ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Tracker

This has got Brunt written all over it. I am sure Miami was not the only ACC or FBS school offering. This is a prime example of how valuable Asst. coaches are. Asst.'s with relationships are what makes the college basketball world go around.

This has got Brunt written all over it. I am sure Miami was not the only ACC or FBS school offering. This is a prime example of how valuable Asst. coaches are. Asst.'s with relationships are what makes the college basketball world go around.
Washington Post article this morning states that Jamal Brunt "who had initially taken notice of Lykes while an associate head coach at Richmond" had offered him his first high major scholarship when he moved to Miami. Viola! It was indeed Jamal. OSC

Mite, think we lost interest in Mario due to our current stable of guards. Wish him the best. OSC
I agree, just joking that you make our list longer and I make it shorter...

Last edited:
Andrew White asked to be released from Nebraska and be a grad transfer per Jon Rothstein. Do we have room for one more lol?

Garrett's a stud...top 50-ish guy, but a little under the radar on the AAU circuit. Rivals also listing us as having offered, but looking to see if I can find a primary source on that.

Found a paywalled Scout article from early March that mentioned our offer:

There are currently no leaders for Garrett however he does have offers from Virginia Tech, Kansas, Texas, UTA, SMU, VCU, Kansas State, Oregon, Richmond and Middle Tennessee. After his season however, Garrett does plans to take visits to Oregon and Texas.

no idea who we're looking at. might be a 2018 kid. but we're out on the road.
Huntington Prep ‏@HuntingtonPrep
Coaches from Florida, Washington, WVU and Richmond were in today to see our guys!

Went by the RC this weekend and there was a recruit present in the gym. His parents were in the coaches office; nice people. OSC

no idea who we're looking at. might be a 2018 kid. but we're out on the road.
Huntington Prep ‏@HuntingtonPrep
Coaches from Florida, Washington, WVU and Richmond were in today to see our guys!
I see a bunch of guys on their roster I'd be interested in having. None of them hold an offer from us, and most of them hold offers from higher-level programs, but I'm only looking at whose listed from last year's roster.

Of note, if that's who we are there to see, it feels a bit like our time would be better spent elsewhere. He now holds over 20 offers and I'd be very, very surprised if we were legitimately in contention. I'd love to be wrong...

Of note, if that's who we are there to see, it feels a bit like our time would be better spent elsewhere. He now holds over 20 offers and I'd be very, very surprised if we were legitimately in contention. I'd love to be wrong...
I think we have a better chance with Chase than with
Micah Thomas - Maryland
Miles Bridges - Michigan State
Curtis Jones - Indiana
Decommitting...
;)

they do have a ton of talent, though. absolutely loaded in the 2018 class. but I'd be fine if they're staying in the Chase sweepstakes. we're close to an amazing class, but need a really good 4 like Johnson or Moorman or Whyte, etc...

actually, kind of need to add a 5, too. only rational explanation for zero big men being recruited is that we're all in on Bryce next year.

Knew I'd heard of them somewhere in the last month

So where did you see he was going to cut his list to 7?
So if there's some good news to be gleaned from this graphic, it's that he has at least included the Spiders while trimming Longwood, High Point, Marshall, Ohio, Duquesne, and Winthrop from his list. We've been in on him the longest of the offers he's still considering. I will rescind my prior statement, I think we should keep on him, he's at least giving us some consideration.

WV kid gets a visit from WVU. and FL brings former WVU star Darris Nichols.
this is tough comp.

Yep, we've been out of the picture with him for a long time though.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT