ADVERTISEMENT

Robins Center Attendance Watch

ORU missed 2 FTs in a row tonight. I was really excited on my way out the door expecting to collect dozens of free bojangles coupons and not a single one to be found. Also its great to sell beer, but if you're going to charge me 8 bucks for a can, at least have some good choices.

ORU missed 2 FTs in a row tonight. I was really excited on my way out the door expecting to collect dozens of free bojangles coupons and not a single one to be found. Also its great to sell beer, but if you're going to charge me 8 bucks for a can, at least have some good choices.
Ferrum I did get a couple coupons for Bojangles this game, however last game they were nowhere to be found.

I wasn’t there today but earlier this season it was all local craft brews with some really good stuff.

I wasn’t there today but earlier this season it was all local craft brews with some really good stuff.

Unless the selection has changed from the first game consider me to be unimpressed. To each their own, though.....With all the local breweries they could do much better. If there was a similar selection to basketball-n-brews I would be more satisfied. When I see Answer, Three Notch, Triple Crossing, Final Gravity, Strangeways, Center of the Universe, Isley, Garden Grove that's when Ill be willing to shell out $8 for a can. I understand its the distributor you go through which makes it hard to pick and choose your selection from different breweries.

Through 7 games, our attendance is down right on 1000 per game from last year's average.

Figure an average ticket revenue of $10 per head and another $10 of concessions/merch and that's roughly $150,000 lost.

$150,000 is a month and a half of Mooney, give or take.

Extrapolate that over a full season and pay Nathan Davis $600,000 and we are half way to paying for Davis.

Last edited:

8 a can is the going rate for a sporting event. Also, a lot of those beers you mentioned don't sell anywhere except their brewery and maybe a couple of other places. I think the selection is fine. They're only 7 games in. I've only been to 4 games this year, and the lines are never that long for beers on my side of the arena. I hope they keep it.

8 a can is the going rate for a sporting event. Also, a lot of those beers you mentioned don't sell anywhere except their brewery and maybe a couple of other places. I think the selection is fine. They're only 7 games in. I've only been to 4 games this year, and the lines are never that long for beers on my side of the arena. I hope they keep it.

As I mentioned later in the thread I understand its a distribution issue. I'm not suggesting the jettison it, just enhance it. Can you fill me in on which sporting events in Richmond charge 8 for a can other then VdU? I can get a drafts at a kickers game with well over a dozen selection of beers for $5 and I don’t frequent The Squirrels but paid roughly 5/6 bucks the last time I was there for Hardywood brews for the 2017 season.

IMO the lines aren't long because the beer is not that good. Many of my friends like to indulge before games and we kinda shrugged our shoulders at the selection and continue our previous years regimen. As a proud graduate of URs beer brewing program I have high standards for my $8 canned beer. I certainly don't mind ponying up for quality beer but as I said to each their own (When it comes to beer taste).

Announced 5107 tonight. Are we really kidding anyone with these numbers at this point?
Not even close they must be counting season tickets sold but not used. Plus if you take out the hundreds of kids under 12 you may have a real number.

You know what I'd like to see? Partner with one of the local breweries and make a beer specifically for Spider fans. The Squirrels have Chin Music. The Nats have "Earned Run Ale". We could come up with something like that.

Reactions: Ferrum Spider
You know what I'd like to see? Partner with one of the local breweries and make a beer specifically for Spider fans. The Squirrels have Chin Music. The Nats have "Earned Run Ale". We could come up with something like that.

Brick City Ale

Reactions: whampas
As I mentioned later in the thread I understand its a distribution issue. I'm not suggesting the jettison it, just enhance it. Can you fill me in on which sporting events in Richmond charge 8 for a can other then VdU? I can get a drafts at a kickers game with well over a dozen selection of beers for $5 and I don’t frequent The Squirrels but paid roughly 5/6 bucks the last time I was there for Hardywood brews for the 2017 season.

IMO the lines aren't long because the beer is not that good. Many of my friends like to indulge before games and we kinda shrugged our shoulders at the selection and continue our previous years regimen. As a proud graduate of URs beer brewing program I have high standards for my $8 canned beer. I certainly don't mind ponying up for quality beer but as I said to each their own (When it comes to beer taste).
After the first couple, they all taste pretty much the same. At least they do tonight as I consider the state of our basketball and football programs. Geez, as I contemplate that, it time to revisit the growler.

Genesee Cream Ale, aka "Screamers" or "The Green Death." Rochester isn't THAT far away.

Genesee Cream Ale, aka "Screamers" or "The Green Death." Rochester isn't THAT far away.
Grants Golden Ale
Gilyards Go-Go-Gose
Sherrods Six Shooter Saison
Cayos Cream Ale
You can call me Sal Klosch-eissi
Francis Frambrosie
Matt Saving Grace IPA
Wojicks Wheat Ale
Andres Amber Ale
Julius Johnson’s Coco Porter
Noah’s Ark Ale

An homage to past players/greats since all that’s an NCAA violation.
TJs Belgian Triple-double
Darius Garrett Doppleblock
Kendals Kriek Lambic
Kevin Anderson Tear Dr(hop) IPA
John Belein Berlinerweise

Anyone see the big rubber balloon Spider guy take out the knee of one of our cheerleaders? Can this year get any worse?

You guys might want want to consider sending crowd pics to Twitter feed Empty Seats Galore. @EmptySeatsPics

Great funny account w plenty of followers. Richmond athletics wouldn’t like that kind of pub.

Last edited:
I wasn’t informed in advance that it was an ODU home game.

I did not make it to the game. My tickets sold on StubHub for $50/each on Tuesday night. They are good tickets, in the nice seats just a couple rows from the visiting team. I'm assuming that they were bought by an ODU fan. I don't think any UR fan would buy them at that price.

I sell a lot of tickets on StubHub. I have season tickets to both VCU and UR that I sell when I can't go. So far this year I've sold my tickets to every UR game. From a low of $10/seat to a high of $50 for the Wake and ODU games. Because I sell a lot of tickets on StubHub, I can see their metrics. They provide this to help sellers set their price. At game time there were only 6 legit tickets for sale. They all looked to me like they were overpriced or neglected sales (seller not paying attention). That is the lowest number I've seen left at the time of tip-off all year.

I also visit the ODU board a lot. From reading there I think there were a lot of ODU fans in attendance. At one point there were several hundred tickets listed on StubHub, and as I said, only six at game time.

I have tickets for sale to seven more games. The rest have already sold or I'm going to use them. I've actually already seen my A-10 Conference games start to sell. Looks like visiting fans can't wait to catch a game at UR.

Why would anyone buy UR tickets on stubhub when you can just get them for $5 or $10 from the school and sit wherever you want?

Anyone see the big rubber balloon Spider guy take out the knee of one of our cheerleaders? Can this year get any worse?
Yep, after they carried her off the court she seemed to be ok walking back with the ortho person.

I did not make it to the game. My tickets sold on StubHub for $50/each on Tuesday night. They are good tickets, in the nice seats just a couple rows from the visiting team. I'm assuming that they were bought by an ODU fan. I don't think any UR fan would buy them at that price.

I sell a lot of tickets on StubHub. I have season tickets to both VCU and UR that I sell when I can't go. So far this year I've sold my tickets to every UR game. From a low of $10/seat to a high of $50 for the Wake and ODU games. Because I sell a lot of tickets on StubHub, I can see their metrics. They provide this to help sellers set their price. At game time there were only 6 legit tickets for sale. They all looked to me like they were overpriced or neglected sales (seller not paying attention). That is the lowest number I've seen left at the time of tip-off all year.

I also visit the ODU board a lot. From reading there I think there were a lot of ODU fans in attendance.

Yeah thanks and I had to sit next to them because someone sold their season tickets to an ODU fan
I'm glad you're happy because I wouldn't do that to my neighbors

Reactions: Ulla1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT