ADVERTISEMENT

Ryan Soulis - 2023 Signee

There was a bit of discussion over in the Graham thread about Soulis visiting UR today, and he posted to Instagram a little while ago showing off the lightsaber. He also visited Wyoming a couple of weeks ago.

Last edited:
Can we figure out some type of honorary degree from UR to give this guy?? Maybe something like, I don't know, "Athletic Director"?
lol ... Coke had to pay this guy $10B for Vitamin Water? they couldn't come up with something like that themselves?

lol ... Coke had to pay this guy $10B for Vitamin Water? they couldn't come up with something like that themselves?
Intellectual property rights and an instant foothold as the leader in an existing market. They could have rushed something out and they'd have been in litigation hell for years with potential for an IP judgment in the billions against them at the end of it (along with invalidated IP to go with that.) Simpler to buy it.

I believe David Wright of the Mets made tens of millions in stock options by being an early spokesman. Queens, baby.

tumblr_ocoazkvNB61sc0ffqo1_500.gif

A lot of times a kid has already finished high school and is planning to prep an additional year for more exposure/offers, so it’s easy to switch gears if something comes through since they’ve already met the initial eligibility requirements. Not sure what Soulis’s academic path was, but he’s already 18.

I will give Mooney credit for seemingly shifting gears when he ran out options in the portal. Tyne and Soulis both look like really good prospects. Appears Tobe a really good 23 class on paper. Soulis looks legit 6'10 or 6'11 and could be a really good player when grows into his body a little. And like EL I am very impressed to beat out SMC for him.

I will give Mooney credit for seemingly shifting gears when he ran out options in the portal. Tyne and Soulis both look like really good prospects. Appears Tobe a really good 23 class on paper. Soulis looks legit 6'10 or 6'11 and could be a really good player when grows into his body a little. And like EL I am very impressed to beat out SMC for him.
So it seems a Golden & Gilly replacement duo might work?

Does this also confirm Graham as a walk-on (who had D1 offers)?

Reactions: urfan1
Yep, we’re at 13 without counting Graham.
this certainly explains Graham's status. we were working this since May 9th and kept that spot open. it really is a great fit for a big man like Soulis. come in with Quinn being a senior and only one other big on the roster? I'd sign up for that ... if I was 18 and 6'10".

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT