ADVERTISEMENT

Joe Bamisile - 2020 Offer

In 8th grade this line may be true but still sounds funny...
"Great size and length at point guard"
5'10" 130 lbs

As this kid finishes high school at St Christopher's he will have had 4 years of watching Mr Sherod at the Robins Center for those same 4 years.Hopefully,the kid will be as good and want to become a successor heir to Sherod's Spider heroics.

Somebody is waking up on the staff on how to finally recruit.Finally....Cultivating and continuing ongoing relationships with this number of young recruits is the challenge.

Last edited:
Reactions: iSpider
As this kid finishes high school at St Christopher's he will have had 4 years of watching Mr Sherod at the Robins Center for those same 4 years.Hopefully,the kid will be as good and want to become a successor heir to Sherod's Spider heroics.

Somebody is waking up on the staff on how to finally recruit.Finally....Cultivating and continuing ongoing relationships with this number of young recruits is the challenge.

Wow! Like the looks of this young man! OSC

Coach and our staff have built relationships with young players forever. you only hear about it when we offer ... doesn't mean it wasn't happening. and an offer now means nothing. just makes our interest public. not that there's anything wrong with that.

We have been so late to the party so often that our recruiting has had little past relevance.It's a reason while we are filling holes with presumed graduate transfers among others.Cultivating an offer especially to a local kid like Joseph is the challenge.Our copycat recruiting days are hopefully over.

Just for the record, it has always seemed to me that UR was often the first to offer many recruits and other colleges followed our lead. OSC

Committed to Northwestern like Robbie Beran. NW is doing a god job recruiting in Richmond.

https://www.richmond.com/sports/hig...cle_56f256a5-9df8-5a2c-83cd-62ebb19a3214.html
Sucks like a high caliber academic school is coming into our backyard and scooping up players he would be good fits for UR. But, I guess we can't compete with a school that plays its games 800 miles from here in the freezing cold winter of the Mid-West and who has been to a total of 1 NCAA tournament in its lifetime.

Reactions: spider23
we're back to complaining about Beran? his final 3 were Northwestern, GA Tech and Va Tech. what a shocking final 3 for a kid that wants engineering. can't believe an engineering kid didn't pick a school that doesn't offer an engineering degree.

Reactions: urfan1
we're back to complaining about Beran? his final 3 were Northwestern, GA Tech and Va Tech. what a shocking final 3 for a kid that wants engineering. can't believe an engineering kid didn't pick a school that doesn't offer an engineering degree.
Agreed, we had no shot at this guy based on what he wanted to study. I think it's ok to get after CM on lots of our other failings, but this one isn't it.

Reactions: gospidersgo
Agreed, we had no shot at this guy based on what he wanted to study. I think it's ok to get after CM on lots of our other failings, but this one isn't it.
we do have a path to engineering where you study physics or chemistry and then finish up at Columbia. but you'd do that if you don't get offered from the type of engineering schools he ended up with offers from. once they came on board, then we had no shot.

This thread is about Bamisile. He is also local (Monacan HS). Also going to Northwestern with Robbie Beran. I don't know what he wanted to major (something other than competing for 11th place in the A-10, I imagine) in but I was not talking about Beran.

Gave it a shot, didn't get him, we move on. If it was a much needed big man lost, could debate it. Mooney has enough quality shooting guards at his disposal.

This thread is about Bamisile. He is also local (Monacan HS). Also going to Northwestern with Robbie Beran. I don't know what he wanted to major (something other than competing for 11th place in the A-10, I imagine) in but I was not talking about Beran.
my mistake.

It is surprising that the only two commitments from the Richmond All-Metro 1st Team have both been to Northwestern.

Mooney has probably shot himself in the foot with local kids. After the Buckingham fiasco, it’s going to be tough.

Last edited:
My comment wasn't directed at UR or Mooney whatsoever. It just seems highly improbable that they'd both commit to NW, out of all of the possible schools.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT