ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Tracker

we only had one open spot in that class, so I'd say so.
if it was the following year with a 5 man class, though, I'd have been interested in both. they could certainly play together. would be a great passing and shooting back court.

we just offered a 6'10" big man on Friday.

Noah Goldberg
has offered Gus Larson (2021) from Northfield Mount Hermon. The 6’ 10” forward is the #9 player in New England according to New England Recruiting Report
5:14 PM · Oct 11, 2019·Twitter for iPhone

Will be an interesting target. Top 10 NERR is typically a p6 prospect. Additionally, I think I read an article recently where NMH has sent a huge number of guys to the IVY league - could be a case where we can't compete academically (if that is priority) or he wants to go with best league / biggest name.

Will be an interesting target. Top 10 NERR is typically a p6 prospect. Additionally, I think I read an article recently where NMH has sent a huge number of guys to the IVY league - could be a case where we can't compete academically (if that is priority) or he wants to go with best league / biggest name.
yeah, Larson has Brown and Yale offers. each kid is different. great degree and network, but no scholarship money for mom and dad. can be a tough call.

yeah, Larson has Brown and Yale offers. each kid is different. great degree and network, but no scholarship money for mom and dad. can be a tough call.
Unless he's already on scholarship at NMH, I'm pretty certain that the cost for Brown or Yale isn't going to be offputting to his folks...

Unless he's already on scholarship at NMH, I'm pretty certain that the cost for Brown or Yale isn't going to be offputting to his folks...
they might have spent it all on NMH!

Ivy's are need based. if you're really well off it's no problem. if you're really NOT well off it's still no problem because you'll get a ton of financial aid. it's the group in between where that tuition nut is a problem.

or maybe he prefers to go south and have the combination of athletics and academics. -- who knows what really drives any kid's decision until they announce the decision and their reasoning

VCU, UMass offers as well. Oh, and the dreaded BU offer against whom we’ve recently been beat in head to head bids. It’s our turn to get one.

‪#128 QUENTIN SOUTHALL GEORGETOWN PREP MD CLASS 2020

Quentin C. Southall
Committed to University of Richmond
2020 Shooting Guard • 6' 3" 180lbs
Georgetown Preparatory School • Alexandria, Virginia

PERSONAL STATEMENT

My name is Quentin Southall and I am a diligent student at one of the most prestigious high schools in the country. Throughout my life I have always been competitive, eager to learn, and willing to make the sacrifices necessary to accomplish my goals in sports and in academics. These traits were cemented into me at a young age by my parents, but more specifically my father, who was a collegiate student-athlete. Through his example, I learned how to be a role model and how to lead others with my competitive nature, determined mentality, and stoicism.

At an early age, I became interested in basketball. I loved the speed of the game, and I loved how one player has the ability to completely alter the course of a game on offense and defense. I am determined to be that player. Basketball helped me apply my leadership characteristics, as well as help me from my mistakes. Basketball helped me learn how to focus in important situations, and how hard work results in positive outcomes. I have played two years of high school basketball and have been team captain for both years, with last year leading the team to the our league championship. After playing basketball for many years, its exhilarating to see how far I've come, but I realize I have a long ways to go and I'm determined to continue my journey into college.

My academic goals for high school are simple, but ambitious. I challenge myself with the highest AP courses; In my sophomore year I took and passed AP World History with an A, and now in my junior year I am taking AP US History, AP Language, AP Spanish Language, and AP Studio Art I & II. As a senior I plan to take even more AP courses. My high school is a Jesuit high school, and God plays a big part in my life. I am Christian and I will take four years of religion at my high school and my goal is to truly be in-tune with my faith. My goals for my elite classes is to not only pass them but excel in them as preparation for college level work so there will be no doubt in my or anyone else's mind if I can excel in the classroom.

I am a great candidate for your team because of my transcendent intangible qualities. I take pride in my leadership qualities, hardworking ability on and off the court, responsibility and stature, my self-confidence, infectious charisma, and my professional demeanor. My tenacity on the court is unrivaled, my competitive spirit is inalienable, my winning mentality is unmatched, and I have a pedigree few athletes posses. I would be an essential, transcendent, and perennial component to your university and to your basketball program.

Last edited:
I had the pleasure of helping coach Quentin for the past two AAU seasons. First with New World VA and this year with Pure Game Elite. He is a kid who is always around the ball, he hustles almost to the point of playing a bit fast at times, he is very intelligent, has good size for the second guard position and takes coaching very well. His best basketball is ahead of him. He just started dunking in games this June that I recall. Great teammate, players love playing with him. He is the true “sleeper” type of kid who only began really getting noticed this Spring. He went to Hoop Group Elite camp and came back saying he knew he had to work to achieve his dream. He did that. Very nice pickup for the Spiders. Played with a hurt wrist but we didn’t know how serious it was until very late in the circuit.

I had the pleasure of helping coach Quentin for the past two AAU seasons. First with New World VA and this year with Pure Game Elite. He is a kid who is always around the ball, he hustles almost to the point of playing a bit fast at times, he is very intelligent, has good size for the second guard position and takes coaching very well. His best basketball is ahead of him. He just started dunking in games this June that I recall. Great teammate, players love playing with him. He is the true “sleeper” type of kid who only began really getting noticed this Spring. He went to Hoop Group Elite camp and came back saying he knew he had to work to achieve his dream. He did that. Very nice pickup for the Spiders. Played with a hurt wrist but we didn’t know how serious it was until very late in the circuit.

Thanks for the info, I liked a number of things I saw in his highlight film. Welcome aboard Quentin.

Thanks for the info, I liked a number of things I saw in his highlight film. Welcome aboard Quentin.
Is this kid a recruited walk-on for next year? We are at our scholarship max and I don't see any recruiting info on this kid, that indicated any other schools were interested.

Thanks. I suspected that was the case, but I've also seen Mooney recruit kids before that had no business being on an A-10 basketball scholarship, so you never know.
but you've never seen him recruit over the limit.

Anyone seeing much new info?
#10 in New England, no 247 profile, 2 IVY offers but don't see others...

Between his video and what I'm reading, he looks like he could combine Golden & Cayo. And that would be just fine...

we only had one open spot in that class, so I'd say so.
if it was the following year with a 5 man class, though, I'd have been interested in both. they could certainly play together. would be a great passing and shooting back court.

we just offered a 6'10" big man on Friday.

Noah Goldberg
has offered Gus Larson (2021) from Northfield Mount Hermon. The 6’ 10” forward is the #9 player in New England according to New England Recruiting Report
5:14 PM · Oct 11, 2019·Twitter for iPhone

Larson from New Canaan,CT.

NMH won the NEPSAC AAA New England Championship in 2019,2018, 2016, and 2012, and the 2013 National Prep Championship.AAA is the top most competition in all of the NE Prep School leagues.

NEPSAC Class AAA 2019 Tournament http://bit.ly/39t9fBT

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT