ADVERTISEMENT

Remember Joe Cullen?

mojo-spider

Team Manager
Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010

just heard him mentioned as Kansas City defensive coach on CBS broadcast of the Chiefs v. Bills...Wiki says he is the defensive line coach for the Chiefs...I'd read somewhere along the way that he was still in football, but hadn't checked on his progress for quite a while...he's been in pro ball since 2006 with six different organizations...he's coached the defensive line in KC since 2022...

Cullen came to Richmond in 1992 from UMass and stayed until the 1998 season...he progressed to UR defensive coordinator for the 97-98 seasons...spent 1999 at LSU and then returned to the DC position at UR for the 2000 season...Jim Reid was his mentor and head coach...they had some pretty good defenses during the Reid years...

Cullen's resume could serve as an interesting travel guide...certainly an interesting career!

Go Spiders!

just heard him mentioned as Kansas City defensive coach on CBS broadcast of the Chiefs v. Bills...Wiki says he is the defensive line coach for the Chiefs...I'd read somewhere along the way that he was still in football, but hadn't checked on his progress for quite a while...he's been in pro ball since 2006 with six different organizations...he's coached the defensive line in KC since 2022...

Cullen came to Richmond in 1992 from UMass and stayed until the 1998 season...he progressed to UR defensive coordinator for the 97-98 seasons...spent 1999 at LSU and then returned to the DC position at UR for the 2000 season...Jim Reid was his mentor and head coach...they had some pretty good defenses during the Reid years...

Cullen's resume could serve as an interesting travel guide...certainly an interesting career!

Go Spiders!
That's one way of putting it.

• Haha
Reactions: SFspidur
Nobody can forget Joe Cullen. Fwiw I believe the Richmond D lineman from that era all swear by him. Not sure bout the O lineman maybe the reverse lol.

Is he the coach that had the drive-thru incident?
Yes. The wiki profile includes the drive through incident as well as a few other personal matters…

He must be damn good at his job to have been rehired with all of his personal baggage…

The Chiefs line did a pretty good job versus Allen and the Bills

Go Spiders!

Reactions: urfan1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT