ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Tracker

Holding out hope for Steeves, as there have no updates since we were on his initial list. If we're not being mentioned, I'm glad no one else either and he's just going about his decision making quietly.

it's possible we only wanted one immediately available grad transfer and we've already landed him. that doesn't shine any light on what we're doing with the other 2 spots, but I'm sure we're filling at least one.

True, although Steeves is a bit different in that he has two years of eligibility. He's kind of the ideal candidate for us given his immediate eligibility and he would end up in our empty class.

I haven't given up hope but still it seems like there's no movement anywhere on this front.

yeah, I agree he's ideal. probably the only way to get a body in that junior class, unless we add a grad transfer next year. plus he's 6'7" and shoots 45% from 3. and he's smart. pretty perfect, other than his injury history.

Reactions: fan2011
Grant Mullens a grad transfer from Columbia just signed with Cal. Not sure how many slots Cal has open but good lord their cup has to be getting close to full by now.

Grant Mullens a grad transfer from Columbia just signed with Cal. Not sure how many slots Cal has open but good lord their cup has to be getting close to full by now.
My understanding is that with Mullens they are now full. If Brown does go NBA, I think that then opens a spot, which is expected.

Somewhat...my main intention was just for the first post to be an index of sorts. But discussion of actual recruits probably best suited elsewhere. "Potential Transfers" thread probably best for some of the most recent stuff in here, although even that is unwieldy with so many different guys mentioned with us. That's why I started a new thread for Skara.

Reactions: urfan1
We offered a 2018 forward, Immanuel Bates, of NC. He also has offers from JMU, VCU and Cincy. It is interesting to me that we are offering a TON of kids who also have VCU offers. I am glad, but I can't tell if we are just doing it to do it or if we have legit chances with some of these kids.

We offered a 2018 forward, Immanuel Bates, of NC. He also has offers from JMU, VCU and Cincy. It is interesting to me that we are offering a TON of kids who also have VCU offers. I am glad, but I can't tell if we are just doing it to do it or if we have legit chances with some of these kids.
I'm not sure either but a shotgun approach to recruiting seems common. For instance it appears VCU now has 42 2017 offers outstanding.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that we are currently recruiting walk ons from our incoming freshmen class to fill our last two scholarship spots. This has to be completed in time for the basketball signing party in two weeks.

Really disappointing showing from our staff this spring. Hopefully we can put something together but it doesn't look good.

Yep, we should change this thread title to "Players we aren't getting" because that is all this thread was about.

All this spring signees and transfers to choose from and who we invested a lot of time and energy to try to get here and we only got 1 grad transfer.

Reactions: SpiderK
It's only a big deal if we can't fill them. I admit there is time but we essentially left 2 unfilled last year, so its not like this in uncharted territory for us.

Also, if we have leave them both unfilled that would mean a 6 man class we would have to recruit next year and that is assuming no transfers. I'm sorry but that is no way to run a program.

And really holding slots for high school juniors. Come on people. Half of our roster could be open next year, I'm quite confident we will have a slot available for Bryce.
Not to mention the lack of quality practice, when our starters play against walk ons in practice it doesn't help improve the team.

"He has 4 stars..." "Why choose UR?..." "Heilman Dining Hall ..." "Right. Our coaches had nothing to do with it ..." "Fire them all! ..." OSC

Last edited:
Let's see...CT kid who has offers from a bunch of A10 schools or play in BE at Dunkin Donut Center as a Friar.Let's see...That's a tough one.Dont make me laugh.Why are we late to the party?Not that it matters.So silly.

Let's see...CT kid who has offers from a bunch of A10 schools or play in BE at Dunkin Donut Center as a Friar.Let's see...That's a tough one.Dont make me laugh.Why are we late to the party?Not that it matters.So silly.
Providence has 29 offers out. no idea if they make him a priority or not, but odds are he doesn't end up a Friar.
and offering now is not late to the party.

Providence has 29 offers out. no idea if they make him a priority or not, but odds are he doesn't end up a Friar.
and offering now is not late to the party.
32counter is just upset because he sent Mooney a scouting report on this guy 4 years ago and Mooney didn't offer until now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT