open position.

Walsh leaving in July plus the new guy not knowing where the Men’s room is/was and Darius leaving in June seems to all fit the profile of cluelessness and unpreparedness especially with the Football season around the corner.

Walsh successor:

“..Butler assumed the Deputy Director of Athletics/Chief Operating Officer role at Richmond in May 2023 following 12 years at Niagara University. Butler oversees UR's Athletics Public Relations, Gameday Experience & Marketing, Ticketing, and Facilities operations and provides administrative leadership and strategic planning for the Spiders…”

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT