ADVERTISEMENT

2023 Richmond Spiders Football - Opponents Countdown - Delaware State

mojo-spider

Team Manager
Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010

the Hornets could be the perfect opponent for the Spiders who'll be coming off of the BCS game and preparing for the CAA opener the following week...

the Morgan State opener could be a preview of this one as Delaware State is also projected to finish in the lower half of the MEAC...

we should be prohibitive favorites regardless of what happens in East Lansing... this game gives us a chance to have ourselves ready for the CAA battle if we don't get caught looking ahead...

I hope it'll demonstrate the progress we've made on the field after two more weeks of practice and two games...to stay in the CAA Championship battle I expect we'll have to get better every week...

enjoy the Countdown...

Go Spiders!

Reactions: urfan1
The two deep has both Haggerty at TE and Grant at DE listed, hope they both are recovering quickly and only suffered minor dings last week.

Salyers on the OL is missing, other than that the rest looked about normal.

Reactions: urfan1
The two deep has both Haggerty at TE and Grant at DE listed, hope they both are recovering quickly and only suffered minor dings last week.

Salyers on the OL is missing, other than that the rest looked about normal.

NC

Where did you find the 2 deep?Couldn't find in the game notes from last games.Thanks.

NC

Where did you find the 2 deep?Couldn't find in the game notes from last games.Thanks.
richmondspiders.com

It was an article from 9/12/23 about last non-conference game. When I clicked on it, it was game notes. I scrolled down and it was there.

Page 6 of 28

Reactions: 32counter
Obviously unable to see this one from aware (not paying FloSports) but listening over the radio. Sounds like we’re starting to lean into our superior talent level. Sounded like another slow start.

I've never called myself a Matt Smith fan, but listening to the broadcast, he's not the "company hack" he use to be. Very refreshing that he's telling it like it is.

Was at game, good to get a win, even if expected, KW over 80%, we finally gave him time to work. Played better, but more to work on, espec clean up the penalties.

End of half aggressiveness pays off with a long TD to Garcia. takes this towards blowout territory (where it should be) with 3 TDs in the 2nd quarter.
Agree. We have to figure out ways to get the ball more often to Jerry Garcia… he can get open down the field like today as well as make the first man miss…also catches it if he can get his hands on it…he just makes plays!

Go Spiders!

Reactions: DTSpider and urfan1
Nice to see the celebrations. I hope there are big posters of Morgan state celebrating in the Brick House. Morgan State lost to Towson 20-10 yesterday.

Looked like a crowd of hundreds from the video I saw. Nice to get the kind of win we should have, though. Hopefully we can run off a few now.

Richmond gets ball rolling - through the air - in 38-6 win over Delaware State

NO coverage of game on richmondspiders.com.No nothing.

LAX,Soccer,XC,Field Hockey,Golf all covered.No football.
No post game interview with Coach Huesman and players that I’ve been able to find…

Scoreboards showed final score of Morgan State game in pregame and until after the game started when somebody noticed and fixed it.,,

Ha! Maybe they’re short handed, but shouldn’t you test the scoreboard before the game?

Go Spiders!

No post game interview with Coach Huesman and players that I’ve been able to find…

Scoreboards showed final score of Morgan State game in pregame and until after the game started when somebody noticed and fixed it.,,

Ha! Maybe they’re short handed, but shouldn’t you test the scoreboard before the game?

Go Spiders!
It's a bush league operation over there. They do more to discourage a following and attendance than to encourage it. It's getting harder for me to show up on Saturdays and I can count on all my digits the number of games that I've missed in the last 50 years.

Call the AD Department and share your concerns about the program and how it is operated concerning football . The more we show interest, the more it shows our desire to have it run properly. Silence means we don’t care🕸️🕷️🏈

• Haha
Reactions: Ferrum Spider
Call the AD Department and share your concerns about the program and how it is operated concerning football . The more we show interest, the more it shows our desire to have it run properly. Silence means we don’t care🕸️🕷️🏈
I have sent multiple emails to the administration from the ticket office to the president and everyone in between. Mostly crickets. Seems like the not caring mostly resides in Westhampton.

• Sad
Reactions: 8legs1dream
Thank you for your diligence in caring. I also have done some of this and it seems useless, but if I had to guess, we are only a few that have really expressed our concerns to the AD office’s Preformance. The sad thing is money drives decisions and the small in numbers that contribute the lion’s share of money seem to be the ones that don’t care.

Agreed, seemingly the vast share of attention is paid to those who sit behind the glassed areas at Robins Stadium. If those seats are filled (and therefore are contributing $$$$) then the rest of the stadium is apparently only worthy of passing interest.

Looked like a crowd of hundreds from the video I saw. Nice to get the kind of win we should have, though. Hopefully we can run off a few now.
I was at the game, and I’d say a few thousand. FEW. Not sure what the official count was, but there were lots of vacant seats.

Posted these sentiments this morning, but deleted them almost immediately bc felt bad about being negative after a win.

Something seemed out of sync yesterday. First time can remember no cardboard receptacles in tailgate lots for trash. No flags were flying over President's box. Three empty flag poles. Never seen that before since the stadium opened. Scoreboard statistics kept popping up in 3Q, but had not been updated since half. Just a lot of stuff like this, some admittedly trivial, but makes you wonder what is going on.

Too many penalties on field again. Sloppy. Yesterday, we seemed to be sloppy off the field too.

Hey, we won. Focus on the good and seek to make it even better.

Last edited:
Something seemed out of sync yesterday. First time can remember no cardboard receptacles in tailgate lots for trash. No flags were flying over President's box. Three empty flag poles. Never seen that before since the stadium opened. Scoreboard statistics kept popping up in 3Q, but had not been updated since half. Just a lot of stuff like this, some admittedly trivial, but makes you wonder what is going on.
Aren't these the types of things that David Walsh oversaw while he was here? Is his replacement asleep on the job?

You would know the accountability issue better than I, Mo.

Throw out another bitch, well two.

Davidson playoff game last year. Get to our accustomed tailgate spot since stadium opened only to find there are couple of Davidson tents set up and a multitude of Wildcat tailgaters there. Hell, I've given the Spiders a sizable sum of money over the years. If you are going to let the opponent into the lot, limit them to the back not the front.

Out of town, but sped to get to the Morgan State game just before kickoff. Told my lot is full so get shifted to a lot further away. How can this be? Wasn't even remotely close to a sell out. Believe got pushed out of my lot since stadium opened, bc Admin allowed visitors to park there. How much have they donated to the Spiders?

This is just plain unacceptable. My patience wears thin. Keep this stuff up and UR loses another long time faithful attendee and donor.

Reactions: whampas
Aren't these the types of things that David Walsh oversaw while he was here? Is his replacement asleep on the job?

I here this new guy’s priority includes taking attendance.His previous school,Niagara doesn’t have football.
We will miss Walsh especially since he did leave us with a secure,full football schedule through 2029.

You would know the accountability issue better than I, Mo.

Throw out another bitch, well two.

Davidson playoff game last year. Get to our accustomed tailgate spot since stadium opened only to find there are couple of Davidson tents set up and a multitude of Wildcat tailgaters there. Hell, I've given the Spiders a sizable sum of money over the years. If you are going to let the opponent into the lot, limit them to the back not the front.

Out of town, but sped to get to the Morgan State game just before kickoff. Told my lot is full so get shifted to a lot further away. How can this be? Wasn't even remotely close to a sell out. Believe got pushed out of my lot since stadium opened, bc Admin allowed visitors to park there. How much have they donated to the Spiders?

This is just plain unacceptable. My patience wears thin. Keep this stuff up and UR loses another long time faithful attendee and donor.
You need to send a letter to Spider Club, copy ticket office and AD.

It sounds like to me that we need to form a booster Spider Club and see how many supporters we can generate and see if we can have a voice that will be heard! These issues are unacceptable and if the University cares anything about our alumni and fan base that support athletics, these basic issues should never be happening.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT