ADVERTISEMENT

Nelson Ododa

Do you suppose that his remarks regarding Richmond are "shots" at the Richmond style, or just comparisons of the differences?

It's hard to tell what he meant by his comments because they are so vague, but he seems to have won the starting spot at center for Pitt, so it can't be that much tougher than Richmond...

Well, we were better than Pitt last year and advanced farther the same tournament, so I'm not surprised that he could start for them and expect to play more than he would for us.

Pitt has always played a physical style of basketball, im not surprised it feels different and they emphasize different things.

I don't really care what he meant -- I'm looking at our current and future players

if you look at the front court for almost every power 5 conf, they have tons of big, physical guys, we do not. so in practice you are up against more big and tough guys, a new world. as 72 says, if he gets tougher then he will be good.

Reactions: Not-A-Homer
I still want to know how ANO went from being a 50% ft shooter to a 80% ft shooter. Whoever pulled that one off needs to work with a couple of our potential starters

^^Agreed, if we can get DT and TD shooting 75% from the FT line, it would help us out a lot, we might actually get some production from these two slashing to the basket and getting fouled. Personally, I don't expect either of these two to provide much production from outside shooting. The FT shooting seems to be the obvious thing they could improve upon.

75%??? Let's start with 60% and hope that breeds some confidence. TD and DT were 41/46% respectively last year. Kendall was 79%. Just a little perspective...

I thought the 41% was a typo until I looked it up. Both should be embarrassed. That's the kind of stat you see in YMCA peewee leagues. It's bad to have one starter to shoot that poorly, but two?? I assume both will improve, because they can't possibly get worse.

I always kidded that Trey's father shot his jersey number 32%...

I thought the 41% was a typo until I looked it up. Both should be embarrassed. That's the kind of stat you see in YMCA peewee leagues. It's bad to have one starter to shoot that poorly, but two?? I assume both will improve, because they can't possibly get worse.
This is ONE of the reasons that UR lost a lot of close games last year.

Praised ANO earlier for improvement at FT line cause of probably lots of practice over the summer. Maybe he gave the same effort for his game from 10 feet in around the basket but no noticeable improvement came from it?

Hopefully those Pitt practices got him tougher cause he'll need it tomorrow against Gonzaga with that potentially awesome frontcourt. Of course there's Kyle Wiltjer and the 7" load Karnowski. Plus you have soph Sabonis who's game looked so advanced for a frosh last year. Remember his dad as a skilled center in the NBA with Portland who came over later in his career.

The Pitt-Gonzaga game was cancelled at halftime due to the court being too slippery.

ANO started the game for Pitt last night, got a block on the Zags first possession, then lost his man three times under the basket resulting in scores and got benched after three minutes. He came back in briefly but got yanked quickly after similar result.
Had a bad night in his first game.
By the way, the game was halted after first half because the court was wet from tropical humidity and considered too dangerous to play on. Apparently there was no AC.

ANO started the game for Pitt last night, got a block on the Zags first possession, then lost his man three times under the basket resulting in scores and got benched after three minutes. He came back in briefly but got yanked quickly after similar result.
Had a bad night in his first game.
By the way, the game was halted after first half because the court was wet from tropical humidity and considered too dangerous to play on. Apparently there was no AC.
I saw that. The floor was dangerous. Ano was as lazy as ever last night. Coach saw it too and and yanked him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT