ADVERTISEMENT

Jacob Gilyard - 2017 Signee

Different states and offers per VC. Perhaps doppelgangers though...

I'd really love to see the remaining players in the 2017 class be 6-7 or taller. What am I missing with our roster construction? Aside from Golden, who the hell is going to defend the post in 2017-18 and beyond?
Paul when healthy can play. Hopefully we get Grant's brother, Bryce. We will be ok. OSC

Paul cannot seem to stay healthy and Bryce is 2 years away, even if we do get him. Has there been anything that has even indicated that the Golden Brothers want to play together?

Here ya go Mo:

https://prephoopsmaryland.sportngin.com/news_article/show/512874?referrer_id=1497049

Here is an excerpt:
"With his older brother Grant recently committed to Richmond, Bryce entertained the thought of playing with his older sibling in college.

“That’s definitely always been in the back of my mind. And it’s definitely what my mom wants me to do,” said Bryce. “I’ve been thinking about that a lot, and I think it would be really cool to play with him at the next level, especially because I didn’t really get to play with him a lot in high school because he got hurt last year.”

Reactions: Spider93
Apparently all it took was me saying we didn't appear to be involved in order to get a visit.

So I'll just say this: It appears we're not involved with any Top 25 guys.
Thanks, SF! OSC

Apparently all it took was me saying we didn't appear to be involved in order to get a visit.

So I'll just say this: It appears we're not involved with any Top 25 guys.
Good stuff SF, I was just thinking someone said we didn't seem to be involved. I guess we never know what is going on with recruits. I do feel Moliva's angst about signing another big. Really with Solly was eligible this year as well.

Paul when healthy can play. Hopefully we get Grant's brother, Bryce. We will be ok. OSC
I think this is a bit of wishful thinking Ulla. Paul has played virtually no time for us, maybe he will but he's on the wrong side of history right now. Maybe we will get Bryce but that's far from a sure thing. Far.

impossible to cover a guy who's quicker than you and has range beyond 25'.
the guy in the yellow shirt didn't do a bad job, but Gilyard lit him up. awesome scoring PG.

Neat Barstow hype video; Jacob is #14. Young man can shoot and handle. OSC

Jacob said in a couple of interviews he was hearing from Wichita State and others. Sign him up! Another Ulla favorite! OSC

guard to close and blows by you, guard to far and shoots over you, -- sign him up this weekend -- show him K0 highlights and accolades

Jacob said in a couple of interviews he was hearing from Wichita State and others. Sign him up! Another Ulla favorite! OSC
As of 7/20...
“Right now, it's a pretty long list, but recruiting me hardest is Tulsa, Wichita State, Missouri State, Richmond, American, Oral Roberts, UAB, Wofford and Vanderbilt,” he said.

CsMKWKlUkAE3qdN.jpg

Loved the looks of that video. I'm on board with the "we really need a nice big guy recruit" crowd, but we also need a guy like this. He reminds me of the guard out of Memphis that ended up going to Florida. Big time talent it appears. Very nice!

Wow KA and KO combined so now let's get a 4 or a 5 or both and this will be
one heck of a class. Forgot about Solly, so I will take a versatile 6'7" up who can
play SF or PF. Am I being too greedy?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT