ADVERTISEMENT

New coach and basically a new team

well vcu officially 1 upped us. The NIT only factors very minimally.

There were some posters who said "what has Odom ever done", which didn't make sense even b4 vcu. One of the biggest roster overhauls in D1 and outperformed us. 1-1 h2h, went to A10 finals we lost 1st round, farher in NIT, better metrics.

Just didn't want to see Odom at VCU. & if he gets Shulga and Jackson to return watch out. They lose very little if those 2 use remaining eligibility at vcu.

I was wondering where that link would take me to ha!

With the NIT though it's always hard to gauge the desire/hunger remaining on a team, especially in that first round game. Seems like Nova was ready to pack it in.
I agree with this for the first round. But once you get past that - you got teams who want to be there. So there next game vs. South Florida will be a good measure. Also wonder who will get the home game in their next round.

There were some posters who said "what has Odom ever done", which didn't make sense even b4 vcu. One of the biggest roster overhauls in D1 and outperformed us. 1-1 h2h, went to A10 finals we lost 1st round, farher in NIT, better metrics.

Just didn't want to see Odom at VCU. & if he gets Shulga and Jackson to return watch out. They lose very little if those 2 use remaining eligibility at vcu.
They will need some portal help - like everyone else in College Basketball - so I am interested to see who they pick up. Last year - Odom brought guys with him and got Bamisile. This year - he will need some impact portal guys, so something to keep an eye on as well.

Don't forget their conference championship!

Reactions: urfan1
The RTD really loves playing up anything vcu does in glowing terms. They "shine" on "national television" against a "blue blood." Ooooooh! I think I'm going to faint in awe just from reading that! TF outta here, TD. They beat a lame Big East team that already got clobbered by St. Joe's and a bunch of other teams this year.

Odam is going to dominate the A10 and dominate Richmond for the next few years until he is so valued he leaves for a bigger job.
Really funny how CM never gets to the level where he is recruited by a P6 school.

Well, he was headed to Boston College 12 years ago when Richmond gave him a 10 year contract. Most of us were happy he was staying then after a sweet 16 run. Too bad our foresight wasn't ass good as our hindsight is now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT