ADVERTISEMENT

Not a Word

spider fan

Spider's Club
Dec 4, 2003
After the game while going through the shake hands line Jim Larranaga said not a single word to any Spider coach or player. Mooney spoke to him as well as did most of our players but received no response. That is Larranaga's call but I do not recall ever seeing that happen with an opposing coach before. Merely an observation but that is unusual. As soon as he walked away from the line he became loquacious.

Everyone was still kinda stunned, imo. If I'm Mooney, doubt I'd want a Roy Williams-like greeting after an emotional stunner. Quick and brief from GL was fine by me, he's a good coach.

Edit, Jim, not George
clown.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 3/25 12:13 PM by HuntsmanSpider

Thanks Huntsman for that perspective. My analysis was vacillating between "rude" and "respectful".

To be honest after watching many Miami games this year, that is his style after a game win or lose.
Don't know why, but he rarely says anything while shaking hands in line.

I don't have a problem with it - especially since this was the game that ended our season. He shook hands - thats all he needs to do. I would say its respectful. No issue here.

For whatever it's worth, I noticed that in 2 full timeouts Laranaga did not address his team. His assistants talked to the team in the huddle while Jim paced in front of the bench by himself. He then encouraged the team as they broke the huddle and went back to the court.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT