ADVERTISEMENT

King

fatherspider

Team Manager
Feb 9, 2013
IMO he is the reason why the Spiders can beat Dayton Sat and have a special season.
He is one on those rare players that has the swagger and confidence, and can come through.
King has something imo, that no other player has had since Ive been watching, and thats, take over the game, this is my shit confidence. Gilly had the swagger without the shot, imo.
King takes over the game and he thrives on it.
Im excited to see where he take this team.

Last edited:
IMO he is the reason why the Spiders can beat Dayton Sat and have a special season.
He is one on those rare players that has the swagger and confidence, and can come through.
King has something imo, that no other player has had since Ive been watching, and thats, take over the game, this is my shit confidence. Gilly had the swagger without the shot, imo.
King takes over the game and he thrives on it.
Im excited to see where he take this team.
I agree fatherspider, King has that “It” factor. He can take over a game at will. I’m glad we have him on our team.

King can be absolutely lights out. Fun to watch. I think the only small knock is can he do the the same against big long p6 competition. If I recall Colorado and BC kept him in check. He has a big opportunity on Saturday to move into that Kevin Anderson/Gilly/Atkinson/Blair level in this regard. Dayton is like an ACC or Big East team by eye test and court test. Gonna be fun.

And thinking about it, Gonzo may be very apt comparison. When he was cooking he was absolutely in a zone. And he had some unbelievable games against the rival Xavier. Xavier was loaded with talent.
I believe that he will show out on Big Saturday!

I love watching king. Just an absolute pleasure.

I still maintain that Anderson was the best player I’ve seen in a spiders uniform. Guy was an absolute baller.

King can be absolutely lights out. Fun to watch. I think the only small knock is can he do the the same against big long p6 competition. If I recall Colorado and BC kept him in check. He has a big opportunity on Saturday to move into that Kevin Anderson/Gilly/Atkinson/Blair level in this regard. Dayton is like an ACC or Big East team by eye test and court test. Gonna be fun.
We need to practice running him off of screens when they face guard him. What we saw part of 2nd half last night will be a regular going forward.

And thinking about it, Gonzo may be very apt comparison. When he was cooking he was absolutely in a zone. And he had some unbelievable games against the rival Xavier. Xavier was loaded with talent.
Speaking of Xavier, did you hear Mooney say Xavier instead of Dayton in the postgame? LOL. He was probably thinking about some of those great games we had with them and how Saturday's game could feel like that kind of game.

Speaking of Xavier, did you hear Mooney say Xavier instead of Dayton in the postgame? LOL. He was probably thinking about some of those great games we had with them and how Saturday's game could feel like that kind of game.
I did not listen, but that is hilarious. Yes, this one has that feel. Those were some epic games.

Yeah, he said something like "Xavier, and Holmes" and I was trying to figure out which Dayton guy was named Xavier.

First time watching him live. Really impressive in every way. His steal, drive, and falling down reverse layup was right in front on me. Sick. The confidence pours out of him and I think it feeds into thd rest. Best Spider since I have watched. His hunger to win is what puts him over others imo.

First time watching him live. Really impressive in every way. His steal, drive, and falling down reverse layup was right in front on me. Sick. The confidence pours out of him and I think it feeds into thd rest. Best Spider since I have watched. His hunger to win is what puts him over others imo.
He is a bonafided star!

Last edited:
Father, that crazy layup should have been a Sports Center top 10 since he was hit, knocked off balance and still
somehow got the ball up on the backboard and in.

images

some of you may get the obscure reference, lol.

he's incredible. I'm 100% convinced he had a broken finger or something last year to shoot 31.5% from 3.
can't imagine how this year would be going without him.

images

some of you may get the obscure reference, lol.

he's incredible. I'm 100% convinced he had a broken finger or something last year to shoot 31.5% from 3.
can't imagine how this year would be going without him.
I read that as last night not last year and got confused.

Last year the other guard shot 18.9% and only 1 player had half as many makes as King. I’m sure that made him a focus of those great SoCon defenses.

While I didn’t remember the reference did recognize the chainsaw arm.

King has to overcome the preseason predictions and media crowning Holmes POY before a game was even played. Holmes is having a great year as is Dayton, both of which were expected, but to me right now, Jordan is having an even better year and we beat them head to head, we are in first place in the league.

Gonna be real interesting if we finish 1st and Jordan continues what he is doing, if he is able to overcome the baked in preseason love for Holmes.

who votes on these things? If coaches, he has a good chance. Many coaches witnessing firsthand how great he is. When you gameplan a guy and he gets 20 or 30 (or more) on you, it's noticeable.

Winning also helps.

Reactions: urfan1
who votes on these things? If coaches, he has a good chance. Many coaches witnessing firsthand how great he is. When you gameplan a guy and he gets 20 or 30 (or more) on you, it's noticeable.

Winning also helps.
I think it is the coaches. SF, I'm sure will inform us as to the correct answer. And yes, King has straight up dominated many league games, so that is going to leave an impact.

I think many people here have only seen Holmes play against us, where he was contained and had one of his worst performances of the year. He is a very dominant player that can take over games just like King.

I think it is close between king and Holmes, could come down to which team wins the conference.

Reactions: urfan1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT