ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Tracker

We haven't offered. I'm fine with keeping in touch with him...he's growing rapidly and he's got the genes.

Reactions: SpiderK
The "potential transfers" thread is getting long and I was losing track of of who we've been mentioned with, so I've added a list of at least the names and eligibility to the first post here. Let me know if I forgot anybody.

vaYltWPO_bigger.jpg
Rick Lewis‏@Coach_Rick57 2h2 hours ago Statesville, NC

Richmond is coming to watch 6'5 '18 Tre Turner of NW Guilford Thursday morning

To move the discussion to a thread that makes more sense...any info on Andrew Gordon? I can't seem to really find anything on him. If 6-10, 220 lbs is even close to right then he has the size we need to bring in with at least one of our remaining slots.

Not a list of schools we typically go against in recruiting, your point about academics makes sense.

LOL...I posted in the other thread before seeing this one. But I think academics were an issue with Gordon, and we haven't been mentioned with him in a long time.

Not sure the source of this, but here's a post from just a few days ago listing Rhode Island, Memphis, LaSalle, FGCU, and Arkansas with him.

http://charleysbasketballreport.blogspot.com/2016/04/top-uncommitted-nepsac-seniors-mid-april.html
On the other thread, I was joking about a typo. But on Gordon, it has seemed like EVERYBODY has backed off for quite a while, so I wondered about eligibility issues.

On the other thread, I was joking about a typo. But on Gordon, it has seemed like EVERYBODY has backed off for quite a while, so I wondered about eligibility issues.
Wow, how bad do the grades have to be for Rhode Island, Arkansas and Memphis to back off? VDU could easily scoop him up and graduate him in 2 years.

Wow, how bad do the grades have to be for Rhode Island, Arkansas and Memphis to back off? VDU could easily scoop him up and graduate him in 2 years.
K, provided he knows how to color, a vdu offer shall be forthcoming. OSC

Reactions: SpiderK
Unbelievable!! And we struggle to get one. Someday I hope to find out the truth about why we have such a uphill battle recruiting.

Probably easier to get transfers when it's your primary recruiting pathway.

Now he has to do something with them.

Probably easier to get transfers when it's your primary recruiting pathway.

Now he has to do something with them.
Sure cuts the recruiting cost down to just go scavenging other teams for unhappy players. All you need is Social Media.

Unbelievable!! And we struggle to get one. Someday I hope to find out the truth about why we have such a uphill battle recruiting.

They will still probably finish in the bottom 4 next year. I don't think our primary recruiting strategy should be to pick up the players who couldn't cut it on P5 teams.

Last edited:
I agree that we should not fill our roster with transfers but we seem to miss out on the few that we do go after.

I like our transfer options: Satchel Pierce, Jalen Hudson, and Patrick Steeves. We already have 3 in the 2016 class who will be solid contributors I think adding a fourth who is a Kovien type player will only lead to transferring the next year. So getting another freshman for the sake of getting one is pointless. I want to get a transfer who will graduate in 2018 given that we don't have any scholarship juniors for next season (except Kirby I guess).

Please no, he isn't good.

Haha fair enough. Don't know much about him to be honest. But having a 7 foot center could be a very nice addition to our rebounding woes. Us, he can't be that bad if he played at at an ACC school. But my point being is I'd rather use the scholarship on transfers then random freshman (especially guards) who will be competing against 3 great recruits of ours. We need more big men or proven guards.

Haha fair enough. Don't know much about him to be honest. But having a 7 foot center could be a very nice addition to our rebounding woes. Us, he can't be that bad if he played at at an ACC school. But my point being is I'd rather use the scholarship on transfers then random freshman (especially guards) who will be competing against 3 great recruits of ours. We need more big men or proven guards.

He didn't really play at an ACC school though, he sat on the bench because he can't play. He seemed to excel at two things: turning the ball over and committing fouls. There is a lot more to basketball than being tall.

Last edited:
Ofoegbu supposedly visited Boise and UNLV this week.

Everything has been silent with Paige.

Things have also been quiet with Steeves since he put out his list.

I was looking at verbal commits and don't see anyone listed for 2016 that I think is actually still in play. Only trueheart and Gordon, both of whom seem to have opted for witness protection.

I'm guessing it's going to be transfers or nothing. It's a bitter taste after signing such a nice early class.

Last edited:
I was looking at verbal commits and don't see anyone lusted fit 2016 they unthinking actually in play. Only trueheart and Gordon, both of whom seem to have opted for witness protection.

I'm guessing it's going to be transfers or nothing. It's a bitter taste after signing such a nice early class.
Bitter taste? Not at all, T. Would be nice to get a transfer with one or two years of eligibility remaining. Then after going to the NCAA's the next couple of years, we can fill those spots with high level recruits. Roll Spide! OSC

I appreciate your optimism and I'm happy with our class but it's bitter nonetheless yo miss on these last two.

I know Paige hasn't done much in college, but maybe he's not in the right situation.
His HS videos look great to me. we'd drool over this kid. maybe a year to learn and develop without playing would do him good.

What program besides us leaves 2 open schollies on the table. And next year we will have 6 open spots same as this year, what gives any confidence that Mooney can fill 6 next year when he couldn't this year?

What program besides us leaves 2 open schollies on the table. And next year we will have 6 open spots same as this year, what gives any confidence that Mooney can fill 6 next year when he couldn't this year?
Duke annually has two open schollies. It's not the number of players, it's how good they are and how well they play together. This is no big deal. OSC

Based on a quick look at the A10 and the ACC, 36% of A10 teams have at least 2 open scholarships currently, and 40% of ACC teams have at least 2 open scholarships currently. I would guess that 35-45% of all teams have 2 open scholarships right now.

So do you expect us to fill those openings when is all said and done or is 11 out of 13 good enough for you?

So do you expect us to fill those openings when is all said and done or is 11 out of 13 good enough for you?

I want to fill those scholarships with the best players we can. Do I think that the 12th and 13th players on college basketball teams have much impact on their team's performance over the course of a season? Probably not much. Only thing I am worried about is front court depth, and if Bernard is a 4 then I am a little less worried.

Reactions: urfan1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT