ADVERTISEMENT

Mooney to be UR coach next 15 to 20 years

My wife and the people she works with on campus want to move on from Mooney. The guys at The Tavern who sit at the bar want to move on from Mooney. My alumni friends acknowledge it’s time to move on from Mooney. They’re not vocal about it enough to seek out a petition or buy a billboard space. They just know Mooney isn’t fit to tie Tarrant’s shoes.

My wife and the people she works with on campus want to move on from Mooney. The guys at The Tavern who sit at the bar want to move on from Mooney. My alumni friends acknowledge it’s time to move on from Mooney. They’re not vocal about it enough to seek out a petition or buy a billboard space. They just know Mooney isn’t fit to tie Tarrant’s shoes.
If you want to get rid of Mooney and you know all these people with strong feeling that don't like him, you should start a fund that would go to buying out coaches contracts. No one is going to care about a petition, but if you could raise $5 million that would get peoples attention.

Or, you know, we could have just not extended him in the spring after he finally did for the first time in 11 years what he should have done several times in that period. But what the hell do we know.
with a time machine we could change a lot of things. but facts are he's signed for 4 more years. so no way anything happens for at least 2 unless donors make it happen. that's just reality.

Didn't really need a time machine to know extending him in any meaningful way after the NCAAs was an absurd decision. What better jobs were calling him? None.

If you want to get rid of Mooney and you know all these people with strong feeling that don't like him, you should start a fund that would go to buying out coaches contracts. No one is going to care about a petition, but if you could raise $5 million that would get peoples attention.
Yeah, right, we all want Mooney gone, but certainly we all have better ways to spend a few million dollars than to pay a millionaire coach, no one likes, a couple more million to go away. I would rather get my spleen removed without anesthia than pay a dude who has been robbing us for years, even more money. The AD's job is to manage $$$ and contracts. I'm not sure when the regret sets in with this latest extension, but assuredly it will.

Reactions: 8legs1dream
Lol. U said to extend him 3 years at 1.4 million per.
yes, that was my first reaction in a thread asking how long to extend him after the win over Iowa. he was only signed for the next 2 seasons. we clearly were going to extend. I later came down from that.

in the same thread, I said "if Hardt doesn't want him then he shouldn't extend at all. an AD shouldn't do something he doesn't believe in just because he feels he has to based on this year. but if Hardt does believe in Mooney going forward, then he gives him a deal that shows it."

after more time in the same thread, also added "but if Hardt is happy with the direction and the recruiting and the way Mooney handles the program, I don't see a reason NOT to extend him either. I could see adding 2 years."

Or, you know, we could have just not extended him in the spring after he finally did for the first time in 11 years what he should have done several times in that period. But what the hell do we know.
NCAA appearance equals bar reset. 2021 and prior years wiped clean / non factors.

yes, that was my first reaction in a thread asking how long to extend him after the win over Iowa. he was only signed for the next 2 seasons. we clearly were going to extend. I later came down from that.

in the same thread, I said "if Hardt doesn't want him then he shouldn't extend at all. an AD shouldn't do something he doesn't believe in just because he feels he has to based on this year. but if Hardt does believe in Mooney going forward, then he gives him a deal that shows it."

after more time in the same thread, also added "but if Hardt is happy with the direction and the recruiting and the way Mooney handles the program, I don't see a reason NOT to extend him either. I could see adding 2 years."

still an interesting read. Some r not much better than Hardt and he's atrocious. But I'll cut the board a little slack because it's his job unfortunately.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT