ADVERTISEMENT

Peter Thomas Elevated to Associate Head Coach

Yep. And St. Joe's has gone 18-48 in the A-10 post Martelli.
They also went 20-34 the last three years of Martelli in the A-10, so it's not like he was killing it. Fair to say there are larger problems there.

Lange was not a good hire (his Navy record should have tipped them off), but at least they've been improving their A-10 win total each year. Finished with a better record than us and easily won the head-to-head game this year.

Well he might not have gotten extended after those seasons, but he sure didn't get fired, and he's still our coach! He will never be fired here -- it's written in stone and laminated in polycarbonate. Whenever he decides to retire, he will pick the next guy.

When's the last time a guy coached someplace for two decades and THEN was fired? I can't think of an instance.
And Bobby Knight, but yeah, Bobby Knight.

I don't think 95% of this board even realizes we beat Iowa, or if they did, they sure do act like it never happened.
That was a good win year before last. But how long do we milk that win? That milk carton is just about empty now. As others have pointed out, there has been no momentum realized post Iowa win and our NCAA appearance after a 10 year gap. We live in the present with hopes for the future. The past is just that.

And Peter Thomas has a terrific family from parents to wife and children! Probably extends further ... have not seen or spoken to any of them..................

• Haha
Reactions: Zeeter
While I share some of the previous posters' concerns and leapt to some of the same conclusions myself, I also know that when someone is temporarily replacing their boss who is on medical leave, they are not supposed to shake things up. The temporary placeholder's job is to keep things running smoothly and not screw up. Peter did that and I will reserve judgment about what would happen if he were the permanent replacement if/when that happens.

In the meantime, congratulations to him and his family. I am sure he works very hard and cares about the future of the program.

While I share some of the previous posters' concerns and leapt to some of the same conclusions myself, I also know that when someone is temporarily replacing their boss who is on medical leave, they are not supposed to shake things up. The temporary placeholder's job is to keep things running smoothly and not screw up. Peter did that and I will reserve judgment about what would happen if he were the permanent replacement if/when that happens.

In the meantime, congratulations to him and his family. I am sure he works very hard and cares about the future of the program.
Very fair. I'll adopt your perspective on this.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT